Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Fayk posted:

Obviously the GM has the final word, but what are people's thoughts about MIU compatibility on fairly (not some disposable poo poo from a hive-world) nice quality man-portable weapons (vs vehicle mounted, etc) - like a Solo Bolter for example? Either having or being able to be retrofitted via TechUse/Armourer/etc?

Bolters have machine spirits, and a high quality astartes bolter might have thousands of machine spirits, each serving a sacred purpose in the gun. They are ludicrously advanced weapons. The only reason they might not be MIU compatible is because they are TOO COOL for your run of the mill MIU and will fry anyone who even tries to link with them unless they are an inquisitor or techmarine or similar worthy. IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Zereth posted:

The fantastically advanced technology of forty thousand years in the future which is in nearly every case massively inferior to the fantastically advanced technology of twenty thousand years in the future? :raise: (Or whatever the actual figures are, I don't feel like looking up the timeline here)

In the Dark Age of Technology they really, completely understand basically everything. Dark Age humanity could do things that would make the tau look like fumbling infants, could keep up with the eldar in terms of tech, they were the bee's knees.

People in 40k are backwards fumblers compared to them. that doesn't mean they are backwards fumblers compared to us though. Presumably by then, our quaint paradigm of the scientific method would be a ludicrous goal to strive for. It would be like us emulating the fumblings of a monkey to extract termites from a log. Sure, we don't know everything, but we are better than that poo poo.

To treat the people of the far future as some sort of superstitious neoprimitives is funny, but it's funnier if the superstitious barbarians of the 40th millenium are still smarter than we are in the dawning of the 3rd one. They are people living in a world that they can't understand, sure. but we can't understand it either. so yeah they have no idea how machine spirits work, it's like magic to them. But at least they know they exist, we are so stupid today that we haven't even noticed the machine spirits that run our poo poo. thats the joke

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

S.J. posted:

How else would someone who believes that their lasgun literally has a spirit inside of it interpret what the Orks are doing?

Alternate explaination: the orks instinctively know how to placate their stuff's very real machine spirits, in an instinctively scientific way, while human beings do not.

Hodgepodge posted:

In the DH and RT rules, at least, Ork weapons do automatically work a little better in Ork hands- typically they gain the Unreliable trait if a non-Ork uses them. They still work, though.

right but isn't it more likely that orks, a species of creatures genetically engineered to know how to build technical marvels instinctively, also know how to use those technical marvels instinctively? rather than ork magic making it work through retarded force of belief.

it's kind of a fine line if you assume that Machine Spirits are real things that the 40th millenium is totally right about, but it's still more interesting than "magic makes this happen, also everyone ever is a moron"

Liesmith fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Feb 14, 2012

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

PantlessBadger posted:

Liesmith: Are your games all dead? :( Haven't seen you in IRC in ages, but you're still alive and posting here.

im only slightly dead, but yeah I think my games are pretty defunct. i can't see riso forgiving me for letting Pendragon die

Hodgepodge posted:

Into the Storm for Rogue Trader has rules for playing as Orks. It's meant for players who really really want to have a Freeboota on their crew, but there are enough options to fill out a whole Freebooter crew if need be. You'd have to adapt some stuff (like ship rules and the profit factor system), but you could use it as the basis for an Orky campaign.

A Kroot mercenary campaign or an eldar/dark eldar corsair ship would be pretty baller as well

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Benagain posted:

I never want to see a Dark Eldar game because I'm pretty sure all those people who post stats for their harems online would be the first to sign up.

Edit: "But wait, what mechanical benefit do I gain from slowly stripping the flesh off of this random dude, is that like an extra week of life or what."

that is a really good point.

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Angry Diplomat posted:

No it should be a lighthearted Dark Eldar game. Basically Snidely Whiplash, Waluigi, Doctor Doom, and Skeletor as cartoonishly evil incompetent space elves who fly around the galaxy committing acts of ultimate pettiness.

:black101: We have stolen your precious flakboards, feeble human Guardsmen. Watch as we take all of your flakboards and leave. Now you have no flakboards with which to fortify your trenches.

:confused: They do know we have literally billions more of those things, right?

:geno: SHUT UP MAN just pretend to be terrified. Trust me on this.

:science: Dark Prince, we are out of room in the cargo bay. Should we abandon some of the human flakboards?

:black101: NO!!! We will take ALL of the flakboards! Jettison some of the worthless baubles we captured from that Rogue Trader vessel.

:confused: Merciful Emperor it's raining Thrones holy poo poo this is incredible aaaaaa

:geno: Last week they dumped fifteen tons of medical supplies in front of us.

I'm thinking of a game where Dark Eldar keep showing up but the horrible poo poo they do isn't as bad as day to day life under the imperium so people just sort of roll with it

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Wikipedia Brown posted:

Welp

I have no idea where the hell I'm going to put this massive, sex-repellent obelisk which represents my lack of impulse control.

hide it in a hiding place where no one ever goes.

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
did he execute her for heresy or just kick her out of the house and call the cops

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Mr Fahrenheit posted:

But it means that any damage dice that rolls max damage has a chance to cause a catastrophic amount of damage? Cause my last game had our Librarian seriously deal over 70 damage to a horde he was locked in combat with, split between two turns of combat. That's not even counting a Devastator who didn't know the rule and said he had a handful of 10's on the damage rolls :stare:.

you can't righteous fury against hordes

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Huh, I never knew that. Does it really matter? After all doesn't a hit that does damage reduce the magnitude by 1 regardless of how much damage it does?

yeah, that's why you can't RF against them. Damage is irrelevant except with fire weapons.

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Babbage posted:

Sorry, I thought you were saying I reposted it, and yes I can see it's on google images now. I just thought I had a larger version of the picture than you could get easily through google. Sorry, I was trying to help and got confused. :(

Never apologize. Stand tall. Instead of saying you are sorry, try saying "shut up S.J. Did you know that Ork weapons work becuase they believe it really hard?"

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Solus posted:

I knew there was something broken that after all the Bonuses he had the Devestator was rolling for 90's and under.

there are two ways to deal with this mechanically: make him fight hugely destructive hardasses who swallow up damage like it aint no thing, or make him fight guys who are really hard to hit in positions where he can't get an advantage. This can be tough to balance though because missing all the time is not fun.

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

mllaneza posted:

And "too big". Bring a couple squads of CSMs with Librarian support. Expect to lose a bunch.

Man, a chaos space marine librarian would be pissing into the wind with all the hexagrammatic wards they would have going on int here. A Black Ship is gonna be crawling with ridiculously strong dudes (grey knights even), badass Inquisitors, Sororitas, maybe an imperial saint. every inch of the place is gonna be covered in wards to hold down the psychic powers whipping around in there. Also the ship is gonna be designed as a compartmentalized fortress so that they can just devastate individual rooms to take care of any especially strong witches who might get out of control.

I just can't see a strike team taking one. maybe if you managed to suck it into a warpstorm?

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

MaliciousOnion posted:

It's not that they're more crew-efficient, they just have sections that have been walled off because nobody know what they do

RIP rogouch and its lurking genestealers

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

CommissarMega posted:

Okay, got me a fluff question here- how versatile is Biomancy? I mean, can it say... induce pregnancy?

Wait, wait, don't probate me for being creepy just yet! See, I mindblasted a Lord of Change to 0 WP, but thanks to a bad Navigation roll, our DM took the opportunity to have a Daemonic Incursion be some kind of rescue party, and while we managed to chase off the incursion, it seems they managed to take the LoC. Upshot is, we now have a VERY pissed LoC after our hides.

BUT! There is a way out. There's a prophecy which states that the Daemon can be killed by a child born without a father- basically, we need Space Jesus to kill Space Satan. Thing is, my Psyker (the party's only one, and a lady to boot) has mastered Biomancy :haw:

So the plan is to find a suitable mother. We're all Puritans, praise the Emperor, in good standing with the local Ecclesiarchal insitutions, so it wouldn't be all that hard to find a good, honest woman willing to make a sacrifice. Our Magos knows a few people who know a few people (guy's a Thorian, so I suppose he might have an ulterior motive- honestly, after this he might have a point), so I suppose we can get some gene-therapy or whatever techno-bullshit we'll need to accelerate his growth, and there's bound to be some memetic-something-or-other in Inquisition vaults to accelerate the kid's learning.

HOWEVER, none of this is going to work if I can't convince the DM that I can do this. I'm confident of my chances of not coming across as creepy (or at least, creepier than I've already managed to be), so we can hopefully rule out that aspect, but are there any other pitfalls in my plan?

so wait, in order to fight a Lord of Change you are gonna make a pskyer baby out of wizard powers? yeah, that's gonna go bad faster than you can say "Just according to keikaku"

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Kortel posted:

Quick question about Vacuums. If a room is vented suddenly and without warning do the players lose a round due to surprise? Or would they get a chance to react? This is very important to my assasination of a Rogue Trader.

