Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
This reminds me of my disappointment at the Space Marine computer game. There's a super-duper giant fuckoff robot. There's literally millions of invading orks. It had Gorkamorka written all over it! But no. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012
I *do* recall that someone over at 4chan posted the chronicles of their "Deffwatch" campaign, wherein a group of particularly cunning orks successfully masqueraded as Astartes through a sector best described as the Imperium's dumping ground for its idiots, stoners, lunatics, misfits and oddballs.

Suffice it to say it was...Interesting.

InfiniteJesters fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Feb 14, 2012

PantlessBadger
May 7, 2008

moths posted:

Ork theology owns. Is there any talk anywhere of an ork-centric RPG? There ought to be.

I think Morgan (I forget his forum name) was working on a DH (or RT?) conversion for running an Ork campaign. Not sure if it was ever finished or what became of that. With all the Ork stats that are out there, it honestly wouldn't take too much work to set up, I don't tihnk. Probably a lot more limited in terms of class selection, but really when you get down to it, it wouldn't be too tough.

On an unrelated topic, and since I don't have PMs but you're reading this...

Liesmith: Are your games all dead? :( Haven't seen you in IRC in ages, but you're still alive and posting here.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!
Into the Storm for Rogue Trader has rules for playing as Orks. It's meant for players who really really want to have a Freeboota on their crew, but there are enough options to fill out a whole Freebooter crew if need be. You'd have to adapt some stuff (like ship rules and the profit factor system), but you could use it as the basis for an Orky campaign.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I think I need to dig out my copy of 'Ere We Go and make this happen.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Seriously Orks are the best part of 40k.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Hey, it's in the OP already.

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

PantlessBadger posted:

Liesmith: Are your games all dead? :( Haven't seen you in IRC in ages, but you're still alive and posting here.

im only slightly dead, but yeah I think my games are pretty defunct. i can't see riso forgiving me for letting Pendragon die

Hodgepodge posted:

Into the Storm for Rogue Trader has rules for playing as Orks. It's meant for players who really really want to have a Freeboota on their crew, but there are enough options to fill out a whole Freebooter crew if need be. You'd have to adapt some stuff (like ship rules and the profit factor system), but you could use it as the basis for an Orky campaign.

A Kroot mercenary campaign or an eldar/dark eldar corsair ship would be pretty baller as well

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
I never want to see a Dark Eldar game because I'm pretty sure all those people who post stats for their harems online would be the first to sign up.

Edit: "But wait, what mechanical benefit do I gain from slowly stripping the flesh off of this random dude, is that like an extra week of life or what."

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!
Yeah. Sadly, Dark Eldar are one of those things that would be awesome until you realize where people would take it.

I'd be down for a Liesmith-run Dark Eldar game though. That's a very different thing.

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Benagain posted:

I never want to see a Dark Eldar game because I'm pretty sure all those people who post stats for their harems online would be the first to sign up.

Edit: "But wait, what mechanical benefit do I gain from slowly stripping the flesh off of this random dude, is that like an extra week of life or what."

that is a really good point.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

That's why it needs to be a lighthearted game where everyone is an Ork

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
No it should be a lighthearted Dark Eldar game. Basically Snidely Whiplash, Waluigi, Doctor Doom, and Skeletor as cartoonishly evil incompetent space elves who fly around the galaxy committing acts of ultimate pettiness.

:black101: We have stolen your precious flakboards, feeble human Guardsmen. Watch as we take all of your flakboards and leave. Now you have no flakboards with which to fortify your trenches.

:confused: They do know we have literally billions more of those things, right?

:geno: SHUT UP MAN just pretend to be terrified. Trust me on this.

:science: Dark Prince, we are out of room in the cargo bay. Should we abandon some of the human flakboards?

:black101: NO!!! We will take ALL of the flakboards! Jettison some of the worthless baubles we captured from that Rogue Trader vessel.

:confused: Merciful Emperor it's raining Thrones holy poo poo this is incredible aaaaaa

:geno: Last week they dumped fifteen tons of medical supplies in front of us.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Angry Diplomat posted:

No it should be a lighthearted Dark Eldar game. Basically Snidely Whiplash, Waluigi, Doctor Doom, and Skeletor as cartoonishly evil incompetent space elves who fly around the galaxy committing acts of ultimate pettiness.

:black101: We have stolen your precious flakboards, feeble human Guardsmen. Watch as we take all of your flakboards and leave. Now you have no flakboards with which to fortify your trenches.

:science: Dark Prince, we are out of room in the cargo bay. Should we abandon some of the human flakboards?

:black101: NO!!! We will take ALL of the flakboards! Jettison some of the worthless baubles we captured from that Rogue Trader vessel.

:confused: Merciful Emperor it's raining Thrones holy poo poo this is incredible aaaaaa

If there were Orks, they'd be dropping bomb squigs, which is way cooler :colbert:

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

No, they would be challenging the Dark Eldar to the greatest rockoff ever

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Angry Diplomat posted:

No, they would be challenging the Dark Eldar to the greatest rockoff ever

These things are not mutually exclusive, sir. :orks:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Jesus Christ these guys are available again.

