Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
With the new thread, I got the combat sheet I mentioned! It's two pages, but the second page is newer than the sheets I have printed.

Download Here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Pharmaskittle posted:

a techpriest or someone who isn't an idiot starts punching deck in their lovely APC.

I was under the impression that most if not all techpriests were still idiots punching specific buttons to produce specific results.

At least, that's how our current Magos got his start. He just got really lucky with his die rolls and never told anyone :v:

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Benagain posted:

They put a Rogue Trader version in the Deathwatch book, no idea how it actually plays though. You could always take a page from Black Crusade and be all,

"Holy poo poo, a Carnifex! Space Marine, go nuts. Everyone else, start fixing the ship/rallying the troops/running like hell."

Edit: "Holy poo poo, a social situation! Space Marine, stand in a corner and glower menacingly at the idea of 'fun'. Everyone else, go nuts."

I've always been a fan of having multiple styles of enemies in combats like this. The SM goes off fighting the Carnifex, while the party has to take on another Horde of 'nids so they don't chew the Marine's backside off while he's distracted.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

InfiniteJesters posted:

I am trying to imagine what playing a Grey Knight is like.

How you you make and play something even more ridiculously overpowered than a Deathwatch Space Marine? How do you challenge it? Throw multiple daemon princes and Bloodthirsters at it at once?

If it helps, the Grey Knight in my Ascention game is no more broken than anyone else combat-specced. His Daemonhammer means he does a shitload of damage but has no Dodge or Parry chances. Strangely, he has no problems letting my Sanctioned Psyker (who is a sorcerer and at 47 corruption) psykically heal him drat near every round :v:

A few Necromancer Immortals was a significant threat, if only because they wouldn't stay dead. Just make you're using multiple enemies to make a challenge - the amount of poo poo you have to pile on to make sure it doesn't die in the first turn makes it really not fun to fight, ime.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Sierra Madre posted:

:stare:

I'm amazed they haven't been at each other's throats by now.

That's because my insanity manifests as both fanatical loyalty to the Emperor and rampant paranoia. I'm smitten with the Grey Knight and he's believed my stories about how I "purified" my "psychic rituals" so they're totally not heretical, no way!

The paranoia also means I can kill any member of the party, given a full action. Psychic supremacy! :black101:

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Arglebargle III posted:

By the climax of the first session your PCs will have caused more carnage than parties manage in entire campaigns in other systems.

Bullshit. My DH party has caused much more chaos and death!

In our first storyline we managed to:
Crack a support strut and several critical supply lines in a Hive World while accidently blowing up a munitions dump

Kill a free hundred thousand more when we burned out the 'Mid infestation that was keeping the structure of a giant cathedral suspended

And force a heretical priest to enact his bug-out plan: launching the covertly-repaired ship that had formed the origional nucleus of the hive city, opening the dome to the toxic air of the planet proper.

Only the second was an objective given to us. The body count was in the trillions.

Oops? v:v:v

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

CommissarMega posted:

poo poo, forget Space Marines, Ascension-level characters (especially if they're psykers) are much better on the offensive. Our DM is throwing small Hordes at us just to keep us challenged, and as I mentioned in the FATAL and Friends thread, I managed to mindblast a Lord of Change to the point where we have it gently drooling away in o

:hi5: I wish my DM would let me do poo poo like that. Psykers are The Best Bullshit.

OTOH, the gloves have apparently come off in my Ascension game, since we just kicked the poo poo out of a Wraithlord, Farsser, and her retinue. Whelps, time to start abusing my paid powers:v:

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Trip report for my last session of DH:

Our "combat servitor", a Cybernetic Resurrected Death-Cult Assassin, is now a techno-bear.

We're in a Craftworld sitting right on the edge of the Eye of Terror, and have cut our way through hordes of Eldar, Chaos, Tyranids, and mutated all of the above. Three sessions in, we're walking around and the Assassin is the only one to fail a willpower check, four times in a row.
Now he's a bear.

A few seconds of stunned silence pass, and the Magos who resurrected him says something like "Huh, so that's what the changeling implant does!"

Nonetheless, it's been really handy having a giant-rear end pissed off bear coming along with us to draw aggro so I don't die. He's also great at noticing all the really hostile poo poo coming to kill us, then going first to beat everything to the literal punch.

The Magos keeps installing more monitors into the bear. I'm beginning to have my doubts this "changeling implant" even exists.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

MaliciousOnion posted:

It seems Dark Heresy isn't dead after all! FFG has just announced yet another supplement for it, The Lathe Worlds.

Looks like it will follow in the vein of Blood of Martyrs and Book of Judgement, expanding on the AdMech and forge worlds.

Son of a bitch. I just know the Magos in my party is going to get even more retarded poo poo to install in people with his mind-control chips.

I'd ask when they're coming out with a splatbook for psykers, but I have a feeling FFG thinks they already have two - Radical's Handbook and Diciples of the Dark God :getin:

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

CommissarMega posted:

Another supplement coming out sometime in the future- The Navis Primer for RT, and I'm definitely getting this one, as it looks to be the 'Psyker's Handbook' for Rogue Trader. Did I mention it had Weirdboy rules?

I don't even play RT and I'm buying this SO HARD.

Oi'm so metal I 'eadbang every day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

MaliciousOnion posted:

Even if you do lose a limb, you can just hold the limb where it's supposed to go.

Also, because of discipline mastery and a number of other factors, actually manifesting Seal Wounds can become ridiculously easy.

I always read the first as not happening - that's why the Regeneration power exists. Someone else gets their arm chopped off, it's time for bionics.

Seal Wounds, OTOH, is stupid powerful. You could change it to the same way Healer works and require people to make a Toughness test or take that amount of wounds, but that quickly becomes a "save-or-die" situation.
And with someone like a Templar Calixis with some upgrades, you're getting adds off Dicipline Mastery and Power Well, combined with your (presumably) good Willpower, and all of a sudden you need to roll 5 on 4d10 to make the power work.

The other problem with Biomancy is Bio-Lightning. Automatic damage to the tune of probably 4-5 dice? Even though it's separate attacks, doing 2 wounds with each hit is going to gently caress up a human enemy really quickly.