Losing a round is save or die bullshit. At the very least they should get an initiative/awareness roll or something, and personally I wouldn't penalize them with a surprise round at all considering that the sudden onset of vacuum without a suit is bad enough

That said, if you are venting a dude into space, I might not give him a chance to move or even stand still unless he's got some magnet boots or whatever. He might get sucked out into space that round (can still shoot dudes at a penalty or maybe slap on a helmet if he's got one available)

Liesmith fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Mar 31, 2012

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
that's literally how spacehulks happen

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Wikipedia Brown posted:

And it don't stop.

Have another 40K RPG!

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3185

this is a really minor issue but I hate it when people use the word 'myriad' like it means 'lot', eg. engage the enemy with a myriad of tactics. I prefer when it's just "engage the enemy with myriad tactics." I know Myriad can be a noun, and that it is arguably more correct that way. I just think it sounds stupid.

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Mechafunkzilla posted:

For some reason it gives +20 BS on a Full Auto Burst action. For comparison, in Black Crusade it's -10. Even when playing Dark Heresy nowadays I use the new attack action rules from Black Crusade.

not just that, it also gives more hits per degree of success. If you roll just under your BS, you get to hit three times right there. If you get a lot of successes as a sniper, you hit exactly as hard as you would have with only one success. If you get a lot of successes with a heavy bolter, you get to hit up to ten times. And it's not like it's hard to stack modifiers in combat, although +20 is a pretty huge one.

Black Crusade's +10 single +0 Semi Auto -10 Full Auto is great because different circumstances make each option viable. Maybe you really need to hit a guy and the +10 bonus is a godsend. Maybe you want to do solid damage without missing and you use semi auto (nobody ever used to use semi auto before btw). Maybe you can't miss so feel free to unload with your full auto this one time. In previous games only people who thought they were assassins used single shot, and they were mechanically punished for doing so.

Liesmith fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Apr 10, 2012

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Swagger Dagger posted:

Semi-Auto gives you a +10 in Deathwatch, unless we're playing it wrong. It's all we use unless there's a full auto option on the gun, which bolters don't have but the kinda loving broken at close range assault shotguns do.

Yeah, what I was saying is that you always picked the most automatic option available because it was both the most likely to hit and the most likely to do damage. You would never pick Semi-Auto if you had a full auto option. It's why they took away the full auto option for most guns and lowered the number of Heavy Bolter hits to 6.

Speaking of more likely to do damage, Righteous Fury. Because you have a chance to RF on every hit, the odds are that the Heavy Bolter arch militant/Devastator is gonna get at least one RF every time he rolls under 10 on his attack roll. Actually a Dark Angels devastator is easily able to get all his hits as long as he rolls under his unmodified BS, just from terrain and range. Meanwhile the guy who is setting up shots, aiming for a full round, just to get the perfect called shot to the dome on some Techpriest? that guy's gonna get righteous fury once every couple of sessions.

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Turtle before the Storm posted:

This is particularly to Liesmith, but what's a good way to bullshit through combat? I'm running a play by post game elsewhere and I don't feel like adding in everyone's tokens and trying to make up accurate stats for mooks I just made up out of my head. I'm just bullshitting through attack rolls by the npcs and stuff and just kind of deciding whether I feel like they hit or not based on what I think the most fun would be. Any thoughts? Any rules of thumb?

Right now the party is exploring a derelict warship and they're fighting the survivors of the previous crew, voidsman that turned to heresy. There's no entry in any book it's just some poo poo I made up.

I'd say only do that by the seat of the pants thing for mooks as you say. I'd pick a arbitrary number for their wounds that felt reasonable, you don't want one to burst every time they get hit for one wound, but then again you dont want them not to die. Feel free to gently caress with this number on the fly since it isn't important except that it's nice to have one. Generally with mooks you don't want to skew their resilience up, but if you let every hit kill them they look like pussies, and that makes your players feel like jerks. Throw in some 'real' opponents and use the mooks as sort of glass cannons, like 4e D&D does with minions only maybe a little tougher. The mooks are there to distract from the pirate captain or eldar farseer or whoever you are really trying to kill. When he dies they all go berserk, or surrender, or run away.

As far as whether they hit: they hit when your players are all shooting at the Ork Nob or whoever, because they are there to punish your players if the players ignore them, and to allow the Nob to rampage a bit if the players try to thin out his followers. If your players are focusing on wiping them out, then they are gonna miss a lot more, and when they hit it's gonna be absorbed by armor most of the time, because if they had high damage output it would take away from the Nob's menace.

