Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Squashy Nipples posted:

What the gently caress, why do people always treat servers like parasites, and not people working for a living?
Because they can make at least minimum wage, possibly more if they get decent tips! So clearly I can treat them like poo poo. Also, no one has ever been fired by shady owners for getting less than minimum wage and requesting their employer make up the difference. :downs:

It astounds me the complete lack of empathy some people I know exhibit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Definitely want to run this game:

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

SubG posted:

I also think that Seventeenth Century conversational sensibilities ought to be taken as normative and anyone who feels otherwise is a dandyprat grumbletonian who can go suck cackling farts.
There is nothing about this sentence that isn't great. :allears:

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
I am sick, so I decided to make chili. However, I did my shopping for supplies and most of the cooking in a drug-and-headache-induced fugue state, so I ended up making a bunch of additions/substitutions. The final ingredient list goes something like this:

Ground beef (1 lb or so)
Diced canned tomatoes (22oz can)
Green peppers x2
Red Onion x1
Green Olives (10oz jar)
Habaneros x3
Jalapeno x1
Some kind of dry rub my roommates bought (1-2 tbsp)
Fresh basil (a big handful)
Garlic (1 head)
Herbs de Provence (1-2 tsp)
A little bit of cayenne powder (~1 tsp)
Roughly half a bottle of Moo Joos.

It has turned out incredibly well and I can feel myself getting better. I'm gonna eat half of this pot now and the other half tomorrow and be totally better. :kimchi:

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

GrAviTy84 posted:

new whiskey bar and restaurant just opened here. They have a dress code:

best dress code. ever.
I would go to this bar exclusively.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Threw some apples, pumpkin pie spices, and a little key lime juice into the crock pot last night. Woke up today to amazing and delicious applesauce. :woop:

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Squashy Nipples posted:

I hope you were able to smell the sarcasm on that one, I'm not much of a sports fan. The worst part of living in Boston is having to pretend that you like the Red Sox.

I HATE baseball. I watch a little hockey, and the occasional NFL game, but that's it.
I know that feeling. Living in Minneapolis means having to pretend to care at all about the Twins.

Can someone explain the draw of football and/or baseball to me? Because every time I've watched a game, it's been "watch a bunch of guys stand around for 5 minutes, see ten seconds of something I guess you could call 'action', repeat for 3-4 hours". At least with hockey there's always something happening when the clock is moving, and said clock doesn't stop very often.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Can't buy alcohol in Minnesota on sunday unless someone pours it for you. Happy hour/brunch is a huge thing here, such that if you time it right you can hit happy hour all day sunday. It's not even that hard, given that so many places have poo poo like "happy hour from noon until 8pm!"

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Casu Marzu posted:

Hey hey if you wanna see how not to handle your online presence as a business, click here https://www.facebook.com/amysbakingco
So that's what it takes to get Ramsay to actually give up on a place on KN.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Oh my god this episode is a perfect storm of every wrong thing an owner has done in 6 seasons of KN, plus a big bag of extra psychological disorders.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Daeren posted:

This feature about a bunch of grandmas all over the world cooking for a dude reminds me how badly it sucks to have a grandma who grew up in the Midwest during the Great Depression and thus thinks all meat should be cooked until it has a texture best described as "cottony."

She could kick your grandma's rear end in a pie contest though. Yes, yours. :colbert:
I would hope so, my grandmother's cooking has spawned many stories, all in the "we'll laugh about this later" vein. Ever wondered what a pork loin tastes like after being cooked in a pressure cooker with the water replaced by equal parts ketchup and soy sauce? I can tell you.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

Is that the same engine ReBoot was built on?
I remember Reboot being such an awesome show but I am afraid to hunt it down and watch it again lest I ruin yet another part of my childhood.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

bunnielab posted:

So I was in Minneapolis this week and found a pretty decent Tequila Bar place.

It is called Barrio and it really saved me.

