Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
So it's perfectly valid for my Strength 50 (w/Bulging Biceps) Void Master to carry around a Las Cannon as long as I have an NPC carrying some Ammo packs isn't it? Especially if I store some spares in my Guncutter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
So I just finished the Dread Pearl campaign and I went up a whole rank. Fantastic.

We allied with one of the Bros (The dude with two swords) and we went to go fight Djanko Scourge and him and his 7 Companions turned up all riding motorbikes to the music being pumped out of the Tech-Priests Boombox Bicep. :rock:

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
I'm GMing for the first time ever next week.I'm planning on doing a one off of either Dark Heresy or Deathwatch considering someone else ran a Rogue Trader one off last week. Which would be more forgiving for a new GM/New Players.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
You've obviously never played with my Rogue Trader Group :eng101:

Are there rules for converting characters from the other books? It would be nice to have the option of having Inquisitors and Assassins with them because I have to make characters for 6 people and I'm afraid it'd get with 6 huge dudes, telling tales of the emperor, Who was also Huge.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
So my first time GMing went well. I scratched together two tacticals, two assaults, a Devestator and an Apothecary. One for each chapter and threw Renown and Requisition out of the window and gave everything something shiny and a few random talents that suited them. It seemed to work better for a one off game to get some newbies into tabletop

A Blood Angel Assault Marine who's specialty was Dual Wielding Chainswords was lifted up by the Space Wolves assault marine. At the edge of his boosted vertical jump range he then proceeded to throw the Blood Angel directly into a Tyranid Warrior.

I didn't even bother rolling for damage :black101:

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
I knew there was something broken that after all the Bonuses he had the Devestator was rolling for 90's and under.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Liesmith posted:

there are two ways to deal with this mechanically: make him fight hugely destructive hardasses who swallow up damage like it aint no thing, or make him fight guys who are really hard to hit in positions where he can't get an advantage. This can be tough to balance though because missing all the time is not fun.

He decided to unload on the Hive Tyrant that decided to show up for a couple of rounds before extraction happened. There was some combat earlier but he always rolled quite low for initiative and 2D5 Shrikes isn't really a lot of Shrikes for 6 marines I've found.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Get some of those drugs that amplify psychic abilties. Make a new Eye of terror

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Oh god why are we fighting Rak'Gol.

:smith:

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Solus posted:

Oh god why are we fighting Rak'Gol.

:smith:

Well it turns out they are hard nuts to crack. Even my meltagun did gently caress all. We survived though :unsmith:

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

CommissarMega posted:

In our experience, Accurate weapons are surprisingly effective. Those sniper boltguns (can't remember the name) and Angelus-pattern boltguns hooked up with ammo backpacks chew them up like nobody's business.

We're a Rank 3-4 Rogue Trader party and I'm running around with a Meltagun and a Heavy Stubber. I think our GM has started to hate us

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
So I'm shooting my Heavy Stubber with Automated Reload, Tearing and Storm.

It has a Damage Profile of -/-/10 and 1D10+5

If I roll enough to shoot 5 bullets, I know I rolled 5D10. but do I add +25 or just +5

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Yeah I rolled a 3 on Ballistics check that after all the bonuses I had rolling was around 80. To make it faster I just rolled 10 dice twice. Then rerolled them one at a time and took the highest and then added 50...The Rak'Gol kinda exploded.

:black101: indeed

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
144 Damage in one round from my Chain Cannon.
After armour reduction which is taken in per bullet. 10 total.

:aaa: what the hell am I fighting

Solus fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Apr 10, 2012

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Apolgies for poor formatting I am writing this at midnight a few hours after the game and I'm a bit preoccupied with legal dramas but I had to share this before I forgot the cooler details

--

So our party is running a fancy module in which we are helping excavate an Eldar digsite thing next to a Maze City. We own a significant share in the expedition being Space Pimps at all.

