Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Never bring a duck to a cock fight.
Oh man... Those visuals. No matter what this game is gonna look amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
I really don't see where most of the complaining comes from. It seems like a reasonable strategy to get the game they want out instead of having to compromise. Seems like a win-win to me.

I've heard a few people say this move is "scummy" and I just don't see it. What about this is anything less than above board and in the best interest of the project and the backers?

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Watching Peter McConnell work out some music for that scene at the end was amazing. I love this documentary so much.

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
I loved watching Peter McConnell rocking out to the orchestra. LOVED IT.

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
It was pretty brutal, but from what we see of Maerik (who knows how the hell to spell it), it seemed like Tim was 100% right.

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
He was part of the team that got laid off last month.

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
I believe the lead programmer is Oliver Franzke who was only in this episode briefly but really ratcheted up the German-ness by adding colored dress socks and Birkenstocks to his ensemble. Along with his already very German-looking jacket, I think he's finally achieved peak-German.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Two things of note from this, the last episode:

1. Tim briefly mentions Spacebase. "Here's a hint, go buy someone else's games." I laughed out loud at that line.

2. The mention Day of the Tentacle a couple of times. I had forgotten about this and now I can't wait.

The rest is mostly self congratulation/flagellation (mostly the former), people saying goodbye and getting misty about moving on. Nothing essential, but it was a nice capper for the rest of the series, which I enjoyed far more than the game, and I liked the game.

• Locked thread