Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Not sure if this is the right thread, but anybody have any hilarious/terrifying overclocking inicidents? I have an ATI video card(5550 series, kind of a rare version with the 1GB Vram), which I set to auto-overclock, saw it was going to take a while, and went to eat dinner.

Came back to find it at around 760 Mhz and rising(from a 500 clock). Oh and the temperature was 101C. :supaburn:

Turns out the fan had failed in the middle of the overclock. I ran it passively cooled at the minimal clock until I could get a new fan. And by that I mean I screwed a large case fan into the heatsink's fins. I would've done it right with proper parts but :effort:. It works great and rock solid today at 800 Mhz though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU