Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3
I got my EVGA 560ti 448 Classified (not the Ultra, welp) up to 900Mhz on stock voltage, no artifacts. I could try to squeeze out some more, but I'm not sure how far to go and I don't want to have to change voltage.

This is a pretty sweet little card, but it does run a bit hot and loud with its non-reference cooling. To anybody else running this card, I'd recommend adding a side intake case fan (if you have the space.) Since adding the side fan to my case, the GPU hasn't gone over 70C under load.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

Recently downloaded the most recent EVGA Precision X build and it also reset my overclock to stock. I had a similar reaction to FF, haha.

edit: previous problem solved.

betterinsodapop fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Apr 15, 2012

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

I feel like my VCore is a bit high. I have an i2500k on an ASUS P8P67 REV 3.1 mobo, clocked to 4.2Ghz. At time it's hitting 1.32, at times. Should I be alarmed?
When I OC'ed, I did nothing more than the :effort: of "turbo by all cores 42X" and disabling PLL overvolting. I know the "safe" limit is 1.37, but I feel like I shouldn't even be coming close to that.

From da OP:

Factory Factory posted:

Be sure to enable all of your VRM phases. By default, motherboards will operate their VRMs to mimic the 4+1 phase Intel reference design.
I'm using an ASUS P8P67 REV 3.1, which seems to have 12+1 VRM and cannot figure if I need to do this, and if so how. Is this something I can do from UEFI, or do I need to install the dreaded AI Suite II?

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

Aha! I'm going to switch to Optimized and use the T.Probe, if it isn't already set up that way by default.

I've heard some BAD things about AI Suite, which was why I was hoping to avoid it. Glad I should be able to do this from UEFI.

You guys are the best.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

chippy posted:

I want to know how people are getting temps like this :( I hit 65 at stock settings on my 3750K with a 212 Evo, and I don't seem to be the only one.
Ambient temperatures can create a big difference in temps, idle or under load. Maybe your room is just hotter?