Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goon Matchmaker
Oct 23, 2003

I play too much EVE-Online

HalloKitty posted:

You don't remember the 3.8GHz Prescotts? If you wanted to heat the earth and murder the VRMs on your board, you too could have 4GHz, years ago!

Well... until your motherboard melted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goon Matchmaker
Oct 23, 2003

Shaocaholica posted:

Aren't a majority of overclockers already pretty acclimated now to delidding and direct die cooling? Wouldn't that put Haswell on par if not better than IVB?

I'm pretty sure haswell brought back the soldered on heatsink after the ivy bridge paste debacle.

Goon Matchmaker
Oct 23, 2003

Factory Factory posted:

That's a lotta watts.

Personally, I had fun with Asus AI Suite trying to set my BCLK to -66.5 MHz earlier today.

Did anything fun happen or did it just not boot?

Goon Matchmaker
Oct 23, 2003

Factory Factory posted:

I've got a hell of an underclock. :kamina:

No. Your processor is actually unprocessing stuff. Or travelling back in time...

Goon Matchmaker
Oct 23, 2003

Michymech posted:

Would you like to know more?

Yes... Yes I would. Is that a haswell?