Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Darval posted:

I really did not know women can get nipple hair. Or are you talking about men giving titfucks.

Women are mammals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
That Cock2Cock thing is amazing. I have been entertained all loving afternoon.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Drink and Fight posted:

Every girl has nipple hair. It's just usually almost invisible.

[siren] Yeti-nips spotted! [\siren]

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Drink and Fight posted:

No, I'm not showing you my tits.

It's ok, I still love you for your jello shots.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

I like turtles posted:

Standard warnings about Botulism risk for confit garlic, since you're storing food in an anaerobic environment and I guess the botulism spores either contaminate it after it is off the heat or they're resistant to the relatively low heat levels used. Guidelines I've seen have suggested that you keep it refrigerated and not keep it for more than two weeks. That may be overkill, I don't know. I bet NosmoKing could shed some light on the matter.

Would rubbing the clove with a tiny bit of pink salt help with this? Or will you never be able to add enough without the product getting too salty?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Wroughtirony posted:

Possibly. But at the very least that would be swatting a fly with a Buick. It's also pretty easy to get poisonous levels of nitrates if you don't measure your food and pink salt very exactly. You can't just throw a pinch into the pan.

Yeah, I have no idea how to figure out how much nitrates actually end up in bacon and stuff. I have been keeping my bag of pink salt in a misc cooking drawer along with some decorative cookie sugar. If I suddenly stop posting you guys will know why.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Steakandchips posted:

Don't you work with dangerous and heavy machinery for a living?

I used to, although it was more "common tools used in dumb ways often at great height while sometimes hungover".

This was a not super uncommon result:

But a trip to a TGI Fridays (loving Amex is to blame) and 5-6 Long Island Iceteas later and I am up the next morning ready to do it again. I was totally straight when that happened, I was just lulled into day dreaming and was dumb for like 1 second.

Despite trying to get back into this stuff I am again sitting in an office talking into a phone all day.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
How hard is it to hide a pint flask in your back pocket?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Eat This Glob posted:

Not difficult, but then it wouldn't be heated to a balmy 98.6 degrees by your junk. That's the way I like my whisky. Tasting like plastic from a pouch that smells like my balls at a temperature warmer than most summer days at the ball park. Freedom :911:

Real Pros also bring along a bag of ice and a forged doctor's note claiming post surgery swelling.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

dino. posted:

You're going to /be/ the party, Charmmi.

Well, we have been through Main Wife, Stripper pus, and Squashy's assorted perversions, i guess it is time for a GWS swingers group.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
I want to seal you in a plastic bag and submerge you in tepid water for hours.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
So I am in talks to maybe move to Charlotte, NC for work for the next six months. I assume pork bbq grows on trees, but other then that can anyone comment on the local food and booze scene? I will be mostly alone and working with people I cant/don't want to hang out with.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Rurutia posted:

A friend of mine from New York said: 'Charlotte is the only city on the SE coast worth anything and is the only reason I'm here.'

He loves NY for the record. So I expect something of the sort. Pork BBQ isn't as prevalent as you'd expect, I actually haven't had any here and I've been here for over 5 years now. But I'm in the RDU area.

What's an RUD and how is there no pork?

They want someone in the position "yesterday" so this will be a fast negotiation process.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Rurutia posted:

RDU is the Raleigh Durham area. It's where the RTP (Research Triangle Park) is. There is pork, I'm just saying, it's not going to be 100% or even 30% of what will be available to you. I haven't had any here because I prefer making my own and some of the best restaurants here don't do BBQ pork.

So like do you sell your pork and can I roll it into some other line item?

But really, any info about the area would be great.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
I just smell stuff and if it doesn't make me gag I put it in my mouth. People make things too complicated.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
So today is day 1 of a 161 day gig. So far I haven't even seen a BBQ place. Charlotte is really letting me down.

I also need new luggage, my current big rear end suitcase got all hosed up and may not last many more trips. I need something that will hold a two weeks of clothing, a laptop, boots, and a small pile of tools. I will not be flying that often but I would rather have something that will last a few years.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Just get a Pelican Case.

My fear with that is that usually "pelican case = valuables inside" and that it is more likely to be stolen. Also they weigh a ton and I need every pound I can get to stay under 50lbs.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
I am here to work on a large event taking place here this fall.

I did have some good BBQ at Mac's the other night but my new complaint is the lack of draft dark beers down here. I may have to learn to like IPAs.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
I think the solution is to ban all meats but pork, and convert all public lands into oak forests for them to frolic in.

We also must collect their poop and send it to Australia so that they can cope with Bartertowns' growing energy demands.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
God damm Charlotte has some disappointing grocery stores. I assume there is something better in the burbs but it seems kind of ridiculous to drive out of the city to find better stores.

In somewhat related news, my love of mustard-based bbq sauce has reached new heights. There is a new bbq place about to open by my office, i have very high hopes.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
I want to cook something this weekend but I am super uninspired. I think I want something like a biryani but I don't know. I got some little lamb chops tonight and the idea of eating them with rice seems appealing.

