Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Desiree Cousteau posted:

Speaking of HP Lovecraft, I had a calamari soup once that was disturbing. It had tiny little squid that were in these contorted poses poking up through an opaque milk chowder sort of soup. made me want to run my steam ship through them all, damned hell-cephalopods

I had those in some sort of mixed seafood fra diavolo thing. It was delicious, and had the additional bonus of freaking my sister out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Desiree Cousteau posted:

bleu (blau?) cheese

Blue.

I should make a risotto soon. I have dried porcini mushrooms and garlic and I can think of a few other things to put in it. Probably rosemary.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Dane posted:

Just imagine those people trying to learn Danish. It'll put a smile on your fjæs.

Rødgrød med fløde? :haw:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

German cookies are better than Girl Scout cookies.

e: All German cookies

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I feel bad for people who are so gung-ho about meat that they couldn't appreciate some good goddamn food without it.

I would eat a dino food.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Nobody has stuck their dick in something unsavory (or had something unsavory stuck in them) lately.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

sweat poteto posted:

Next thing you'll be making chip butties and it's all over my friend.

I just can't take a country that eats something called a "chip butty" seriously

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I make channa dal with Dino's recipe and it is the tastiest Indian foodthing I make.

what I am saying is he must be some kind of a wizard.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

therattle posted:

Who believes HH only became this way (depraved, filthy) because of GWS? Bueller? Bueller?

I assumed based on my limited personal experience that all Scandinavians are depraved perverts.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I'm not sure how I would feel if a woman shouted at me in German during sex.

Just picturing going at it and all of a sudden :byodame: SCHNELL! SCHNELL!

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I'd get your kid tested, Mr. Hat. You never know what might be on a strange false willy in the wilderness. :ohdear:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Yeah I kind of wish my copy was signed now :3:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Someone's fursona is that of a duck.

Feathersona :pseudo:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Is that Trophy? I love Trophy. Everyone loves Trophy. :3:

venus de lmao fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jun 24, 2012

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

That is a very pretty kitty. :3:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Chemmy posted:

I don't even know what a can of lunch meat is. Thankfully this lady was kind enough to explain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx7oy4krOdc

The preview image looks like Richard Ayoade in drag.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I've got to keep an eye on the lead inspection people who are coming tomorrow because apparently lead/asbestos abatement people are usually ex-cons.

No sir, there's no problem, just following you around to make sure you don't try to jack my poo poo.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

When my uncle got married, it was in a protestant church of some stripe. Now, my grandparents are Catholic. Many of my aunts and uncles are Catholic. Nobody cared because it was a very touching ceremony and the reception had an open bar and all manner of delicious goodies. Brie en croûte. Brownies. Various meat things. Jesus wept, it was magical.

There was also champagne and the most incredible cake, made up to look like a beach with surfboards on it. My uncle makes surfboards. :3:

Also, the priest was a lady. She was cute.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

CuddleChunks posted:

Hmm, looks like you got a serious pork fat deficiency. Fortunately, I got the part you need right here.

Dr. Sausage - making house calls.

I knew my life was missing something. Now I know. It's a Wurstkoffer™.

That slogan at the bottom means "German sausage. Everything else is cheese." Germans, man. :wtc:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Churchill was quoted as saying that the best martini was a glass of gin, raised in the direction of France. Or something like that.

He was wrong about martinis too.

I've been given a crock pot by a friend. I have no idea if it even works. Is there a way to test if it'll get up to the proper temperatures without ruining, say, a whole brisket in the event that it doesn't?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

DekeThornton posted:

Wouldn't just heating some water in it be sufficient to be able to test the temperature, assuming you have a thermometer handy.

I suppose that'd work. Now to look up what temperature each setting is supposed to be.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Wroughtirony posted:

hey guys I bought steaks from the sketchy meat truck!!

Don't die :ohdear:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

mindphlux posted:

so I've been with this girl 4 years today. for our 'anniversary', she gifted me/us this fuckin awesome picnic tote thing, filled with a bunch of expensive stinky rear end cheese, pate, cured meats, baguette from an awesome bakery, and other stuff. complete with a bottle of champagne, a bottle of sauternes, and sparkling water.

think I've found a keeper GWS, think I've found a keeper.

http://www.picnicworld.net/picnic-bags-318280.html

Yeah sounds like you should hang on to that one.

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Good luck! Break a leg!

So anyway I picked up a front loader washing machine and these things are totes awesome. Gonna have to get a modern dryer at some point this winter, too, I think.

You know what the best thing about front-loaders is? They don't walk away from the loving wall if they're off balance. Because they can't be off balance.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Steakandchips posted:

Yeah but front loaders are terrible for the last sock you forgot to throw in.

Full disclosure: I have a frontloader.

I just put that sock in the next load because I'm almost always doing at least two loads because I am a terrible procrastinator.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

bartolimu posted:

Tu pastor tiene demasiado queso.

Nice beets. I bought another 25 pounds for $12 because I can't loving resist those prices.

I posted my borscht recipe for the throwdown, and I've been pretty happy with it. The basics:
- Start with oxtail or beef shank.
- Go heavy on the initial sear.
- Cook with beer. Wine is okay, but a decent lager will add a slight hoppy bitterness that plays well with both sweet and sour.
- Spice with allspice, caraway, clove.
- Sourness from sauerkraut (ideal) or a heavy hand with sour cream/yogurt.

It varies a lot by region. Here is an article written by someone of eastern European extraction with a slightly different approach that I'm sure is delicious as well.

I am missing something here. Do you puree the beets? When do they go in?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

GrAviTy84 posted:

Went to the resto to get a sammich with the wifey. Got it and the stoup, but i almost got the salad with the evoo vinaigrette. I bet that would've been delish.

I hate you.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Scientastic posted:

A butty is a very specific type of sandwich and is not even in the same league as "sammich".

I'm not sure I can respect a culture that eats something called a "butty".

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Psalmanazar posted:

Sammich is a 4chan meme. You know, "Go back to the kitchen and make me a sammich"

No, it's not. The word has been around longer than 4chan.

Scientastic posted:

Reading this post, I could almost believe that you've never had a hangover.

I've had precisely one hangover ever and I didn't eat a greasy starch sandwich.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

rj54x posted:

If you've only ever had one hangover, you're doing it wrong.

Or maybe I know how to drink water with my booze so I don't get hungover anymore.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Oh no a handful of pissy lunatic conservatives won't eat at his restaurant anymore :ohdear:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

mindphlux posted:

pretty sure the best sort of flavor you could pair with that poo poo would be 'trashcan'

look at this jerk who eats trashcans

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Googly eyes make everything better, it's true.

edit: Yes, even food. You go stick a couple googly eyes on a steak and tell me that isn't funny.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Lyssavirus posted:

Looking at this post while in a group spawned some terrible, terrible things.

"What is that?" "A beet."
"Someone ought to beet that down!"
"Aw man, you better hope she doesn't drop that beet."
Et cetera.

:suicide:

I linked it to a friend of mine who pointed out that it is, in fact, a phat beet.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Vegetable Melange posted:

Tips on re-sizing photos for ICSA?

Open in GIMP, right-click, Image->Scale Image. :v:

Or you can drop it into imgur and stick a lowercase L on the end of the image filename (i.e. a43gS.jpg -> a43gSl.jpg) and it automatically gives you a scaled down version. I think pasting that URL into an SA post automatically links to the full-sized version, too.

I ran into a random Austrian woman in the restaurant supply store today. Found out my German is still good enough to impress native speakers. :coal:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

mindphlux posted:

is it cheesy to propose in a restaurant

Do it while hiking or something where she'll have absolutely no idea it's coming. Also, secretly recruit someone (her mother, a friend, whatever) to take a picture of the big moment, but only if you're pretty drat sure she'll say yes. The last thing you want is pictures to commemorate an awkward, teary "no".

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Totally depends on the restaurant. If you had ferran adria suspend the ring inside an almond cloud floating above a watermelon mist falling over a bed of shiitake and butternut stones, it would probably be okay.

I got as far as "ferran adria suspend" and pictured him coming down from the ceiling, Mission: Impossible style, to deliver the proposal.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Look at these married chumps spending their lives with someone who loves them.

:smith:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

dino. posted:

It would be nice to have our marriage recognised, and eligible for the benefits, but the way I see it, six years of waking up to the most handsome man in the world, who still loves to get into bed with me every night is a huge benefit whose value I can never underestimate.

You two are an absolutely adorable couple. :3:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Wroughtirony posted:

Oh god.

A few weeks ago I was listening to some interview on NPR with a linguist when some idiot calls in with a question about whether they believe that glossolalia was some sort of subconscious return to a universal human language. I wanted to crawl through my radio and smack a goon.

(that said, it's still one of my favorite novels)

Did the linguist at least shut them down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Kick 'em out.

The only good news I have is I installed a new graphics card.

MSI GeForce GTX 660 Ti Power Edition.

It owns.