Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

bbcisdabomb posted:

With the new thread, I got the combat sheet I mentioned! It's two pages, but the second page is newer than the sheets I have printed.

Download Here.

Oh that's awesome thanks, I know I'll be forwarding that to my group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Mr Fahrenheit posted:

As for game terms, am I correct to assume that in Deathwatch, any damage dice that rolls a "10" means it gets another free attack due to Righteous Fury? Or is that normally only granted by things like fate points, et al?

In Deathwatch all Righteous Fury rolls are auto-confirmed and you roll more damage.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Ze Pollack posted:

...against xenos. Anyone else, you have to confirm your Righteous Furies.

That is correct, sorry, it's been awhile since I cracked the DW books since my group self destructed :(

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

InfiniteJesters posted:

An Imperial Guard game? I gotta wonder if this is gonna be like Paranoia where you're expected to die horribly but have extra lives of sorts...

Amusingly I was thinking the exact same thing.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

InfiniteJesters posted:

It's either that or an ULTRAMANLY difficulty setting version of Deathwatch.

I really want to watch the Starship Troopers movies and than play a game of Only War. Give every player a three-ring binder of pre-generated characters and try to fight some 'nids.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

mllaneza posted:

* Flip *

* Flip *

* Flip *

Get used to that.

And the squad of Hormagaunts have reached your section of the wall, everyone lose 1D6 characters.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Rockopolis posted:

People are nearsighted and glasses are archaeotech in 40K, which is why melee troops are a viable option. You don't really see the object of your Hatred until you get close.
I mean, is there anyone in 40K who wears glasses?

Inquisitors, who use them to lower your guard because, how dangerous could a guy be with glasses right? Than WHAM! Digi-Melta right in the face, or psychic powers either way.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Rockopolis posted:

Accurate Digital Melta, for when you need to uppercut a tank.

Oh wow, I need to do or see this in a game.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Telsa Cola posted:

Im pretty sure since most digital weapons are like rings and poo poo uppercutting a tank with one would just lead to you vaporizing your hand when its stuck in the molten morass of what used to be a tank. At least thats how I would rule it unless they were wearing power armor or something. I mean if you want to uppercut a tank get a power fist, its pretty much literally what they were made for.

Rule of cool man, rule of cool. :)

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
Does anyone have any suggestions for how to make combat in DH2 go quicker? The group I'm in just had a two session fight because of the sheer number of combatants, 6 players and 10-12 baddies and it was hard keeping everyone's head in the game when its so long between their turn.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
Thank you all, this is the first game our GM has run in a very long time so I will definitely pass your suggestions along. I especially like not letting mooks parry or dodge. I think she is running a packaged adventure out of one of the books and isn't yet comfortable changing too much but I'll see if I can't change her mind to make things flow faster.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
Currently playing through the GM kit adventure right now and it's not great as a player and the GM is not happy with the writing and has started changing things to be more fun for her and us.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Zaphod42 posted:

From an interview

Every time somebody makes a fan work, the companies usually DMCA / cease and desist it, and everybody on the internet goes :shrug: "well they had to, that's the law" but that's not at all true, that's confusing copyright and trademark law which are different things, and they're free to let people use their copyrighted ideas / images / names if they want to. And it seems like he's actually spoken with GW and they've said as long as he doesn't profit off it he's fine with them.

Not quite as safe as if they gave him a proper non-commercial license, but still, he has their blessing.

Which is exactly what happened with Damnatus, except at the very end GW changed their mind, cited "copyright law" declaring that they'd lose all control over their works and squashed release of the film, which lasted five minutes until it was mysteriously leaked online.

The Lord Inquisitor looks great and I hope that doesn't happen to them. Although watching Imperial Fists not marching in perfect unison was weird.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
I thought it'd been implied several times that the Tyranids were running from something, maybe I'm mixing it up with something else.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Cythereal posted:

The Void Dragon is the Omnissiah. The Emperor defeated the Void Dragon during the Middle Ages on Earth and brought it to Mars so that it would one day inspire a cult of technology for the Emperor to use. Every thousand years, a new priest and a protector were drawn to the tomb of the Void Dragon where they inherited the book with the rituals to keep the Dragon contained and leaking knowledge to the Adeptus Mechanicus.

Unfortunately, that book went missing during the changing of the guard during the Heresy...

Which book(s) is the bit about the book in? I always need more mechanicus in my life.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
I somehow missed that one thank you.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
A friend is running a Dark Heresy 2nd game are there any good character builders out there? The only thing I could find was a long abandoned spreadsheet.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
I was afraid of that but I had a shred of hope that somewhere out there was a good builder.

But you know what they say; "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

MaliciousOnion posted:

I've got a link to an experience cost calculator in the OP, afaik it's completely up to date.

Oh slick that'll definitely help thanks!

MizPiz posted:

Dizelabs made a character sheet app that does make it easier to build and manage your PC, but it isn't free.

I checked it out because I'd never heard of such a thing and; their license with GW ended so they had to pull it from everywhere and than shutdown because it was never profitable in the first place. :capitalism:

Electric_Mud fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jun 30, 2018

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
I would absolutely appreciate that.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

MizPiz posted:

Took me longer than it should, but here it is. Let me know if the supplemental books are included.

https://www107.zippyshare.com/v/AkjyRMx2/file.html

Edit: Should note it will only work for android

Sadly I can't get it to work in BlueStacks but it works on my phone so score, thank you!
Supplement wise it looks like only Enemies Within is included. Weirdly I have to enter in things like; home world (eg. I have to manually type in "Forge World), and background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
Yeah it wants a code or to connect to a server that no longer exists. Still, super handy