Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
I've got a Asus Maximums XII Formula, 10900k, and 16GB (2x8) G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 4600 (F4-4600C18D-16GTZR) and trying to squeeze the most out of it. Seems stable in benchmarks and gaming but I haven't been able to run the RAM at full speed, 4200 is the fastest I've been able to get without crashes. CPU temps have been great.

How do I run this RAM at full speed? If I wanted to get another 16GB kit am I able to run 4x8GB @ 4600 or is the faster RAM speeds only when you have 2 sticks installed? I know I probably won't even notice the difference in memory speed but eh what not try and go for it.

BIOS settings as follows (anything not listed is default/auto):
  • Ai Overclock Tuner: XMP II
  • XMP: XMP DDR4-4608 18-22-22-42
  • Asus MultiCore Enhancement: Enabled - Remove All Limits
  • AVX Instruction Core Ratio Negative Offset: 0
  • ALL-Core Ratio Limit: 52
  • DRAM Frequency: DDR4-4200
  • Min. CPU Cache Ratio: 47
  • Max CPU Cache Ratio: 47
  • CPU Core/Cache Voltage: Manual
  • CPU Core Voltage Override: 1.340
  • DRAM Voltage: 1.45V
  • CPU VCCIO Voltage: 1.300
  • CPU System Agent Voltage: 1.300
  • CPU Load-line Calibration: Level 7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

VelociBacon posted:

AFAIK adding 2 more sticks won't do anything that would allow your current ones to run at faster speeds than is stable currently and I'm not even sure that quad channel would be supported. Have you tried running it in XMP I (not II) at 4600?

Sorry this isn't about the RAM but from those settings I would think that your system is never downclocking/volting. Pretty sure with the ASUS mobos and manual voltage even with normal c-states it won't let it idle. Might be worth checking.

I tried running XMP I but wasn't able to find any stable configuration, seemed like BSODs on boot no matter what I tried.

For the downclocking it seems like that is happening from what I see in hwinfo: