Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Maybe I'll try it that way next batch. Normally I make morcilla with a lot of hot chiles and really thick casings, but I'm always up for new recipes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

That is a good raffle win.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

I reuse my paper towels as kindling.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

I'm always trying to find more egg cartons in order to put eggs in though so that I can sell eggs. :toot:

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

theproblemwithamericandining.txt

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Darval posted:

Report if they fit when they arrive.. I've never dared myself, on that account

They fit superbly, by the way. I am very happy with this purchase, especially since they don't sell these shoes around here so online was my only option.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

That's great but don't become one of those people who thinks they have to put sriracha on everything. Not everything needs to taste like sriracha.

Besides, sriracha is for proles. Sambal oelek is where tha flavor at.

One day you too will graduate to the angry lady sauce.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

No vinegar? Nothing made with vinegar? No kraut? No kimchee? Nothing acidic at all?

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Snow party with biologists tonight in Truckee. I'm very excited for this! Then tomorrow night Bela Fleck and the Flecktones at the Nugget! It should be a good weekend.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Halalelujah posted:

It helps with fasting during Lent.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Pbr is poo poo too real ballers drink 4 loco. :smug:

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Happy Hat posted:

I don't know what a PBR is.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Growing up in SoCal we always drank either Lucky Lager or Stater Brothers beer. The Stater Brothers was the best because it was just a brown can that said "Beer", like their brown bags that said "Dog Food" and brown label jars that said "Pickles" with a little blue ribbon. It was on a price level with Shasta soda.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Boiled Calf's Head (without the Skin).

877. Ingredients. - Calf's Head, water, a little salt, 4 tablespoonfuls of melted butter, 1 tablespoonful of minced parsley, pepper and salt to taste, 1 tablespoonful of lemon-juice.
Mode. - After the head has been thoroughly cleaned, and the brains removed, soak it in warm water to blanch it. Lay the brains also into warm water to soak, and let them remain for about an hour. Put the head into a stewpan, with sufficient cold water to cover it, and when it boils, add a little salt; take off every particle of scum as it rises, and boil the head until perfectly tender. Boil the brains, chop them, and mix with them melted butter, minced parsley, pepper, salt, and lemon-juice in the above proportion. Take up the head, skin the tongue, and put it on a small dish with the brains round it. Have ready some parsley and butter, smother the head with it, and the remainder send to the table in a tureen. Bacon, ham, pickled pork, or a pig's cheek, are indispensable with a calf's head. The brains are sometimes chopped with hard-boiled eggs, and mixed with a little Bechamel or white sauce.
Time. - From 1 1/2 to 2 1/4 hours.
Average cost, according to the season, from 3s to 5s.
Sufficient for 6 or 7 persons.
Seasonable from March to October.
Note. - The liquor in which the head was boiled should be saved: it makes excellent soup, and will be found a nice addition to gravies, &c. Half a calf's head is as frequently served as a whole one, it being a more convenient-sized joint for a small family. It is cooked in the same manner, and served with the same sauces, as in the preceding recipe.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

For a second I thought you were talking about beer made out of mussels. Mussel beer.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We pay $5.99 for 12 packs of PBR, Hamm's, Olympia, and Busch here. If you're into nasty beer though you can get 24 pack suitcases of Natural Ice for $8.99 or $9.99 depending on which gas station you're buying from. Quarts of Coors, Carta Blanca, etc. are usually 89 to 99 cents. This is a good place for yard beer.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

I went to make Bananas Foster tonight and when I went to light my rum I realized it was only 70 proof and wouldn't flame, so no cool light show with desert. On the bright side, the delay from the liquor confusion had the bonus of causing little bits of toffee to form in my caramel which turned out to be really good.

Anyway, two band updates. I think I've come up with a good idea for a name. And we've been propositioned to open for the Joy Formidable when they come through town, which is pretty good considering that we haven't played a single show together yet. So I guess that means that our sound is at least moving in the right direction.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Kenning posted:

You can totally light up 70 proof, you just need to warm it up a bit first.

