Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
The Imperium has some other mode of transportation and logistics than "more chimeras", right? I was talking to people about how the imperium gets staff, supplies, and other crap about the place and I had a bunch of people suggest it's an entire system of variant chimeras. I'm assuming there's some kind of jeep/truck/armoured car thing they actually use though, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

I did mean in a military context but I realise I forgot to mention that :downs:

I was thinking for OW, in particular.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

How've people found IM now it's been out for a bit? Is it a good DH replacement?

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

A shame, but good to know! They're still selling DH2 in PDF, it looks like, so it's a shame if it doesn't really compete well with itself.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

If you're a heretek, what's the point of having mechanicus implants? It feels like all they do is let you buy augmetics that only the mechanicus would sell, so it only really seems to let you play the con that you're a tech priest, trust me bro.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

So, Dark Heresy obviously got the update treatment (and now has IM taking a really similar tack) - is there anything in Wrath and Glory to support Rogue Trader's play scheme? Did anyone ever make some kind of hack of it to the DH2 style rules?

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Stephenls posted:

I've been working on the assumption for years now that the Horus Heresy novels are the equivalent of fictionalized historical dramas about a hypothetical "real" historical period that we have no direct access to, the fictional equivalent of the Black Books' biased, half-informed in-character historical nonfiction. Some of the novels are probably really close to accurate; some of them are about as accurate as Braveheart. Which ones are which? Who knows!

(But then I'm a weirdo about this; I also like the take that Fury Road is a later populist retelling of a real road war perpetrated by the rebellious Imperator Furiosa against Immortan Joe into which "Mad" Max Rockatansky has been anachronistically inserted by the teller as a folk hero, because it's a cultural convention that Mad Max always shows up in stories of that sort from around that era, where "that era" sprawls further forward and backwards from Max's probable lifespan as time goes on.)

Isn't it outright stated at the start that the following is a later story ("word-burgers of the history men" or somesuch)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Has anyone tried out the genesys fan conversions? How'd it go, if you did?