Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

I have a i5-2500K in a Asus P8P67 Rev 3.1 board.

The BCLK is set to 100.0 MHz and I upped the multiplier to 45. When stress testing in Prime 95, CPU-Z indicates that it ramps up to 4.5 GHz (from 1.6 at idle), and will run stably for hours.

My question is - should I bother disabling Turbo Boost? It seems that the the motherboard recognizes the manual overclock and won't boost it up to 5.9 GHz (which is where the Turbo multiplier of 59 would put it at).

I'm perfectly fine with it idling lower, I just wouldn't want it going above what I set it to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Cool. Thanks for the response. So, I don't need to change any other settings then?

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

I have a Hyper 212 Plus on my 2500K in a Fractal R3 and my computer is virtually silent at idle. However, the CPU cooler gets a little loud for my taste under load. I'd like to replace the 120mm on the Hyper 212.

I know there's some recommended fans in the OP, but there is a general consensus on the best (quiestest) 120mm PWM fan?