Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
treeboy
Nov 13, 2004

James T. Kirk was a great man, but that was another life.
i haven't seen any Giants threads popping up so i figure this is the catchall thread, but all this talk of figures made me feel like posting this

http://www.thehdroom.com/news/Skylanders-Giants-Exclusive-Employee-Edition-Prism-Break-is-Silver-and-Gold/11836

i have two. Now I am awesome on the internet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treeboy
Nov 13, 2004

SWAP Force the new game coming out this fall will require a new portal because of the tech they're introducing.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/02/19/skylanders-swap-force-will-require-a-new-portal.aspx

treeboy
Nov 13, 2004

grabbed a Grilla Drilla and Fire Kraken at TRU this morning. They weren't in huge supply (I saw maybe 6-10 of each 2nd phase character go out the door).

treeboy
Nov 13, 2004

5er posted:

I grabbed Grilla, and that scorpion looking normal character per emphatic request of my son. I passed on the others for the time being because they had affixes I could do without... and I pretty much want to leave a few out to get him for Christmas. I'll probably cave in and get Fire Kraken later because he's pretty cool looking.

both are very cool looking, but I'm biased...

I can't wait for Freeze Blade and Punk Shock to come out and see how much people like them

treeboy
Nov 13, 2004

Cesaro posted:

Definitely the sleeper game on the system right now for people who like platformers. It's quite meaty in the same way AC4 is.

this made my day, thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treeboy
Nov 13, 2004

A Yolo Wizard posted:

To have every element and swap ability, you would need 6 more swap force figures.

Rattle Shake
Magna Charge
Free Ranger
Hoot Loop
Stink Bomb
Rubble Rouser

Stink Bomb and Rubble Rouser are supposed to be unavailable until the 29th at TRU, but people are finding them at walmart (and they will match TRU's b1g1 40% deal atm).

The movement abilities are only for minigames though.

A potential replacement for Rubble Rouser is Grilla Drilla if you're looking for a Digger swap ability if element isn't as big a deal (or if you have toys from previous games).

There are two characters of each swap ability, and two swappers for each element, but there are no duplicates of element+swap ability.

• Locked thread