Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Miley Virus posted:

With Prime95 testing, is it best to make sure that everything's good under Small FFT or just Blend?

I thought I read it here, but maybe it was in another thread: the latest versions of Prime95 are not recommended to be used anymore, as it actually pushes the chips into dangerous territories now. Anyone else recall this?

EDIT: I think it might have been Linus Tech Tips, so... But I found this: http://www.overclock.net/t/1510388/haswell-e-overclock-leaderboard-owners-club/2390#post_22900116

LampkinsMateSteve fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Oct 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

GokieKS posted:

I mentioned this literally 2 posts ago

Christ, and I even did check a couple pages. I guess it was the technical details that I wasn't aware of, and it wasn't really warning against using the program, so I probably just glazed over a bit. Sorry.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I think this thread being dormant for nearly a year maybe answers that. I know very little, but I feel I've heard the gains are not really there for this generation. And that chip is crazy power-hungry and hot as stock. What cooler do you have, out of interest?