Last week we were attacked by Rak'Gol and are forced to retreat into the maze, blocking the entrance with a Chimera, Holding the beasts off for now. We then proceed to explore deeper into the maze to find an alternative entrance. During out travels I, being the void master who happens to be good at surface navigation :psyduck:, managed to find a Eldar making her way through the maze as well. I manage to Sneak past her entirely unnoticed as the Tech Priest Skittari man sets up a fully aimed shot right at her head (he rolls like 140 when setup properly). I cock my custom crafted archaeotech Heavy Stubber to get her attention and she surrenders being outnumbered 40-1 (We have ex-Imperial Guard with us).

We then proceed to tie her up and blindfold her and attempt to interrogate her as to what the gently caress is going on. Our Seneschal, who has Speak Language (Eldar), almost managed to make her spill the beans when we are interrupted by a bloodcurdling screech from deeper in the maze. We recognise it as an Ally who wandered off ealier and the Eldar promises to take us there, as her goal lies there too. In a rush we have to trust her and we all rush off.

What we find is a dead ally and a towering monstrosity. It is covered in scaly armour and looks like it is made up of multiple men. We later find out this thing is the result of the implantation of a Halo Device. We then move to engage it as it seems hell-bent on killing us first.

Our Skittari pops off a shot and it fails to do any damage. The Priest sets it on fire while the Rogue Trader and the seneschel pepper it with bullets all of these doing little to no damage. I then unload 20 rounds into the beast dealing a total of 144 Damage, after reductions due to it's massive toughness and armour only dealing 10. The Astropath then steps up to the plate and attempts to freeze it in place. She rolls doubles. Perils of the Warp time.

The roll makes everone in the room Frenzy. Everyone drops their guns and begins stabbing away at the beast. Those with the heavier melee weapons, such as power swords do a bit of damage but it simply has too much soak. It rolls around to my turn and I'm the last one in Frenzy. I drop my Chain Cannon and draw my Power sword, After getting Righteous Fury Twice I end up dealing around 25 Damage to it. Visibly wounding it for the first time.

I then get bitchslapped taking me from 14 wounds down to two, having it miss it's last attack and me dodging the first as an incredibly lucky stroke. The round rolls around again with everyone trying to take it down and soon it's my turn again. I stand back up and calmly unholster my Melta Gun and use it to light the Cigar permanently clenched between my teeth. I roll to hit. I have to get under 70. I roll a 4. I then roll damage. Righteous Fury. The Warp tainted beast catches fire and the Halo Device explodes in a shower of crystal shards, killing the Beast.

After patching ourselves up we all watch the Eldar start a arcane device in the centre of the room. She tells us that she's rearranging the Maze and it's either keep up or be left behind. After a harrowing sequence of events, in which our priest almost dies after a Rak'Gol snags him, only to end up barbeque'd by the mini flamer attached to his chainsword and I end up carrying the astropath after she turns out to be incredibly slow we end up back at the Chimera.

I then proceed to Run over about 5 Rak'Gol as our Skittari hangs out the top attempted to pull an awesome one and shoot the Eldar in the leg as we're driving at 40kmph through the excavation sight. Unfortunately the Eldar manages to get away and we manage to get back to our giant spaceship in low orbit. We're undecided on wether it's a good idea to nova-cannon the entire planet or not.

Tl:dr - We play a little loose with the rules and I end up being a crazy bastard who runs over aliens with tanks :black101:

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
So. Cybernetics loving rock. After a shopping spree that turned my Void Master into the bastard child of Riddick and Adam Jensen. I can now Dual Wield Melta Guns with a free firing actions when moving and another anytime during the round. I also get more armour, immunity to flash grenades and After all my bonuses a +30 to Piloting, Drive and Tech use.

Also my Servo Skull can mix my Drinks for me :3: This game really is pimps in space.