They have tequila a plenty:

And a few beer cocktails, which I love:

And many salsas:

And these bad motherfuckers:

The bartenders were pretty chill and friendly and very understanding of my need to get loaded at 2pm on a Wednesday. Totaly recomend the place if you are ever in Minneapolis for whatever reason.
I live in Minneapolis and I am definitely going to this place sometime.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Wroughtirony posted:

Therapy rules. Everyone should be in therapy. Especially the people who think they don't need it.
If there's a more truthful thing to be said, I don't know what it could be.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Ugh, being without power sucks so hard. 75mph plus an absolute deluge of rain has destroyed Minneapolis, leaving me and 280,000 others without power. And it's high 80s temp and humidity all week. Can't do anything inside since most of that requires power, can't really go outside since any activity at all pretty much kills me. Guess I'll just end up being really friendly with coffee shops for the next couple days. :(

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

GrAviTy84 posted:

It's loving 110 F outside and has been all weekend. Hasnt dropped below 78F at night for 3 days. Summer season worst season. Go home summer. GTFO. :frogout:
Everyone around here is a loving moron who loves this weather. Then they bitch about autumn/winter (and also stare blankly when I say autumn instead of fall) the entire goddamn time. You live in minnesota you idiots, if you hate winter so much you should move.

Also, gently caress you minnesota, your liquor laws are the stupidest. Lemme buy some beer on sunday! My truck doesn't get the mileage to justify driving to wisconsin just for beer. :mad:

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

DontAskKant posted:

Question : would you not date someone because they didn't eat a certain food. Is there a food that is that important to you?
Meat. I could never deal with someone who is vegetarian/vegan because (a) I am an omnivore and I don't want to cook around self-imposed dietary restrictions that involve entire food groups, and (b) the veggie contingent around here are all completely up their own asses about how they won't eat ABC because XYZ, aren't you impressed? :smuggo:

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

therattle posted:

Around here as in physical location, not GWS, right?
Right.

contrapants posted:

I know a lot of people who like to brag that they haven't eaten a burger in a month, and they look down on everyone because others have. These are the same people who think "vegan" and "organic" are interchangeable terms and a box of pasta isn't "vegan enough" if it came from a supermarket.
This is pretty much exactly what I'm talking about. I had a guy blather on at me for a good ten minutes at work yesterday about how he only eats organic vegan preservative free :downswords: and how it's so hard for him to shop for food because of it. But hey, if people want to spend an extra $5/lb on produce so they can feel superior, more power to them. I just want them to stay on the other side of the river.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Awesome. I get written up at work for roughly no reason ("someone last week complained about you. We don't know why, or who, or when exactly, but she wasn't happy. So we're giving you a written warning.") and now my roommates are kicking me out when their lease expires october 1st for no reason at all. Just great. :suicide:

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
lovely management and fickle roommates are implausible to you? What a charmed life you have lived.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

mediaphage posted:

Canadian coke just uses sugar, too, but no one gets all excited about it, idgi.
What I don't get is why people are willing to pay like $3 for a 16oz bottle of the stuff. For that kind of price you could probably make the poo poo at home yourself!

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

How do these people think cooking is done? You don't buy a whole rotisserie chicken and say it's homemade.
But that's exactly what people do. I work in a grocery store and people ask me if we sell "homemade" everything, from chex mix to sweet potatoes. And when I tell them "sorry sir, but if you want homemade [thing] you'll have to make it yourself. At home. We do however sell the ingredients for that and I can help you find them, though." they look at me like I just told them they need to draw a bloody pentagram on their oven and conjure it from the depths.

I seriously think that some of these people see cooking as some kind of magic.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
The toilet exploded or something during the night (my roommate woke me up at 2am with "I just flushed it, that's all!" and the hallway is a swampland) so I had to piss in the alley and am also not getting to shower this morning before work, where I will have to deal with a hundred thousand people freaking out over christmas eve not being perfect right this second and it will somehow be my fault that they didn't buy their $700 of groceries until the last minute.

Merry christmas.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Got fired today. No reason given, just "there are a number of factors and we have decided to let you go." Merry loving christmas.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Thanks for the well wishes, guys. It really does mean a lot to me. Right now I just hope I can find a new job before I burn through my savings. The new year being right in the middle of the week kinda screws with my job hunting for a couple days (a lot of places are closing early/entirely for NYE/NYD) but oh well. I feel like I could use a hundred beers right now anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Squashy Nipples posted:

Sorry, but as a life long fan of both dogs and cats, cats and INFINITELY more sanitary when it comes to poop.
Unfortunately they are filthy little bastards about literally everything else and are also degenerate assholes.

Dogs 4 lyfe