Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.
I went to a Friendsgiving with cider-braised Turkey, homemade everything. One of our friends keeps kosher so we made it all from scratch and without dairy to ensure that the meal was parve. tart and lovely cranberry sauce, stuffing rich with hand-made Romanian sausage from the local butcher, sides of garlicky sautéed green beans and broccoli rabe, gingery butternut squash soup, and apple galette, pumpkin cheesecake and pecan custard pie for dessert. I brought the pecan pie and homemade pull-apart yeast rolls- the latter were so simple that they are all I want to eat now!

...and the day after we drove up to Thanksgiving with the in-laws, where my MIL patted me on the stomach before dessert and asked if I was sure I had room in there. (...the gently caress, lady?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Parve cheesecake?

Dessert was later, and no longer subject.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

Doom Rooster posted:

What about people who cook steaks well done?

We ask them politely, yet firmly to leave.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

What is this - or rather, what is it used for? Is it a pork and mushroom stock, or....?

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

The Midniter posted:

Made fresh pasta for the first time for NYE, with the Kitchenaid pasta roller/cutter I gave my wife for Xmas...two years ago. Came out really really well! Tossed it in homemade vodka sauce which also came out aces.

Hope everyone had a delicious and safe NYE, and have a great 2020!

Please let me know what recipe you used! I also picked up one of these attachments as a discount impulse buy, and I'd like to use it before it sits in a box for 2 years as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

Nephzinho posted:

Just do something along the lines of 2 cups flour, 2 eggs, 2 egg yolks, 2-3 tbsp of water, and 1/4-1/2 tsp salt. Knead and add more water if you need. Wrap and rest in the fridge for an hour before rolling out. If you start getting into it you can try different egg::yolk ratios, other flours, and adding flavors.

I picked up some semolina flour as well, but haven't figured out what to use it with yet. I just need to dive in and do it. I've made pasta before, it's just been a long time!