Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I've been waiting for the physical cards to drop to really dive into this more than a skim of spoilers.

Gonna head out to WM night and pick up my Circle Deck and BB tonight at the FLGS, sounds like I'm gonna have a really bad time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Red Hood posted:

Here's what I've come up with so far. Sadly, I dont think I can get Ol' Rowdy or Ace in here because I'm stuck with a Firefly and 2 Lancers.

Why are you stuck with a second Lancer? Personally, I'd much rather take a Charger rather than a second Lancer.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Well, hopefully the issues are limited to Alliance and everyone gets their stuff in a timelyish fashion. Happy hunting people.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
I heard from my local shop that they'll be getting their full order (4x everything) because Alliance got a new local sales rep and the store manager played hardball, threatening to drop Alliance due to previous history of missed shipping, bad quality, bad customer service, etc.

From one of the guys in the shop during a phone call to the rep apparently it got pretty heated and this guy vented about 2 years of frustrations with the previous rep onto the new one and left him with the ultimatum "either we get this order or this is the last call your company will make on this shop."

We're all very happy with our new store manager. Dude's even got his P&L in the black for 3 solid months.

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

AnElegantPeacock posted:

The game is ruined, I'm going to eBay all my models, everything sucks, Privateer Press is turning into Gamesworkshop.

No wait, poo poo, that was when cavalry was announced, or epic casters, or battle engines, or colossals.

They're fine. The games core is still intact and that's what I like about it. They've only been available for 2 week we will have to see how poo poo shakes out.

I haven't played since Mk. 1. I recently started picking up Mk. 2, a couple weeks before, unbeknownst to me, that Mk. 3 would drop. Just didn't know how out of the water I would be or if Mk. 3 made it any more infantry/cavalry machine.

Is Runes of War still good? That's the list I bought for Mk. 3.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

With the huge increase in battlegroup bonus points you simply can't bring as much infantry/cavalry as you could in MK2. There's also a lot more straight up infantry hate. Early on at least there's going to be a lot of jacks and beasts running around.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I hate that you need the new casters for jouneyman. I am holding out for the 2 player with my buddy so we can get the 'free" infantry units.

Since I have the preorder in at that shop, i wonder if they would let me proxy Xekaar

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

waah posted:

I hate that you need the new casters for jouneyman. I am holding out for the 2 player with my buddy so we can get the 'free" infantry units.

Since I have the preorder in at that shop, i wonder if they would let me proxy Xekaar

Has there been any news on when they're going to release them separately yet?

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

Iron Crowned posted:

Has there been any news on when they're going to release them separately yet?

it took about a year last time, would be unsurprised if the same timeframe was true here.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

Noam Chomsky posted:

I haven't played since Mk. 1. I recently started picking up Mk. 2, a couple weeks before, unbeknownst to me, that Mk. 3 would drop. Just didn't know how out of the water I would be or if Mk. 3 made it any more infantry/cavalry machine.

Is Runes of War still good? That's the list I bought for Mk. 3.

Runes doesn't exist anymore :v:

That was a tier list, and tier lists don't exist in MK3 yet, they'll be released later this year.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

Alpha Phoenix posted:

Runes doesn't exist anymore :v:

That was a tier list, and tier lists don't exist in MK3 yet, they'll be released later this year.

They're gonna be released next year, command books are in december.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Our ACD guy told us the battlegroups should be back in stock within probably a week or two. I assume that could be the same for the cards but I'm not sure.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

My store got a full box of loose cards to give to people with purchase of older MK2 models. It has the equivalent of 2 boxes of each of the card sets.

Since the warmachine wall isn't fully stocked, they're gonna replace cards and sell the extras for 25c ea.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Alpha Phoenix posted:

My store got a full box of loose cards to give to people with purchase of older MK2 models. It has the equivalent of 2 boxes of each of the card sets.

Since the warmachine wall isn't fully stocked, they're gonna replace cards and sell the extras for 25c ea.

Yeah, those replacement cards came with the release kits that had 4 of each BB.

So far one store in my area successfully got their MK3 order fulfilled from ACD. The biggest store said that their order should arrive tomorrow, although he is going to check with his distributor today to ensure that his order got fulfilled.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Alpha Phoenix posted:

Yeah praise be for this, btw. There are a couple random items I have more of than the cards but gently caress it whatever.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

koreban posted:

I heard from my local shop that they'll be getting their full order (4x everything) because Alliance got a new local sales rep and the store manager played hardball, threatening to drop Alliance due to previous history of missed shipping, bad quality, bad customer service, etc.

