Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

You prude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

I like how the color/shape of the chair cushion makes it look like you have two asses.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Phummus posted:

I'm in the market for an enamelled cast iron dutch oven. Amazon has the lodge 6 quart bad-boy for $50. The 7.5 quart one is $75. Is it worth the extra $25 for the added capacity, or will 6qt do the trick for most applications?

Do not buy Lodge enameled, it's crap now. The enamel started flaking off mine on the third use, and the Lodge customer service person I talked to lied to me and gave me poo poo about it. Thank gently caress for Amazon returns. If you check the reviews, they all go to poo poo after about 2009.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Hypnolobster posted:

I bought an enameled 6qt Lodge about 2 years ago and use the hell out of it and it's been absolutely perfect. Only popped off enamel is on the bottom (outside) in one spot. It's possible that I just got lucky, though. For ~$50 though it's honestly worth the risk compared to $250 for a Le Creuset.

e: The best idea is probably to buy a used Le Creuset off of craigslist. I got a 7.5qt for $110 last summer.

Yeah, apparently some time right around then they moved manufacturing to China, and since then it's nothing but complaints.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Mr. Wiggles posted:

I suppose that's the theory, but I don't pay attention to it. I don't have any enameled stuff.

You also don't have running water, electricity, or modern medicine, but some people just like to live the cush life okay?

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

I went to make lunch and my fridge was full of chicken juice. Everywhere. I had to pull EVERYTHING out and soap it ughhhh.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Phummus posted:

When life gives you chickens....

I don't think I want to make chickenade.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

I almost pulled a Sylvia Plath today when the pilot light went out on my antique oven. Also my bread was ruined. :(

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Rule .303 posted:

If anyone says, "OK, rolled in panko" I may not come back until next month.

Just sayin'

But that's how you find the wet spot :confused:

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Rule .303 posted:

I have tried to get my beloved to try spring lamb, chops, collops, and all to no avail. She says that she tried the mutton in the commissary and she doesn't care to try it again.
How do you explain that lamb cooked by a chef who is an artisan and likes his job is better than mutton cooked in an industrial facility in the UK?

I just give up an buy her pizza.

Explain that it's like the difference between eating a Hot Pocket and eating a wood-oven pizza.

And don't buy her a loving pizza. She's not five. (I hope.)

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

therattle posted:

PM me if you or he need some advice on this.

Or me.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

How's this?

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Happy Hat posted:

Hmm.. apparantly using Green Day as a ringtone is frowned upon at work!

Now I have to figure something else out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbquDj3mkGc

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Vegetable Melange posted:

My ringtone is mulatto butts. I answer that poo poo quick in Brooklyn.

It's my BF's ringtone too. His new boss was not amused.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

I too am interested to know what words HH is having trouble with. Hey we should play WWF again.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

SubG posted:

I can't be the only one that first read that as `beer feltching'.

Even odds as to which this thread finds more enjoyable.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

I have never, ever heard of people washing and reusing paper towels what the gently caress is wrong with you

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Ugh that's so gross and dumb. If you're wiping something up, use a sponge. Paper towels are for picking up cat barf, spraying with windex, or using as napkins. And not at the same time.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Coffee?

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Kenning posted:

I always considered myself a died-in-the-wool rear end man until I got with a girl with really big tits.

Now I'm not so sure.

I hope you mean dyed.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

therattle posted:

Quite. My god, it must be a hard language to master.

Stupid cat got the tip of her tail bitten off this morning. The vet had to amputate more to get a clean wound. Now she has a cone collar on which she hates, and she is clingy. Poor little thing.

One of my cats has some kind of cat-flu, and I have to give him cat medicine for like ten days. Fortunately he feels too crappy to put up much of a fuss about it. Poor sneezy guy.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Every girl has nipple hair. It's just usually almost invisible.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

bunnielab posted:

[siren] Yeti-nips spotted! [\siren]

No, I'm not showing you my tits.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

In Girl Scouts all we ever did was say the Pledge of Allegiance and sing songs about friendship. Also I had to sell a fuckton of cookies. I wanted out on the first day but my mom was on a no-quitting tear too. I was stuck in there once a week for three years, listening to impossibly fat women lecture us on the importance of being kind (of course the minute they thought we weren't listening, it was bitch, bitch, bitch). My dad called the pair of them Thunder Thighs. A couple of times I got sent to camp to drink watered-down Kool-Aid, and on several occasions the other girls filled my sleeping bag with dirt.

I just wanted to stay home and read about dragons. :(

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

I like turtles posted:

:toot: I can't remember who posted the Carbonara thread, but thank you. It has become a recurring dish in my life and I submitted it to a local weekly Yelp event to pick specials for an Italian restaurant in town and it won.

I believe that was The Jizzer.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

I got a couch. It's the second most expensive thing I've ever bought (after my car). I feel like a grownup.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

CuddleChunks posted:

Need a bigger couch for that cat.

It's his couch now.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

OmegaBeard posted:

You all heard Vegetable Melange. Keep away from the hot dishes.
Though I gotta wonder, which would be better at a GWS orgy, the food or the sex?

Same thing, really.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

OmegaBeard posted:

You all heard Vegetable Melange. Keep away from the hot dishes.
Though I gotta wonder, which would be better at a GWS orgy, the food or the sex?

Your mom's a hot dish.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

You're kind of an rear end in a top hat.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Not cool dude.

Dnf, you can leave your dick out.

Fiiiiiine. Jeez.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Casu Marzu posted:

This isn't West Side Story.

It could be... :(

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Ahaha, thanks Dino.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Looking for a good place in San Francisco to take the kid and MY GIRLFRIEND in a couple of weekends for supper. I was thinking somewhere in Chinatown - suggestions?

Z&Y, in chinatown. Tommy's mexican for margaritas. El Tepa for burritos.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

El Tepa is probably the best I've ever had. Get the mole.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Phummus posted:

My wife took me out for my annual sushi dinner last night for my birthday. Fantastic stuff. I had a couple of questions that the folks at the restaurant couldn't really answer for me though. So of course I turn to internet strangers.

My kids got a grilled chicken and vegetable dish. It was garnished with chips of some thinly sliced, deep fried vegetable that I couldn't identify. Circular in shape with symmetrical holes in it. They looked like 1-2" diameter lace doilies.

They comped me an ice cream dessert, and it was delicious, but the ice cream was wrapped in a gelatinous shell. I've never encountered it before. It was sticky and chewy and delicious. Anyone know what I'm talking about here?

You only get sushi once a year?! That's horrible!

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Phummus posted:

I get supermarket sushi from time to time, and if one of my vendors offers lunch, I will pick a sushi joing 5 times out of 7. But the tradition is that my b-day dinner is sushi at a nice restaurant. I am fond of this tradition.

I think what I'm saying is what the gently caress go eat some fish.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

This is what I read:

Drink and Fight posted:

I think what I'm saying is what the gently caress go eat some fish.

SubG posted:

This is good advice. Also those little loving bite-sized crabs, and octopus.

NosmoKing posted:

This is my rule for oral sex as well as food.

SubG posted:

You must be real popular during Fleet Week.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Steve Yun posted:

I dunno, even at that price 8 inches seems pretty small

That's what pr0k's mom said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

i shoot friendlies posted:

I really was not responding to you, I was responding to SubG's unprovoked and angry rant.

You argue like a Creationist.