Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

I feel like I'm surrounded by invisible trolls. They're everywhere.

I was arguing with one of the cooks at work yesterday and he said that practically all pasta contained eggs. I'm pretty sure this is utter horseshit. I know that plenty of varieties of wheat noodles do contain egg, but just as as many are water+flour. Confirm/deny?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Look at that loving sink holy poo poo. I sorta just want to do dishes there.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I feel like it's not a proper GWS challenge without a callout thread.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

This is not the place for this derail Jesus Christ I don't believe in beans in chili gently caress you all.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Cast iron is the one true cookware.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Circumcision is wrong.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Costco is a nice place to shop.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Using an SV rig is cheating.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

GrAviTy84 posted:

So anyway, where were we? Something about rape and sexual harassment statistics...

:argh:

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

BEHOLD: MY CAPE posted:

If you do this your wound will be extremely juicy and tender and fall right off the bone

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Goons With Spoons > GWS Culinary Chat: your wound will be extremely juicy and tender and fall right off the bone

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Halalelujah posted:

Soooo, what is everyone doing this weekend?

My roommate got the notice that he was accepted to UC Berkeley yesterday, so we all had a cocktail or six. I think I'm mostly gonna spend my weekend recovering.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Phummus I hope your son's surgery went well. It was supposed to be by today at least, right? Lots of good thoughts from this end.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

You haven't lived until you've ridden in a van taxi over the mountains between Beirut and the Beqaa Valley with a mad Lebanese driver who is intent on overtaking on blind curves on the edge of sheer cliffs.

Syrian traffic seemed positively polite in comparison.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

It's late and I was feeling peckish, but didn't have any of my usual starchy snacky foods available (out of bread for toast etc) so I grabbed some masa harina I had laying around and made a few corn tortillas from scratch, hit them with some butter and salt, and down the hatch.

Feels good man.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

That's why I posted in here about it. I knew you guys would understand :allears:

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Charmmi posted:

...you mean it hasn't always been Happy Adobo?

I've thought it was Happy Adobo this whole time too. Whoops.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I hope you get your foodtoy Mr. Hat.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Happy Hat posted:

I drunk bought it (I am drunk posting)

Also Go Gourd you magnificent bastard, I love you!

You would be an American hero if you were American, so instead I guess you're a Hero of the Human Race.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

The whole Eurovision thing is totally baffling to me.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

homerlaw posted:

I wonder what it feels like to have such a famous rear end in a top hat, possibly even the MOST famous rear end in a top hat.

What do you mean possibly the most famous rear end in a top hat? Can you really name off other famous anuses? His is the rear end in a top hat. Full stop.

:911:

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Happy Hat posted:

Conversation over the breakfast table...

:j: Daddy - I found a false willy yesterday
:kiddo: What do you mean a false willy?
:j: It was orange and had balls and everything.
:kiddo: WHAT do you mean a false willy?
:j: It was really long, much longer than yours.
:kiddo: What do you mean longer than mine?
:j: I found it in the park on my way back from school!
:kiddo: What did you do with it?
:j: I picked it up, and then we swordfighted with it.
:kiddo: Oh...
:j: Then I threw it at the ground to see if it would break..
:kiddo: Oh.. Did it?
:j: No - it was made from rubber, so it bounced!
:kiddo: What do you mean much longer than mine?

Holy poo poo I would have loved to have that entire swordfighting with dildos on video to show to their friends when they turn 15..

This is incredible.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Yeah that's pretty cute.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

mindphlux posted:

anyone have proven good as heck barebeque sauce recipes? looking for like a mustard sauce and maybe a sweet and gloopy one. I have a carolina style nailed down, but I'm making a bunch of pork for a euro 2012 final party tomorrow and need some alternates for people who don't like vinegar. (heathens)

last few times I've made sauces off of google, the results have sucked, so I'm really hoping for someone's personal secret recipe or something.

Care to share your Carolina-style sauce recipe?

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

That works dude I was mostly just looking for guidelines anyway. I can't imagine making something like a sauce just on measured ingredients in any case. Thanks!

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Dude, where I come from a 95 degree day in summer is a blessing of a cool breeze. You'll get no pity here. The trick is that when it's hot like that you just don't go outside. Instead you just have a $300 electricity bill.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Happy Hat posted:

Then I should have the same reaction from anything that spends some time being stored on wood, right?

I will test this by drinking copious amounts of Whisky now.

Also, if I am to be referred to as a piece of female clothing, I would prefer it being some sort of small clothes rather than a blouse.

