Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Any recommendations on a good cookbook for Mediterranean food? My friend really likes making whatever he can from scratch having had access to really good food in the past. A good set of recipes would make him pretty happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

therattle posted:

Ottolenghi Plenty has some fantastic recipes. It's the Middle Eastern side of the Med - Mediterranean food encompasses a huge range of cuisines.

Thanks! I think Middle Eastern is the side he's interested in. He complains a lot about how you can't get good falafel in this city.

WorldIndustries fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Dec 16, 2016

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

therattle posted:

All the Ottolenghi books are excellent but the first one in particular calls for a lot of obscure ingredients. If he likes ME food Persiana is also really excellent.

You're a blessing, thanks!

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Croatoan posted:

Hey what's up my fellow new InstaPot owner! Make a thread I don't wanna.

Same here, that cyber monday deal was really good.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

BrianBoitano posted:

:psyduck: just sharpen your knife

and get a good knife, which isn't very expensive these days. Tojiro DP is incredible value for the price.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Phummus posted:

Went to see Alton Brown's "Eat Your Science" show a few nights ago.

Total science demos: 2
Total songs he sings (poorly): 6
Total percentage of show that is him doing standup: 50

I was pretty underwhelmed. Looked like a vehicle for him to sell merchandise and not much else.

It's kind of a reminder that part of what made Good Eats entertaining was the fantastic production crew that turned his ideas into reality.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

People age kimchi for upwards of 6 to 9 months, that's probably why its starting to taste really good!

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I know it's kind of a gimmicky item, but those garlic peelers that are just silicon tubes work very well for peeling lots of garlic at once and getting less garlic on your hands then the knife-smash and peel method.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Brawnfire posted:

Do they crush the garlic? The worst thing is peeling garlic so you can slice the cloves, and I can't just wheck it with my knife if I'm going for that :(

They don't at all, it's perfect for peeling and slicing