Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Grozz Nuy posted:

I've never played Minecraftm but if he's willing to use all his newfound fortune to give me a Double Fine adventure game and a Psychonauts sequel, then I really don't give a gently caress about what happened with his own game.

Yeah basically. I don't care if Psychonauts is funded with Nazi gold as long as it happens.* And I'm thrilled that this adventure game dealio is happening as well.

*I would probably be slightly bothered by a Nazi gold funded game, but if it was Psychonauts 2 I would still buy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

big duck equals goose posted:

They should make another Laura Bow game and you can die a bunch of horrible deaths in it. Oh, wait, Tim didn't make that. He made a bunch of pussy baby adventure games where you can't lose.

Being able to die because you play badly is a good thing. Being able to die arbitrarily because you decided to walk into a certain room at a certain time is bad. Laura Bow has the bad kind of being able to die.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Lots of People posted:

Bunch of stuff about Chris Avellone and Planescape Torment 2 or whatever other RPG

This is a thing to which I would contribute some money because that was my favourite game for the longest time.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Argh! $70 more, huh? (Well, 80 for me.)

I mean, I already have too many shirts, but that's one video gaming related shirt that would actually be a cool thing to have.

EDIT: Also, 2.5 has now been reached. Guess a few other people already reevaluated their backer level.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

The Doublefine Adventure theme song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8piMHsOya4

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Al! posted:

If you want some examples of a truly original plot, Tim, check out my story at sonicfanfiction.net/a_tail_of_two_sonics.txt

I was genuinely disappointed that link didn't work.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

My loot just arrived, huzzah! Gonna wear that shirt every day for a month or so.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I haven't bothered to watch a single documentary episode because I am paranoid that it will spoil some element of the game for me, but even if I never get a game or it comes out when I'm 50, I have the shirt and I'm pretty much happy with that.

Also I more or less took the attitude with Kickstarter that I was throwing money at people who had cool ideas that I wanted to encourage, and a couple of months or years later I might unexpectedly get a free game but if not that's cool, which is why I'm not really bummed about backing the Ouya, for example.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Megazver posted:

If you've seen the game trailer they released recently, you're already as spoiled as the documentary will get you. You should watch it, it's pretty great.

I haven't watched that I don't think.

Also my internet is relatively terrible. So.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Huh, Massive Chalice looks a fair bit cooler than I expected. Will wait until it's actually out though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Day of the Tentacle is the best graphic adventure game ever, FYI.

• Locked thread