No, the tannins come from the non-grape plant matter that is present when the grapes are being squeezed/fermented. Red wines will have more of the stems and even a few of the leaves present during the pressing and first fermentation, which is where tannins come in.

Which is not to say you shouldn't drink a lot of whisky!

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

GrAviTy84 posted:

Apparently there are tannins in stems but not in wood barrels :psyduck:

hint: there are tannins in whisk(e)y, it is what gives it it's color (although lesser whiskies get their color from E150a)

Well I feel sheepish.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Dane posted:

I'd just like to go on record saying: gently caress YOU, YOU JUNKIE FUCKSTICKS DICKBISCUIT COCKPLOW NO-BRAINED SHITEATING CUNTS.

We (my sister, my cousin and I) have spent pretty much all of our savings fixing up the summer cottage we inherited from our grandparents. Nothing super fancy, but I wanted to upgrade the kitchen so we would have more than two electric coils and a toaster oven to cook on - so I went with a counter-mounted induction rig and a decent oven, a nice porcelain sink, a fairly pricy countertop etc. We also renovated the bathroom.

Some worthless excuse for a human being broke in (smashing the new door and a window) and used a skilsaw to cut out the induction burners and the oven. Not happy with just stealing, they decided to smash up the sinks in both kitchen and bathrooms and broke the cistern for the toilet - so in addition to the damage to door and window, there's now water damage all over. Early estimates for repairs & replacements are in the $12-15k range, what with parts and labour for window, door, plumbing, new floors, new drywall, stove etc.

We have insurance, but my cousin called them today and they said they were experiencing longer than usual processing of claims, so we shouldn't expect to see any money before october. That's the vacations of three families out the loving window, as none of us have the means to finance the repairs and replacements.

rear end. Holes.

Someone do something idiotic to cheer me up, please.

I have some North Korean whisky that I may just film myself drinking for you tomorrow. I've been meaning to, uh, crack into that bottle.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Manuel Calavera posted:

Goddamnit. My mom heard back from the auto body shop after my accident. The radiator she just got replaced got pierced, $3500. 1k more and the car would have been written off as totaled. And the lady I ran into pretty much just got a scratch on her bumper, gently caress. :smith:

That blows.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

It's not actually a stone. It's unglazed ceramic. It doesn't weigh very much at all.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

That was incredible.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

dino. posted:

Anyone got and suggestions for new ones?

So I've been super into Radiolab for the last year. It's pretty science-y and has a great conversational style. It has a lot of fancy sound production, but it's not really background music as such.

I also dig Snap Judgement, which is on in the middle of the night on my local NPR station. Glenn Washington is like, ridiculously cool. The opening story on this episode is pretty great.

I guess these both have that background music you don't really like, but it might be worth a shot. I think they're both great.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Mr. Wiggles posted:

This is some good information! Very good indeed!

And yes Fluffy Bunnies there are lots of apricots too but we've had a lot of luck with making fruit leather (the process of which takes up a lot more fruit) with them. Though a run of apricot brandy isn't out of the question if I get another 50 pounds that I'm at a loss to use otherwise.

How do you make your fruit leather? I've been wanting to make some for a while.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

Blue cheese, not bleu.

Your eternal crusade marches on.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Weddings are a perfect excuse for truly outrageously large bowls of punch.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I had the the equivalent in Syria – a "sandwish batata" – and no they are not.

edit: Why would you need to wrap a starch in more starch?

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Scientastic posted:

Reading this post, I could almost believe that you've never had a hangover.

Realtalk I've never understood all the talk of oily starchbomb hangover food. The last thing I want to do when I'm hung over is eat anything at all.

edit: I mostly just want to malinger.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

If you love someone maybe getting married is a good idea. If you think it is you should do it :)

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Sjurygg posted:

goddammit read this poo poo :staredog: http://www.nlp.com/

Three weeks in PRC coming to an end. An endless carousel of crowded streets, stinking gutters around shining high-rises, beggars hustling stock brokers under bamboo scaffoldings, feeling like an isolated stranger constantly regarded and analyzed without the means to communicate properly. And food, of course, and rice wine, and an overwhelmingly friendly and hospitable family. I miss home. But I think I'll miss this place too. Especially the crab and the red-cooked pork belly.

This was a good post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

So I had a bad-rear end legit birthday party tonight, right? Gallons and gallons of punch were had. It was basically perfect.

...except that a friend of mine got pulled over for a DUI on the way home. I feel bad dude. I know that like, it was her decision to drive and poo poo but like, gently caress. That blows.