Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Creature
Nov 23, 2014
Went to the new GF's family dinner yesterday and met most of them for the first time. When her Grandfather's newish wife found out I like to cook she made half of one of their prime rib roasts rare (since she figured I would appreciate it like that). Apparently there were all of four people who liked locally butchered free range beef rare. Queue the grandfather, his wife, her cousin, and me making ourselves sick of perfectly roasted rare beef. Being this was the first time meeting them, I didn't expect anything from them in the form of a gift. Nope, high percentage cacao chocolates from all over (not a cheap gift set, but different ones ordered individually), some civet coffee as well as some blue mountain green coffee, and an invitation to cook with her for future family gatherings in their amazing kitchen of the family owned banquet hall. She is also talking about getting some black truffles sometime soon, and asked me to help her figure out the best way to use them.

It's nice to find a girlfriend who appreciates good food, and even better to learn that her family spares no expense on getting good ingredients.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Creature
Nov 23, 2014
I started balding at 25, so I have been shaving my head for years. 33 now, and rocking a full beard. It is showing signs of grey and I kind of dig it.

The Creature
Nov 23, 2014
Was that the $79 deal for it? I jumped on it as well. I am waiting for it to drop again so I can pick one up for my parents.

The Creature
Nov 23, 2014

rgocs posted:

Skim milk plus cornstarch and thickeners I think. So, yeah, not cream.

Modified starches, carrageenans, gums like locust bean or guar, gelatin etc. are used to thicken and stabilize things like fat free cream from my understanding.