On another topic. I'm probably taking the augmenticist alternate rank next rank. There is a Disturbing Voice talent I can take. For reference my Void Master is a Toughness and Strength 45 Brick Shithouse of a man who's permanently bald and has been burnt on 90% of his body because the parties priest decided to set him and the dude he's grappling on fire because he knew I could shrug any serious damage off and the other guy would get hosed up.

MY GM has ruled that if I take that I can turn the effect on and off at will. Should I go for some reverberating, gravelly Tom Waits type thing. Or something like this

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Liesmith posted:

I think you should go with whatever you like. If I was to make a magos/explorator with a disturbing voice, it would be like SHODAN's, a chorus of robotic-yet still essentially human- voices, like that of the Omnissiah himself. And I would never turn it off. I dunno about a pilot, but if he identified the ship as an extension of himself then you could do the whole "Look at you, Hacker. panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?" thing, which is cool

My character sees these cybernetics as a means to an end. He wants to be the best pilot there is basically. He's also an alcoholic.

The idea of interfacing into the ship itself to track people throughout will be really bloody useful though

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
so my Drinks Serving Servo skull duelled an Ork Commando until we managed to retreat to our Gun Cutter and swing back over and rolling down the window and picking him up.

He had a Pict-Corder and we have video footage of this event. I wonder if we should sell it

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
We now have someone playing a Pariah character in the Black Crusade game that is starting up in my circle of Roleplaying friends. This is going to end quite well. :psyduck:

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Hodgepodge posted:

How would the Vortex even react to a Pariah? Seems like an oil-and-water type of thing.

On the other hand, the Pariah's services would be very much in demand.

I'm not entirely sure. I found rules for them in the Radicals Handbook and they seem pretty balanced. The Guys character apparently started worshiping chaos out of purely logical reasons, known only to himself, and it is his goal to get the Chaos Gods to notice him.

I think my GM has his work cut out for him with our characters though, what with a Disgraced Inquisitor, a Female Chaos Sorcerer (Warp be hosed up yo) who believes that they are the queen of their Home Planet and the Warp itself, A Midget wielding two Chainaxes and a drug habit and a fellow who has massive precog powers and betrayed his whole planet to the Inquisitor because he saw that being the best option for him.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Question: Is it possible for a Space Marine to be a Pariah? Like at any point in the history of Space Marines. I ask because thats a thing that is happening in Black Crusade and it is as metal as gently caress.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Ashcans posted:

If you want to play a Pariah marine it doesn't seem so wildly impossible that your GM should stop you. I mean sure it might be a little strange and unusual, but that's sort of stock for characters - lots of them have weirdness in their background. I mean it might not be very well received, and could easily be the reason that your dude is no longer chilling with his chapter and working with Deathwatch instead (or whatever). Basically the chapter decided they didn't need to be turning these people over, the Inquisition finds out and gets all grouchy, and the chapter compromises by agreeing to second them to specific important missions when needed.

Space Marine chapters get up to crazy poo poo all the time. That ranges from the ones that are in all-out violation of some Imperial Creeds (like the Black Templars havng way too many members) and the Blood Angels having crazy cannibal rights. But it also extends to the ones that just throw a little wobbler and go power-crazy with their domains, like leading up to the Badab War.

I'm gonna keep the crazy ball rolling. After the player fleshing out the character with us last night (We start the game next week)

We've established that he is a Pariah, But..

He's a Space Marine from before the Horus Heresy
He was a Word Bearer who is still fiercly loyal to the Emperor
He's also a chaplain.

He's pissed/confused at what the Imperium has become and has persuaded my character, an Inquisitor, to fix this poo poo.

My body is so loving ready :black101:

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

I imagine its seduction like "Vader was seduced by the dark side" rather than "hey big boy"

Why can't we have both? :pervert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

This guy knows what's up.

Or play like my game and just use the setting to play Renegades trying to fix the Imperium

and then getting cast out as Heretics and getting exposed to how poo poo it REALLY is, and then going "gently caress it, CHAOS TIME"