EDIT: the only real way to gently caress up here is to make it too obvious that you are faking the fight. And even that isn't so bad although some people get hyper mad about it. Try not to make the change in their effectiveness too obvious, roll all the time even if you don't use the numbers, and keep any critical hits and jams the monsters roll unless it would ruin the fight. Not righteous furies or anything, but if a guy unloads on the whole party with a heavy bolter and gets ten successes, run with it. spread the damage out among the party to make everyone feel like this mook is a threat.

Liesmith fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Apr 11, 2012

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

TheKingslayer posted:

So, how outrageous would it be for a Kill-Team to face a Warboss carrying a daemon weapon?

The reason I'm thinking about this, is that the group is trying to force out Orks who have set up shop in a dark Eldar experiment facility.after running them out years ago. All the war trophies were left and a daemon weapon was one of them. The boss thought it looked dead killy and took it as his own. I planned to generate a random one.

make it something they can wield. maybe a corrupted chapter treasure! That way one of your party will want to keep it for themselves.

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
If, when you make it clear that it is a daemon weapon, you can have a bunch of the deathwatch bros want to get rid of it. then the whole chapter whose treasure it is can say "no its ours stay out of our business" and now you've got some inter-chapter friction. The daemon weapon doesn't even have to be that big of a deal in that case, although of course it can be

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Hostile Acquisitions even has an eldar grav platform for all your eldar artillery needs

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Solus posted:

On another topic. I'm probably taking the augmenticist alternate rank next rank. There is a Disturbing Voice talent I can take. For reference my Void Master is a Toughness and Strength 45 Brick Shithouse of a man who's permanently bald and has been burnt on 90% of his body because the parties priest decided to set him and the dude he's grappling on fire because he knew I could shrug any serious damage off and the other guy would get hosed up.

MY GM has ruled that if I take that I can turn the effect on and off at will. Should I go for some reverberating, gravelly Tom Waits type thing. Or something like this

I think you should go with whatever you like. If I was to make a magos/explorator with a disturbing voice, it would be like SHODAN's, a chorus of robotic-yet still essentially human- voices, like that of the Omnissiah himself. And I would never turn it off. I dunno about a pilot, but if he identified the ship as an extension of himself then you could do the whole "Look at you, Hacker. panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?" thing, which is cool

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
stick one of those kazoo things with the piece of paper that rolls out when you blow into it in his mouth. You know what im talking about

ooh ooh someone make an animated gif of one rolling in and out from his gun barrel

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Are there people who play an entire Crusade, from flying into a sector facing resistance in space, to landing an army of guardsmen, space marines, and titans on a contested world, all the way down to playing out skirmishes with normal warhammer rules? It seems like the kind of thing Epic and BFG were designed for but it also seems like the kind of thing you'd need to devote weeks of your life to.

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Playing a campaign that starts with heretics + genestealers vs. low end IG PDF forces, engulfs the planet(s) in a subsector, then the Navy and the Hive Fleet show up and duke it out in space. This leading to a protracted war with an army of millions, backed up by maybe a space marine chapter or Adeptus Titanicus based in the area, VS everything a well fed Hive Fleet can throw at them, where the tyranid player gets to add points to his army every time he wins a battle or takes a city

this is a really cool thing in my head

then you could play a dark heresy game set in that subsector. A hardcore warham could use his war torn subsector as the background for all kinds of adventures at all kinds of levels

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

S.J. posted:

Hell you could even throw a few sessions of Deathwatch in there for particularly important actions during the campaign. That would be amazing.

yessssss

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

MaliciousOnion posted:

But Auto-Stabilized lets you fire Heavy weapons without bracing.

yeah autostabilized is just bulging biceps but it's attached to the weapon and not the firer

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Rigged Death Trap posted:

You could go the better way and get cybernetics instead of spending XP.

Or just buy yourself a harness.

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Yoshimo posted:

Apparently Space Marines can survive in space without a helmet on.

yeah but they gotta hibernate if they are out there too long

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Talkie Toaster posted:

I wonder if they've come up with a pointless justification for it like the 'Sergeants have tiny refractor fields instead of helmets' thing.

they have some organ that produces oxygen for them for a while I think

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Riso posted:

Guys guys there's a precedence for this:

Blood Raven chapter master/librarian dedicated to Khorne.

He says he's devoted to Khorne but what are the odds he isn't full of poo poo? I'd say pretty low.

