Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.
Black Crusade is a great system. It's much more polished than Dark Heresy, and the open advancement system lets players create an incredibly wide range of characters. I wouldn't play it totally in line with the standard scenario if I didn't want an evil game. You can use the system to play a group of freedom fighters trying to take down the Imperium, and actually avoid corruption points, mutations, and becoming aligned. I'm working on a game like that with a Raven Guard SM, Ordo-Xenos Inquisitor, Black Ship Pilot, Explorator and Sister of Battle who get hosed over by various means and escape to the Screaming Vortex with the intentions of dismantling the Empire. It's not very hard to frame the Imperium as something really, really lovely.

Of course, this also makes the inevitable descent into Chaos all the more fluid. Infamy can't be won without braving the perils of the Warp in a place like that.

Commissar Budgie fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Feb 7, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.

everyone posted:

Sisters of Battle

The campaign isn't starting off as a game against the Imperium, but the players have expressed to me OOCly that it's the kind of game that they want to play. Of course, a Sister of Battle isn't going to up and turn heretical, but it's a progression that's going to be played out. In short, these individual characters' personal goals and ambitions are going to lead them to reach the conclusion that the Imperium is holding back mankind as a whole.

I have faith that the player will be able to roleplay a Sister of Battle falling to Chaos well enough, especially one that has been marked a heretic.