Like this, I want something like this.

I have been eating almost nothing but pork bbq and huge salads for like two weeks and think it is starting to affect my brain. Like, I know I like a ton of foods but I cannot actually focus and decide to make something.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

GrAviTy84 posted:

It does put a coating of smokey residue on the objects in the box. I wouldn't use an oven. Just get two disposable lasagna type trays or maybe foil cover a steam table tray. I have a rack that I had to set aside just for smoking because the flavor is just in it now no matter how much I scrub and soak and run it through the dishwasher. It makes no sense to me but it is what it is.

This is an interesting idea. Home Depot and the like sell tiny rear end kettle grills for like $20, I wonder if they could be made to seal enough to cold smoke in?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
I don't wear underwear and would sometimes not wash my shop pants for like a week of daily wear. If I was doing metal work they would get that shine to them like homeless people pants.

Oddly enough this period of my life was also when I was most successful with the ladies. Perhaps the smell of ball sweat, Liquid Wrench, and old dust is some kind of turn on?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Vegetable Melange posted:

empty the ash tray and wash it, and the smell is gone by morning.

This is key right here. I smoke a pipe and sometimes cigars in our house and people are always amazed when I can tell them it's ok to smoke in the house because "it doesn't smell like smoke in here".

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
That is like some loving 80's rear end gun handling there. Maybe even older.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
I am the best mover ever. I am a huge bossy rear end in a top hat but things get loving done. I am so used to lifting, carrying, and packing trucks at work that dealing with "amateurs" is super frustrating. Who the gently caress doesn't wait for a count or an "up" when lifting something?

I also once moved into a house with 5 other stagehands. We "borrowed" a box truck from a lighting company we worked for and in one long night loaded, moved, and unloaded 4 apartments worth of stuff into our new house. It was magic at work.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
I would pay for like a nice framed, autographed 8x11 of goatse.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Just suck it up you babies and stop loving doing it.

Or buy a pipe and end up quitting through laziness.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Question, why does the restaurant industry pay so poorly?

Like, I am sure it is a ton of different factors but I couldn't really think of a compelling reason why.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

ulmont posted:

I think Marx and Engels generally explained it. Look for the bits discussing the relationship between those with capital and those without.

Restaurant workers are too busy getting liberal arts degrees and growing beards to learn any better job skills?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
French onion soup mix is great for when you want to crank out a ton of burgers for a day of drunken grilling. A1 sauce is for when you want to liven up a drunken 2am cheesesteak bought from a all night chinese takeout.

My album would be CCR's "Cosmo's Factory", which was probably the first non industrial/electro album I really got into as a young adult.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Wiggles posted:

I'd be a tie between Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and Mogwai's Rock Action, which together provided much soothing during a particularly weird part of my life.

God I have not thought about Mogwai in forever.

Wiggles, whatever your flaws might be your taste in music will stand as a beacon of awesomeness.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

GrAviTy84 posted:

I used to have one of those bottom-no-window broilers. I would just lie on my stomach with the door open and watch the food cook with a flashlight. seriously.

This is what I do, until i forget to lock the dog up first and he decides to try and wrestle me next to the open oven.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

dino. posted:

I'd say that many of the people I've met here have been perfectly nice. Happy Hat, and Potehto, and Halal, and the Charmmis, and MP. I think sometimes people forget that there's a real human on the other side of the screen, with actual feelings, and it doesn't feel very good to be on the receiving end of mean-ness. :(

Look at this guy, trying post like a person and not the prey animal he is.

Food chain bitch, loving live it.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Found out on Friday my big dog has spinal degeneration. He's 8.

That sucks man. Big dogs are kinda heartbreaking in that way.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

mindphlux posted:

anyone have proven good as heck barebeque sauce recipes? looking for like a mustard sauce and maybe a sweet and gloopy one. I have a carolina style nailed down, but I'm making a bunch of pork for a euro 2012 final party tomorrow and need some alternates for people who don't like vinegar. (heathens)

last few times I've made sauces off of google, the results have sucked, so I'm really hoping for someone's personal secret recipe or something.

I have been slowly eating my way through the mustard sauces of Charlotte and I have found most of them, at least the better ones, are pretty vinegary.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Anyone who brings their children out in public has no right to complain about dogs.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

mich posted:

He is saying that wishing people couldn't have dogs is ironic given how just as annoying and disruptive children can be in public to the people who are not their parents. Generally when children are annoying in public you can blame it more on the parents, just as when dogs are annoying it is seldom their fault but due to having bad owners.

Actually I had just gotten home from a bar were we sat next to some hipster couple who brought there yelling loving kid and then had the gall to complain about all the silent (and cuter than their kid) dogs that other people had brought.

What I am saying is that I hate kids and love dogs.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Drink and Fight posted:

Let me know if you want me to fly over there and dispense some good ol' American-style justice :jihad:

poo poo, you only live half way to Oakland, the worst you could do is maybe cut the guy off in traffic and flip him the bird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

I thought you lived on that weird little island?