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

TheKingslayer posted:

I don't see why you couldn't do both. The Watch Captain assigns them to the area with regular supply drops and tells them to root out heresy/potential alien involvement. They could get handed missions based on the information they gather or actions they take.

My Deathwatch group went toe to toe with a Warboss tonight and it was about where I thought it would be. Dangerous enough that they got worried but not so much they were going to get totally smashed. The Dev had his guts sliced open and half of his foot cut off. Now they are unwittingly in possession (pun) of a daemon weapon.

I'm not quite sure where to take the next game. They are now aware of the conflict between their current enemy, Dark Eldar and a warband of Chaos Marines.

Which chapter ended up with the daemon relic? How did that part turn out?

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Diplomaticus posted:

Do any of the books from any of the power brackets have stats for Tau weapons (suits/warriors, not kroot don't give a gently caress about a kroot).

You can get some dece pulse weapons from Into the Storm's armory, and the base deathwatch game has some taus

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Mazed posted:

Naw. Necrons having personalities is the biggest new thing. And I really want to use them now if I get around to running Deathwatch myself.

I know that the Jericho Reach has a gigantic Tyranid thing going on, but I just can't find anything compelling there. They exist to kill/get killed by. Coming up with combat strategies for taking them out is fine a few times, but they're just so damned tedious.

use them to gently caress with other groups. They are good for interrupting your fight with a tau or rebel guardsmen group or w/e

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

CommissarMega posted:

Holy poo poo that's awesome. That being said, isn't it generally (though begrudgingly) accepted among Imperial bigwigs that the Space Marines don't worship the Emperor (with the exception of the Red Scorpions)? Why would Basillius throw a fit like that? Not even the most hardcore Amalathian would do such a thing.

Many of the ecclesiarchy have managed to explain away space marine traditions. It helps that a lot of them venerate their primarch and the emperor made the primarchs. It also helps that since space marines are demigod angels, they arent necessarily so far below the emperor and so their more casual attitude towards him is maybe acceptable among his sons. What helps most of all though is that chapter religions are super secret and even the inquisition doesnt know what they get up to. Most people are totally ignorant.

If you are a guy who spends a couple centuries stamping out heresy and becoming a saint, and you think of space marines as just nonboobmarine sororitas, then you meet some and its gonna be a shock. Its not out of th equestion that you will try to stamp out their heresy, although by doing so the odds of your getting murdered by any number of imperial agencies will skyrocket

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

CommissarMega posted:

Phokulozortis only lacks open power, though. Miss Slaanesh 40,000 in the Vortex is practically locked in there, her entire 'universe' being all that she can perceive. This dude however, has tendrils all over Imperial space thanks to his work. Hell, you might say he could be doing a better job than most; the =I= goes after big time daemonologists, not the crazy hobo with the Ladybird Book of Daemon Summoning.

whoa, I just had a cool thought because of this. imagine a daemon prince reigning over a distributed sorcerer network of incredibly weak, barely awakened psykers, but it's like a folding@home thing where all that unused psychic potential is being harnessed. Maybe there's a cult that put something in the water supply of a whole agriworld six thousand years ago, and that contaminant keeps getting renewed by the people who live there because of bureaucratic inertia. The contaminant is not major enough to get picked up by those who watch for such things, and now the world's produce goes to a hundred planets. That tiny contaminant is inert in nonpsykers, and in actual grownup psykers with an actual psy rating it's totally blown out and has no effect. but it latches on to the really marginal cases and actually helps them out, curing their weirdness so that they merge nicely into imperial society. A whole sector has been pretty demon free for pretty much all of history as a result. meanwhile the incredibly minor psychic potential that they aren't tapping is fueling a warpstorm that has been hiding something important for all that time.

That could be a cool rear end thing to have to investigate. Maybe your inquisitor is curious as to why this sector has been so abnormally free of evil for so long. Maybe your rogue trader ship picked up some rations on the agriworld and they immediately settled down the subdeck mutants, and your guy is smart enough to say hmm...

or maybe a deathwatch/black crusade team is after what's inside that warpstorm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liesmith
Jan 29, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Yeah shooting a navigator is not really justifiable in character, and obviously inter-party conflict should never happen unless all parties are willing, otherwise the arch militant or the ork completely controls the flow of the game and also no one has any fun at all and you lose friends. but more importantly your ship is now adrift and incapable of making its way through the warp. Hope you have enough cryochambers for everyone because this ship is gonna take a couple of centuries before the degenerate tribals that your crew will become can manage to bring it back to port.