Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
So I just joined a Dark Heresy 2E game on discord (which is like my fourth or fifth online game because corona) and I wanna know if the game's good/tips and tricks. I made a Mechanicus Seeker and I think it's a fun character concept (cyber-detective) but I'm not sure how mechanically good it is or what to focus on advancements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Pharmaskittle posted:

you can make admech characters totally brokedick since the implants and talents get really ridiculous, although tbh it's been so long I don't really remember them off the top of my head. Flesh is Weak I think got a minor debuff in 2E but remained one of the best talents in the game.

I went with Ballistic Mechadendrite to abuse my Weapon-Tech talent from my homeworld without having to buy a weapon or talent to use a higher tech weapon. I also got the Interface port for Cyber-Dectective purposes.

I spent my starting XP on stats and skills and talents I had double-aptitudes since it seemed like the best cost-benefit ratio. As is I could go for full-investigative or full combat monster with my future xp expentitures.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Is there a way to not suck at requisition rolls in DH 2E? I want my Mechanicus Detective to get more fun cybers and maybe even craft some stuff.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Dune posted:

“No more terrible disaster could befall your people than for them to fall into the hands of a Hero”

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I now have two friends planning Wrath & Glory campaigns.

Edit: I got a couple character concepts, gotta see how viable they are. Either Mechanicus (almost always OP), Death Corps of Krieg or Death-cult Assassin. I'd go Rogue Trader but I don't think it fits the campaigns they're planning.

MonsieurChoc fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Dec 28, 2022

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Cooked Auto posted:

Rogue Traders work best with campaigns designed around them, also the career is kinda unfinished anyway from what I remember back when I played W&G.

Yeah. I made a Death Korps of Krieg commando witht he idea of making him as hard to kill as possible. He's a normal DKK guy with two unusal traits: a tendency to (barely) survive his missions and a sense of humor. That's how he got recruited by an Inquisitor instead of getting reassigned when he was the sole survivor of his regiment.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Wrath of Glory is kind of like the comic book team-up of 40k.

I have only played a one-shot of it so maybe I'mw rong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I like both Wrath and Glory and Imperium Maledictum for different purposes.