Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005
I have the settings in my BIOS in AITweaker and Advanced to OC to 4.5 GHz and I have the feature for idling enabled to reduce the multiplier. However, when I boot to the OS and run Prime95 and the IntelBurnTest, my CPU isn't jumping up during the testing. It just sits there at 3.30 GHz.

Also, my BIOS settings are a bit different from what I'm seeing on the walk-throughs etc.. for example, my Load Line Calibration setting doesn't have the settings they mention (High/Extreme) it just has Auto, Enable and Disable.

[edit] Resolved the issue, left the CPU Ratio in CPU Power Management to Auto and not 45.

I was able to run the Standard Intel Burn Test and the Very High Intel Burn Test and the highest CPU Temp was the third core reaching 71-73*C and the other cores fluctuating between 68-70*C.

Do these temperatures seem reasonable or should I dial it back because I don't necessarily want to be riding "the wall."

theSpokeyDokey fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Apr 5, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU