Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PantlessBadger
May 7, 2008
It was originally scheduled for Spring 2011. I've had my Amazon pre-order delayed from June 2011 to July 2012 :( Still no updates on the FFG website about it, either. I think they probably have just been diverting staff to deal with BC or something like that, so it keeps pushing things back. The Arbites book was 3-6 months behind schedule as well, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantlessBadger
May 7, 2008

Sanzuo posted:

I'm really wanting to get into a 40k RPG. Considering I just moved to a new town, I don't see that happening anytime soon. Are there any live (maptools) games going on or is it all PbP?

I think someone tried to get a maptools game going a while ago but couldn't quite get it worked out in terms of finding enough players and deciding when to run it. There are otherwise a few pbp games running right now, but I don't think any are recruiting.

PantlessBadger
May 7, 2008

moths posted:

Ork theology owns. Is there any talk anywhere of an ork-centric RPG? There ought to be.

I think Morgan (I forget his forum name) was working on a DH (or RT?) conversion for running an Ork campaign. Not sure if it was ever finished or what became of that. With all the Ork stats that are out there, it honestly wouldn't take too much work to set up, I don't tihnk. Probably a lot more limited in terms of class selection, but really when you get down to it, it wouldn't be too tough.

On an unrelated topic, and since I don't have PMs but you're reading this...

Liesmith: Are your games all dead? :( Haven't seen you in IRC in ages, but you're still alive and posting here.

PantlessBadger
May 7, 2008
How about an update on Only War? Right now it seems like it should be renamed to Only Delays.

PantlessBadger
May 7, 2008
Inquisitor's Handbook is nice in terms of providing a lot more gear and expanded abilities, but I suppose it's not really necessary unless you want to GM something, since the info in it is really stuff you don't need the book for.

The others really depend on what type of games you're interested in. Blowing stuff up, investigating or buying stuff... Oh, and heresying it!

PantlessBadger
May 7, 2008
To be honest I think they may have decided that DH was mechanically too limiting for an IG-based supplement. In running two PBPs of it, I've found a ton of rather frustrating situations that would have been improved by use of BC, but I started the games before it came out. There's been some talk of DH2e but who knows if that's anything more than idle chatter.

PantlessBadger
May 7, 2008

nauggins posted:

I was hoping that Only War was gonna be a DH supplement still, but this is probably going to own. Are DH guardsmen gonna be left hanging, though? One of the players in my DH group loves the hell out of playing a guardsman and was hoping he'd get a book of his own.

They've said it'll be compatible, so if it's really an issue you might be able to let him convert some material over from the OW book. I'll admit it's a bit of a letdown for playing Guardsmen acolytes, but I suspect being its own system will really help for anyone wanting to play an actual guardsman campaign.

PantlessBadger
May 7, 2008
Seems to me like it would take a while no matter what since you'd want a handful of things like ambidextrous and two weapon fighting, not to mention melee weapon training (chain) and pistol training (bolt) (not to mention actually being able to buy the weapons in question). I suspect guardsman or cleric probably get the earliest access to all the necessary stuff, but you probably still need to be high level. Maybe the easiest way would be to do it for an ascension campaign where you could probably start out with all the necessary feats and gear? Guardsman > Commissar (Stormtrooper) or something like that?

PantlessBadger
May 7, 2008
I think the only significant difference is BC combat rules are designed for higher level characters with higher starting characteristics. If you've got level 1 acolytes they'll have a bit more difficulty hitting things than they already do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantlessBadger
May 7, 2008
It's available for download from drivethru RPG http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3370