Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sewage cheese at the pseudo-farmer's market in Columbus. I tried it one day and it was just...ugh :gonk:. It tasted like sewage smells, I forget what it was called though.

Also ground fleur de sel, phlux. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why haven't I ever gotten one of those then Sub? Well, other than I don't have PMs.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That...doesn't even sound safe or potentially legal. :stare:

Unrelated - Masala Dosa from Trader Joe's are pretty good. Their chili mango popsicles are pretty ehh though.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Casu Marzu posted:

Play videogames while giving it to her.

Use her bajingo in place of hands to play the game.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why do I argue with Dittoheads, it never does any good. It just gives me some free entertainment at the cost of my hope for humanity and the political dialogue of the US.

(Dittohead = fan of Rush Limbaugh.)

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Toast posted:

I just got the terrible news that I'm supposed to have no citrus and minimal tomatoes until the fall. Summer without citrus and tomatoes makes me sad.

Explain yourself, because that's rough.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Happy Hat posted:

No... it sounds like yet another one of your weird american sexual practices...

Paging Squashy. :fap:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vegetable Melange posted:

My roommates are still in bed, sleeping it off and I've already worked out, written stuff, and biked to work. gently caress st paddy.

I worked today, didn't do anything yesterday since I had to be at work at 5:30 AM. At least it was a slow day. Probably everybody recovering from the booze and all.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CzarChasm posted:

Mass production of foodstuffs, (especially livestock) is in general, "a bad thing". It's wasteful for starters, as obviously not all food produced is consumed. I don't know what happens to items past their sell date in most grocery stores, but I imagine that it just gets tossed. And in the case of animals raised for slaughter you have the added bonus of very often inhumane living conditions and shortcuts up, down and sideways that harm the animal and in general return an inferior product.

And that sucks.

Depends on the store. If a grocery store has a prepared foods section, a lot of times then, the fresh produce and meat go into the kitchen to be turned into product/extend shelf life with cooking. After that point, if things don't sell...then they get thrown out. That's what I've seen in my few years of cooking in grocery stores.

And if they have a hot food buffet, then anything that reaches the sell by date that's been cooked can still be served that day on said buffet. That's what we do at least where I work/what Giant Eagle does.

And my Saturday has consisted of not being able to sleep for whatever reason. And then I get to be at work from 3:30-11 tonight. And I work the next 4 days in a row. 6 days straight of work. Then I have Thursday & Friday off this coming week to go to Cleveland to see Rammstein! :black101:

On that note! I asked before, but I forget. Cleveland goon(s)! Any recommendations for food that's open late between the Quicken Loans Arena and NE Lakewood? My friend and I are gonna stay at the Days Inn there cuz it's cheap. And the show starts at 8, and it'll probably go til at least 10:30.

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Apr 28, 2012

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here's hoping things go ok with tiny phummus duder.

On a more upbeat note. Tomorrow, Rammstein happens! Can't wait, seriously.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Happy Hat posted:

Siri is giving me some issues..

She is not really cooperative, now is she?

My wife's name is now interpreted as Maria bring and truck the house...

Speaking of phones. I've joined the modern age, I've got a Droid X2 now. It pleases me.

e - I'm of the 'gently caress smoking' crowd. Not my thing.

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 07:21 on May 25, 2012

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mindphlux posted:

hey now

smoking is fine

just not indoors where there's shitloads of fabric to soak up every last molecule of stale rear end smoke

Nope, gently caress smoking :colbert:. Pipes, cigars, cigarettes at least. :420: I can put up with, and I like hookahs. That's about the extent of my experience.

pnumoman posted:

I'm not sexy enough for that job.

I am :getin:

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 19:25 on May 25, 2012

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I found something the other day. http://www.amazon.com/Ad-Hoc-Home-Thomas-Keller/dp/1579653774/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338176668&sr=8-1 If any of you are looking for ad hoc at home, you can get it for almost half list price off of Amazon. Bouchon & The French Laundry Cookbook are around $30.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drink and Fight posted:

I love you, Happy Hat.

I'd just emptyquote this if I could.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is the week of all that furry poo poo for me in Pittsburgh. I leave Wednesday. I'll miss you guys :3:.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if I remember. Or you can check the youtubes, people post videos. Case in point, this video from 2009 of a guy I know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8FWZ1Kmvzs

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Happy Hat posted:

I do not understand the dressing up as plush toys thing... Please explain it to me!

what, fursuits? *shrug* I couldn't explain it very well.

@mindphlux - what're you willing to pay? ;-*

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mindphlux posted:

I guess that depends on if you are a girl or boy, what race (or animal, or whatever you guys call it) you're cosplaying, how many other people are in the shot, the quality of your fursuit, what the ambience is like, how convincing your dialog is, how the sun glistens off your fur, how drunk I am, how dirty you're willing to talk, what I had for dinner that night, the quality of the pictures/video, if you have HIV/AIDS or not, if you're available, if you've already got children, if you like cilantro, how many times you've flown overseas, if you think depeche mode is a legitimate form of music, what you think of the number 2, how much you weigh, if you like computers, what color your hair is, et cetera

yes is my answer good sir

also, some people just like em Yawg? *shrug* I can't explain it very well

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm back you jerkoffs, did I miss anything other than a grill, HH having a broken kid, and a sexy grill?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I love you Hat :3:. To answer your question, you'd have to ask a plushophile. I can't help you there.

The con was good. Saw friends, played Rock Band, ate good food. Met other people I knew online but had never physically met. Got treated to Indian too! Delicious delicious Indian. There was a vegetable samosa, covered with chickpeas, onion, yogurt sauce, and some green sauce. And a Paneer curry, and pistachio kulfi. So good.

