Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desiree Cousteau
Jan 15, 2012
I always claimed my sister had that Innsmouth Look.
Slightly lumpy, pop-eyed, good swimmer...
God (or gods) know, we are all crazy enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desiree Cousteau
Jan 15, 2012
Speaking of HP Lovecraft, I had a calamari soup once that was disturbing. It had tiny little squid that were in these contorted poses poking up through an opaque milk chowder sort of soup. made me want to run my steam ship through them all, damned hell-cephalopods

Desiree Cousteau
Jan 15, 2012
There is a lot of issues with odd food. I think a lot of it is cultural. I don't like being told that bleu (blau?) cheese is icky and I have no taste from people that like durian and eat those half-developed duck eggs (don't get the eggs at asian markets with the red stamp on them unless you know exactly what you are getting into), but then again I like things like haggis and morsilla, which are really just culturally competent sausages.

Is foodlaw the one that goes: "It is by food alone I set my stomach in motion. It is by the haute cuisine that my gut acquire speed, the heart acquires the burn, the heartburn becomes a warning. It is by my wallet alone I set the table in motion."?

Desiree Cousteau
Jan 15, 2012
My favorite kitchen supply source is Goodwill, but I am getting fond of flea markets too. Where else can you get a set of 70's Revere Ware pans for $28?
And it has gotten to the point where I only look at the presto pressure cookers ( I mean, for God's sake, how many pressure cookers can you use?)

Desiree Cousteau
Jan 15, 2012

dino. posted:

And more on that boxfood thing. My nephew loves that Kraft Easy-Mac and asks his mum to make it all the time. Is that the same stuff? If so, that doesn't look so bad. OK, it looks bad. But still. I'm not familiar with how you make it, because while the mother's making said easy mac, I'm usually entertaining said kiddo.

I realize that this pushes me darned close to apostasy, but what makes Kraft Mac and Cheese into the food of the gods is to add half a tin of diced up spam into it. You may say treyf, but your tummy says "nom!"

Oh, and for the ballerina, try Pearls Before Swine:

http://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2009/09/08

Desiree Cousteau
Jan 15, 2012

therattle posted:

I'm guessing that's not vegan.

I'm not sure if any feral ballerina is vegan.

Rowlr! Roooowrllll! (en pointe) Rrrrrowlr! Hsssst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desiree Cousteau
Jan 15, 2012

icehewk posted:

gently caress chickenade, make chicken ale.

This is out of Moxon's English Housewifry Exemplified, isn't it? She suggests you do unnatural things with oysters too.

A pretty good book if you don't mind culinary standards of the 18th Century

Desiree Cousteau fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Feb 26, 2012