Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Clanpot Shake posted:

I played one game of this and now I've got horns and a tentacle arm. The voice in my head says this is normal but I don't know. Should I be worried?

It's perfectly fine and normal. In fact you should listen to the voice in your head more and do whatever it says. It will be fun! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What is the difference between Rogue Trader combat rules and Black Crusade rules?

Black Crusade makes it so full auto weapons don't give you the same bonus as aiming carefully for a full round, so the most effective strategy isn't "ROCK AND ROLL BLAM BLAM BLAM* every round

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Can't forget Dodge. Probably the most important way to not be ground to paste.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Colonial Air Force posted:

They have a thieving nature? Is that from the videogames? I never finished the DoW II expansions.

It's heavily implied in the descriptions for the wargear you pick up, that the Blood Ravens just happen to find legendary relics that fell off the back of a truck all the time.

http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Ravens#Blood_Magpies

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

spacegoat posted:

...So he's not Khornate?

Maybe he summons his powers by YELLING REALLY LOUDLY AND CHOPPING OFF HEADS IN GLORIOUS MELEE COMBAT AS A FOCUS?

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

bbcisdabomb posted:

Son of a bitch. I just know the Magos in my party is going to get even more retarded poo poo to install in people with his mind-control chips.

I'd ask when they're coming out with a splatbook for psykers, but I have a feeling FFG thinks they already have two - Radical's Handbook and Diciples of the Dark God :getin:

It's also probably because DH psykers are Broken As Hell and literally every game that came after them (RT, DW, BC) used different rules from DH to make them less retardly powerful.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Completely unarmed combat doesn't have a lot of mechanical support in all the lines.

Powerfists on the other hand....

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Just take powerfists to the next level.

Powerarms :black101:

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Synonymous posted:

I'm looking at getting into Dark Heresy very soon and am planning on playing a Psyker, because the Warp Manifestations and Sanctioning Side Effects sound fun and insane. This will be my first pen and paper RPG, let alone my first DH game- anything I should know about playing a Psyker? Is it a horrible choice for a newbie?

Willpower as high as possible, all the bad stuff that can be saved against runs off willpower plus it determines how successful you are at manifesting powers. Take Unnatural Aim, it will make you one of the best marksmen in the party. Healer is also good because there is very little healing in vanilla DH. Other then that take what looks interesting

If you survive to get major psyker powers, the biomancy school will break the game and make you a walking god.

But mostly

Scoobi posted:

Use your powers as often as possible.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Don't forget that he can't aim at what he can't see. I don't have my books with me, but I'm pretty sure there are rules for smoke grenades somewhere in either DH, RT, or DW that you could borrow.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Scratchy with his unhelpful Grot, Itchy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Gigantic buff men who steal children to become one of them sounds like witchers minus the whole monster slaying thing. Would be cool to have the populace hate and fear them rather then the standard, "glorious lords from the sky" depiction