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012

moths posted:

Jesus Christ these guys are available again.

The only matchup worth playing is these guys versus Slaaneshi Marines. :black101:

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Angry Diplomat posted:

I'm thinking of a game where Dark Eldar keep showing up but the horrible poo poo they do isn't as bad as day to day life under the imperium so people just sort of roll with it

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

:twisted: "Welcome, human war prisoners, to the unending hell of IMPROPER NUTRITION."

ed: it's like Hogan's Heroes where yeah the bad guys are loving Nazis, but things aren't really that bad.

Pharmaskittle fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Feb 16, 2012

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Liesmith posted:

I'm thinking of a game where Dark Eldar keep showing up but the horrible poo poo they do isn't as bad as day to day life under the imperium so people just sort of roll with it

These horrid space elves swoop in going "now you shall toil as our slave drudges, you will receive one meal and five hours of sleep per day, dissenters will be whipped and the weak will be left to die" and the peasants are like "holy poo poo where do I sign" and the elves are all :stare:

I like it.

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012
Fear And Loathing In Commorragh.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!
:twisted: : Should any of you rebel, you will be tortured to death over the course of days! The rest of you will be armed and will fight for our amusement.

:confused: : Wait, aren't we already in the Imperial Guard?

FrozenGoldfishGod
Oct 29, 2009

JUST LOOK AT THIS SHIT POST!

Hodgepodge posted:

:twisted: : Should any of you rebel, you will be tortured to death over the course of days! The rest of you will be armed and will fight for our amusement.

:confused: : Wait, aren't we already in the Imperial Guard?

Whereupon the guy next to him shoves him and says, "Shut up, man, these guys have weapons that actually -work-!"

TehWarsmith
Jul 3, 2010

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I enjoy making overly fancy and corny names for Battlefleet ships.

Aegis of the Pious
Blade of Victory
Deliverance of Faith
Destroyer of All His Enemies
Agent of His Will

etc.

For me it's all about the hilariously overwrought latin that every single word in the setting must be turned into. Administratum, Ministorum, Magistratum, Informium... I almost died when a Mr. Culexus comic had someone working out in the Gymnarium.

I've just started a Dark Heresy campaign and one of the players is an noble born detective who helps the Arbites investigate stuff, and when he officially introduced himself as an "Investigari" I squealed with joy.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
Welp

I have no idea where the hell I'm going to put this massive, sex-repellent obelisk which represents my lack of impulse control.

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Wikipedia Brown posted:

Welp

I have no idea where the hell I'm going to put this massive, sex-repellent obelisk which represents my lack of impulse control.

hide it in a hiding place where no one ever goes.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Yes, and then build a profane shrine around it.

TehWarsmith
Jul 3, 2010
The way I look at things like this is if you ever do meet a girl who you bring home and she sees that you have a giant Chaos tome and is super impressed by it and wants to play Black Crusade with you, you'll know you've found the one.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

TehWarsmith posted:

The way I look at things like this is if you ever do meet a girl who you bring home and she sees that you have a giant Chaos tome and is super impressed by it and wants to play Black Crusade with you, you'll know you've found the one.

Until she gets slaneesh in the bedroom and you find yourself part of her dark sacrifice

St0rmD
Sep 25, 2002

We shoulda just dropped this guy over the Middle East"

I remember reading a post years ago by some goon who brought a girl home, then in the middle of sex she straddled him, and suddenly pulled out a knife and started shouting "Blood for the Blood God" and trying to stab him.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
Yeah, definitely hiding it. And maybe I'll throw a lead blanket over it to dampen warp emanations.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Wikipedia Brown posted:

Welp

Pardon my ignorance but...what is that?

ItalicSquirrels
Feb 15, 2007

What?

SlothBear posted:

Pardon my ignorance but...what is that?

It's a book.

On a less smart-rear end note, http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3065

ItalicSquirrels fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Feb 18, 2012

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

St0rmD posted:

I remember reading a post years ago by some goon who brought a girl home, then in the middle of sex she straddled him, and suddenly pulled out a knife and started shouting "Blood for the Blood God" and trying to stab him.

Oh god, I thought I imagined that thread.

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
did he execute her for heresy or just kick her out of the house and call the cops

St0rmD
Sep 25, 2002

Liesmith posted:

did he execute her for heresy or just kick her out of the house and call the cops

I think they got married.

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012

St0rmD posted:

I think they got married.

Our hobby, everyone! :v:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!
To be fair, if they were both 40k nerds, then that is perhaps the best prank in the history of nerds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

St0rmD
Sep 25, 2002

I just made that up, of course, but it seemed like a funny thing to type. I have no idea what happened after that, and it was at least 5 or 6 years ago, so good luck digging for it in the archives.