From one of the guys in the shop during a phone call to the rep apparently it got pretty heated and this guy vented about 2 years of frustrations with the previous rep onto the new one and left him with the ultimatum "either we get this order or this is the last call your company will make on this shop."

We're all very happy with our new store manager. Dude's even got his P&L in the black for 3 solid months.

My local hobby shop is off my poo poo list, since they actually got my pre-order in without a hitch. I don't think he actually got any other starters in yet though, meaning the journeyman is going to be very interesting if it actually starts next weekend.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
I'm really impressed with the battleboxes. Amazing value. A proper rule book and plastic tokens was unexpected. lovely tape measure though but it feels churlish to complain

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
My LGS got the big fancy kit with 4 of each box, demo table, etc. And they ordered two more of each faction's box as well, :lol:. Definitely overkill but I think a ton are going to sell at our release event this Saturday.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Looks like despite dire warnings we got our Alliance pre-orders.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

My store got 2 of each deck. 2 of the warmachine bbs, 1 of each Hoards bb, but no skrone one.

Demon Hunter
Jul 18, 2005

Saalkin posted:

My store got 2 of each deck. 2 of the warmachine bbs, 1 of each Hoards bb, but no skrone one.

The owner is a smart man, ain't nobody need an 8th Savage.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Or a first raider.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Warmachine & Hordes: MK3: Out of Stock

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

Saalkin posted:

Working as intended.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I'm probably gonna pick up the Hordes 2p box pretty much regardless, it's too good of a deal to pass up. Only thing I don't want out of there is the savage but I'm still willing to play some lists with 3-4 savages to see if it's fun.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

S.J. posted:

I'm probably gonna pick up the Hordes 2p box pretty much regardless, it's too good of a deal to pass up.

I'm retiring my Skorne for a while and I STILL am going to pick up the 2p box. It's that good of a deal.

I'm also ready to run my 4-axer skew against your 4-savage skew. :getin:

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Alpha Phoenix posted:

I'm retiring my Skorne for a while and I STILL am going to pick up the 2p box. It's that good of a deal.

I'm kind of tempted to just dump all of my old factions and only have Ret, partially to force myself to play a single faction instead of jumping back and forth between factions all the time

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

When I dip into Skorne I definitely wanna try Naaresh with a few Savages. POW 16 (18 with Beast Handlers) with Future Sight as an option on feat turn sounds lovely.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Alpha Phoenix posted:

Let's fuckin' go :getin:

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I would like to subscribe to your adventures in Savage spam.

I'll grab the starter if I can play a fun Cyclops spam list. I generally don't care for spam lists but maybe MKIII will be different. Who knows!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

GoodBee posted:

I would like to subscribe to your adventures in Savage spam.

I'll grab the starter if I can play a fun Cyclops spam list. I generally don't care for spam lists but maybe MKIII will be different. Who knows!

I'll only have 3 or 4 so it's hardly spam. But I do wanna try it out with Morghoul 1, Naaresh, and Makeda 3.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

This model is so cool :hellyeah:

Not sure why he has a frog's face sculpted in his hammer, but ok?!?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Fyrbrand posted:

Not sure I would have ever noticed that if you hadn't pointed it out. Now I can never take the frog hammer seriously!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Fyrbrand posted:

He just wants everybody to stop complaining about miniature games :smith:

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Fyrbrand posted:

He's obviously a fan of :frogout:

Mr.Booger
Nov 13, 2004
Our store got everything in except troll faction decks, we only got 2 of those and 6 extra Skorne ones, so assuming it was a mixup there. aside from that all came in okay yesterday. All sorted and put in inventory, with preorders set aside. was alot of stuff.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

S.J. posted:

I'm probably gonna pick up the Hordes 2p box pretty much regardless, it's too good of a deal to pass up. Only thing I don't want out of there is the savage but I'm still willing to play some lists with 3-4 savages to see if it's fun.

I have been looking at trying to find a Cyclops spam list. I have narrowed it down to either trying it with X2 or Hex 1 (lol)

A bunch of savages that already have future sight and the ability to modify rolls even more seems hilarious.

And for Hex1, I figure hilarious things could happen on feat turn with a bunch of savages being able to kill off targets that might actually be good in melee.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

X2 having mobility kills my desire to play him.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Warmachine & Hordes MK3: Despite the hype, I didn't preorder and now I'm mad I don't have models.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El_Pato
Dec 27, 2007

S.J. posted:

X2 having mobility kills my desire to play him.

This seems backwards. What's wrong with mobility? Needing to recast it every turn? Cost 3? Zero X2 experience so legitimately curious.

• Locked thread