Yes but I was impatient and I'm not used to having 70 proof around.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

It depends on your locality. Here, there's only Mormon troops. But when I grew up (as a Scout), the troops were run by rocket scientists and aerospace engineers, so while we never once talked about God or social issues, we did spend a lot of time watching napalm strikes at test ranges and being an unsanctioned Air Explorers unit.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

So, what is it about staying home alone and getting lovely on cheap wine that is just so relaxing?

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Steakandchips posted:

The latent alcoholism?

Hmmm, yes....

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Well, mustard flour, but that's not really flour.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Phummus posted:

That looks like a very comfy couch. I hate my couch, but don't want to invest in a new one right now. I'm muave with jealousy.

Build a couch.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Camping in the rain at a race track right now and there is no fire or couch or even mustard at the moment. This has even Mountain Man Wiggles seriously considering getting a camper.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Mindphlux is bitter.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Happy Hat posted:

I thought it was a marines motto thing...

The Marines motto is Semper Fidelis.

Notably there is no linguistic confusion when we use Latin.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Go drink a bunch of absinthe you'll be fine.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Looking for a good place in San Francisco to take the kid and MY GIRLFRIEND in a couple of weekends for supper. I was thinking somewhere in Chinatown - suggestions?

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Drink and Fight posted:

Z&Y, in chinatown. Tommy's mexican for margaritas. El Tepa for burritos.

Z&Y it is for supper, thanks. We'll probably pass on margaritas since we will be very busy going to museums and such with a 9 year old, but I'm pretty good at following my nose for burritos when I'm in town. Though I've never been able to get over the whole "putting rice in the burrito" thing - that's where the french fries are supposed to go!

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

This afternoon I took my son hiking and we found this place:

And on top of it we found this cute little guy and his unhatched little broseph:

Good thing his momma was off hunting or something.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Walk Away posted:

Eh, I don't know. I grew up there (still live here) and I don't think that I've ever had a burrito with fries in it. Isn't it a bit much? Maybe I've been missing out on something serious.

Go to a Santana's or a Roberto's, then you'll understand. Some places it's also called a "stoner burrito" or a "surfer burrito". Make sure you get the grilled green onions.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

I didn't know there was a Roberto's in Vegas. Actually I didn't know they had really expanded outside of run down old Taco Bell buildings in southern california. Which is incidentally where you find Santana's most of the time.

Does the Roberto's in Vegas offer tacos de sesos? This is the determining factor of it's authenticity. If not, it's either an imposter or that group of resturaunts has fallen sadly in the dozen years I've lived in Nevada.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

I just had some bacon from someone who tried their first ever batch. I fear I have ingested too much salt, now. And I still have to eat ham later today.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

bunnielab posted:

So today is day 1 of a 161 day gig. So far I haven't even seen a BBQ place. Charlotte is really letting me down.

I also need new luggage, my current big rear end suitcase got all hosed up and may not last many more trips. I need something that will hold a two weeks of clothing, a laptop, boots, and a small pile of tools. I will not be flying that often but I would rather have something that will last a few years.

Just get a Pelican Case.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

no don't

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

dino. posted:

That being said, when I saw the NYC skyline on the way to the tunnel, it really made me happy to be home again. Every time I leave the city, I'm reminded why I keep coming back. :)

That's how I feel when I see the desert and the Sierras after a time away. "Home" is a powerful thing.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

It's not two-basin, though.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

This will be like in Y Tu Mamá También when Julio and Tenoch finally do it.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Happy Hat posted:

having a facial expression that cycled between pleased with herself, contempt for my obvious incompliance to company rules, smug and passive aggressive..

Every HR person ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Kenning posted:

Costco is a nice place to shop.

Marketing executive spotted. Get out yuppie.