Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

FrozenGoldfishGod posted:

Wow, man, for a guy in a thread that's all about talking about "Power Metal: The Role-Playing Game", you sure seem upset at a silly storyline. Ever considered that Warhammer 40k isn't really meant to be the setting to play the deepest, most meaningful campaign ever?

I agree, excelsior's game sounds really awesome and I think it's perfectly in keeping with W40K.

Then again, I love Through the Fire and the Flames only a little bit ironically, so V:smith:V

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

WINNERSH TRIANGLE posted:

Ehe. Chilli sauce is yummy. I'm going to slather all my food in chilli sauce. Actually gently caress that. gently caress food. I'm just going to have chilli sauce. Anything that's more meaty or complex than chilli sauce - gently caress that. It'd just get in the way of my appreciation of that most 'power metal' (:regd10: :shibaz: :kamina: :thumbsup:) of foods. By the way, 40k isn't even 'power metal' - it's 'baroque, over the top gothic', which comes with its own particular and distinct set of assumptions.

Yeah, stop having fun wrong!

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Wait a minute, are you saying that being metal as hell and not providing player agency are the same thing? 'Cause I don't get that at all. [E: Just realized that you're saying that we, excelsior's defenders, are conflating a lack of agency with being metal. Well, that's certainly not my position.]

This blog post right here has some good ideas about player agency, and I'd recommend it.

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Feb 9, 2012

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Has anyone played a Dark Heresy hack of Maid RPG? I've read of people running one-shots of it, but can't find any information on how it actually plays.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

InfiniteJesters posted:

I have this sudden urge to run Rogue Trader less as grimdark Star Trek and more as a grimdark spacefaring Pirates of the Caribbean.

Imagine this as the campaign theme song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPb6nG1E4P0&feature=endscreen&NR=1

:black101:

Read The Buccaneers of America for inspiration. For instance, did you know that if you are starving on an ill-planned jungle trek, you can cook and eat a leather bag? Alexander Exquemelin will tell you how! :yarr:

It also reveals how major pirate expeditions would make the big bucks. Basically, you lay siege to a wealthy town (planet), kill the defenders, spend a few days drinking and raping and ransacking, then ransom the town (planet) back to the local governor - taking everything that isn't nailed down as you leave. Lots of people will try to hide their valuables from you, so make sure to torture them so you don't miss anything! :eng101:

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Oooh! Oooh! I know! Maid RPG! Fair warning, there's a lot of creepy anime bullshit written into it, but it's easy enough to throw that stuff out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

CommissarMega posted:

Sorry, I've already done this :haw: Albeit with a DH campaign using Maid rules, but same difference.

Tell me more. :allears: