Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It was thanks to the old thread that I had no trouble with overclocking. Now for some sort of futuristic dusting system, as this monster attracts more dust than a swiffer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Did I overclock too much if it causes the computer to lock up? I am near that limit using MSI Afterburner and the BIOS to overclock my CPU and GPU.
It didn't seem like much, but there was a noticeable improvement.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Can I get an explanation on what this all means? The instructions tell me nothing specific and I think it isn't working correctly using BOINC. I do know that any higher settings with offsets will cause instability.

edit: Thanks for that. I set the power to 123%. I will see if that makes a difference. The voltage is just under 1000mV in any case. Still in the green.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Sep 23, 2012

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Is it normal for the card to not be always operating at full during games? It tends to be stuck on 300+MHZ and flipping to 900+ when stuff occurs. The frame rates do seem consistent at ~60 for 30% or 90%. The card also never hits 50 degrees.
It has a frame rate target from 25 to 120. I have it set to 120.

I had it off until yesterday.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Sep 25, 2012