Burgatory was good too! Burnt Almond Torte hard shake, jalapeno cheddar cornbread, and a regular burger with a cajun rub, baguette for the bread, gouda, a fried egg, bourbon BBQ, onion, arugala, and mayo. I probably should have asked for mid-rare instead of medium, but oh well.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Happy Hat posted:

Manny,
I had prepared a whole follow-up post on interracial stuff, blumpkins, gang-bang and everything, but now I won't post it, as I see that your fetish is not in that direction.

Sorry :saddowns:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I never said I didn't like the fantasy of a gang-bang :v:. I'm a terrible perv. Plushies are just not on that list.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
19? drat that's an old cat.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dino. posted:

At this point, I'd honestly just prefer the ads. Every time I visit your site, there is this enormous call to donate. And they're all big. And with ugly people.

Just put up regular ads already, because you're more or less doing that anyway.

adblock solves that problem. :smug:

Also thank gently caress I'm off work tomorrow. Gonna drink it up.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Drink tally for the day so far

1 banana bread beer, ehh
1 shot wild turkey 101
2 shots wild turkey american honey, with one more shot with a coke. I'm still fairly lucid, but I can definitely feel it.

Also, flank marinated in rum and lime juice, with a mojito-ish glaze. Pretty good.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pile of brown posted:

I tried to report you for PWI cause that poo poo is loving gross but then I remembered that you have to have plat to report posts. seriously the one time I tried it it was loving SLUDGY with the amount of sugar in it

fake edit: also you posted a trip report for alcohol with the word lucid in it

It was the only strong alcohol I had left after the Wild Turkey, sorry :saddowns:. I don't get the lucid part though.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That loving post...:allears:. "leader of a FURRY group trying to talk poo poo?" is so goddamn adorable.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh I wouldn't call for any of your deaths ;-*

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Happy Hat posted:

I would insist on wearing those without pants..

Also - wearing kilt rocks

Now take a picture of your kilt, true scot style :allears:

Also. gently caress today. I got into a minor accident. My first one ever in my 6-7 years of driving. I was late to work, and my mom's car needs some body work now :v:. But otherwise everything's ok. Other lady was fine, her car just has a small crack on the bumper, and my mom's car is still drivable, it's just not highway safe til the hood can latch back in place.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Goddamnit. My mom heard back from the auto body shop after my accident. The radiator she just got replaced got pierced, $3500. 1k more and the car would have been written off as totaled. And the lady I ran into pretty much just got a scratch on her bumper, gently caress. :smith:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm just going by what my mom told me :v:. I haven't had any dealings with the matter beyond the accident itself, and talking to the insurance company. It's body work too, but I assume it's not a *lot* of work, maybe. One of the headlights got pushed back some and the hood won't latch into place. I'm pretty sure the frame itself wasn't hosed though.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vegetable Melange posted:

Maybe we can all get together and say that dicks are pretty cool, even if they look very silly when flaccid.

well that's why you suck on em til they're hard again! God, plebes. :colbert:

Continuing saga of the accident. No word on the car other than it'll be about a week, parents got a rental for the time being and they're going to Pittsburgh to visit my 'aunt' on Sunday. Ticket paid, $130. Which is like, the same as my speeding ticket was last year. Crazy.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Happy Hat posted:

You're talking about him not eating meat - right?

Wrong kind of meat :gay::pervert:

Also, no one would give you poo poo dino. You're awesome, plus they give it all to me :furcry:

e - why did I look at the spoilage thread :gonk:

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jul 15, 2012

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bartolimu posted:

The world would be a better place if everyone had to support themselves for at least one year working a tip-dependent job.

That or retail. Preferably at least 6 months at each.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bunnielab posted:

gently caress that, not when landscaping is an option. Backbreaking labor and heatstroke are way better then putting up with retail or food service poo poo.

Also a possibility! But only if they're treated as a migrant worker during their stint.

@mindphlux - I figure you know this, but. The idea is that it would knock some snotty fuckers down and make them understand why they shouldn't abuse the "lowly" service folk just because they've got daddy's platinum card. Something like that.

On an unrelated note. http://tompreston.deviantart.com/art/Soapbox-Derpy-Appreciate-This-317598837 here's this thing on Deviantart. But wait, it gets interesting. http://comments.deviantart.com/1/317598837/2668664320 there's this comment string. And this girl is just...so...I don't even know. It's loving mind-boggling. I think she might be broken.

If you don't want to read it. She eventually gets to the point of explaining why she's against same-sex marriage. "Because umm what if a gay dad wants to touch his kid UGH? And ladies will get jealous because I know I would!"

I know this isn't really the place for it. But I just had to share it.
:psyduck:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hat, I have a new hat/avatar material for you. Courtesy of the newspaper comic thread.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You need a fedora or you're no true goon, Hat :colbert:

And that is the gooniest fedora. The alpha fedora. At least until they make one out of bacon.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's one about 5 minutes from my house. Along with a KFC, a White Castle/Church's, and soon there will be a Raising Cane's as well. All within a mile or so of each other on the same stretch of road.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Very Strange Things posted:

Los Aristócratas

Seconding this one.

Alternately, Raptors in F-14s if they're mostly 10. Even if they don't get the reference, it's still great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Where ya been Squashy?

Also, stealing this post from the Industry thread.

DownsideUp posted:

Hey guys, just as a sidenote, Jiro dreams of sushi is up on netflix instant. as is El Bulli Cooking in Progress. Great stuff.