Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Goddam, PFT lookin sharp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

NOW I CAN FINALLY GO TO BED.

Doug Benson showing up in the chat was pretty rad.

substitute
Aug 30, 2003

you for my mum
I made it until about 3am (EST). Who was on after that?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The list (in no particular order):

Bob Saget
Doug Benson
(I think this is where Oliver and Danielle Koenig had a walk-on)
Jon Hamm
Jen Kirkman
Conan O'Brien
Simon Helberg
Laraine Newman
Hugh Fink
Kevin Nealon
Kevin Pollack
Paul Gilmartin
Sarah Silverman
Samm Levine
Scott Aukerman
Colin Hay
Paul F. Tompkins
Danielle Koenig
Rob Corddry
Mike Siegel
Zach Galifianakis
Dave Holmes
Rich Sommer
Greg Behrendt
(Chip Chinnery?)
Todd Levin
Mike Schmidt

EDIT: And if you missed Todd Levin's segment, you missed out on a thing of beauty
:nws: http://i.imgur.com/vnitv.jpg :nws:

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Nov 24, 2012

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
PFT and Behrendt were the funniest imo. I also loved that Greg said he didn't watch cause "who wants to see Paul come on and be perfect then have to follow that?"

substitute
Aug 30, 2003

you for my mum
Doug Benson reappearing several times is this year's "Ghost Hamm".

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

substitute posted:

"Ghost Hamm"
Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a remake to pitch.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I was kinda bummed when Hamm came out so early cause I knew there was no way he'd be drunk

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
ball's in your court
balls in your mouth

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Riptor posted:

ball's in your court
balls in your mouth

Jimmy's reaction made that so delightful.

Radio Talmudist
Sep 29, 2008
So what was the consensus on pard-cast-athon? I saw like half an hour with Pat Francis and Paul Gilmartin, which was pretty funny.

substitute
Aug 30, 2003

you for my mum

Radio Talmudist posted:

So what was the consensus on pard-cast-athon? I saw like half an hour with Pat Francis and Paul Gilmartin, which was pretty funny.

I'm on the east coast, but I think the time change zapped the late night energy present in the previous two years. Or maybe I wasn't drunk / sleep deprived enough through most of it. It's a shame no one was drunk like Jon Hamm last year. Ghost Hamm had me crying-laughing.

There were stand-out guests though, like Conan, Doug Benson, Greg Bernhardt, Paul F Tompkins, Kevin Nealon, Hot Saucerman, Zach G. I enjoyed Laraine Newman and Sarah Silverman too.

Check out the total so far!
http://support.smiletrain.org/site/TR?fr_id=1070&pg=entry

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Pardcast-a-thon '12 went live yesterday. $9.99 for audio and $19.99 for audio + video.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Just heard Scott Aukerman and Jimmy's rendition of 'Baby, It's Cold Outside' for the first time on Scott's tumblr and it's superb.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Is there still an audio-only tier for the new season? I'll subscribe either way, but didn't see it on the Primo page.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

SKULE123 posted:

Is there still an audio-only tier for the new season? I'll subscribe either way, but didn't see it on the Primo page.

nope they announced recently it's just one price now for video and audio

Radio Talmudist
Sep 29, 2008
So I've been revisiting the first season again and I have to remark on Mike's role...the chemistry is generally amazing, but there are definitely awkward moments where either Jimmy or Mike (usually more often Mike) seem personally attacked or offended by a comment. It's weird, I guess they were friends for so long and spent so much time together that they began to rub each other the wrong way. Glad they made amends though.

Does anyone know what the exact reason was for Mike's departure after season 1? I listened to the pertinent episode of The 40 Year Old Boy but Mike doesn't really specify what the breaking point was (if there was a breaking point).

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

My impression is that it was mostly a personal falling out between Jimmy and Mike (at least in part of because of Mike's resentment over Jimmy not using his success to help elevate Mike's career) and possibly also a difference of opinion over how the show should be. I don't recall it ever being specifically stated, though.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

It was basically what you said: they realized they were pissing one another off and Jimmy pulled the plug and told Mike he wasn't on the show anymore

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Any regular listener to Mike Schmidt's podcast would agree that, as funny as he is, he would be a VERY difficult person to be friends with.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

What's a not gay way to ask him to go camping with me?
Who the gently caress wants to listen to a 4 hour podcast?

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Some people, but not a lot, I guess?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I've grown so accustomed to Schmidt's usual running time that this last string of 90 minute episodes make me feel a little cheated.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

caligulamprey posted:

I've grown so accustomed to Schmidt's usual running time that this last string of 90 minute episodes make me feel a little cheated.

FOR REAL. Usually my Thursdays are completely covered by him - commute, gym, busywork around the house. Never have to change tracks. But I've been disappointed lately too!

Radio Talmudist
Sep 29, 2008

tnimark posted:

Any regular listener to Mike Schmidt's podcast would agree that, as funny as he is, he would be a VERY difficult person to be friends with.

Yeah, he's probably one of the funniest people alive today but being his buddy must be the definition of a high-maintenance friendship. I'd be terrified of having to break up fights all the time.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

indigi, are you the one with the pizza topping Stupid Question on this week's ep? It sounded like they said "the indigi".

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

FitFortDanga posted:

indigi, are you the one with the pizza topping Stupid Question on this week's ep? It sounded like they said "the indigi".

It's his question as relayed by another friend of ours, if I've followed the twitter conversations correctly.

edit: also his second Stupid Question, the other one was about which day is better to have off on a 3 day weekend from a few seasons ago.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

FitFortDanga posted:

Haha, yeah that was me on the phone referencing indigi's question because I didn't have one off the top of my head.

I hadn't been in this forum in quite a while because there was no NNF thread, and it and Stop Podcasting Yourself are the only shows I've stuck with through this day.

It was a DREAM being featured on the phone like that on my favorite podcast. I started listening to the show I think around when like 12 episodes of season 2 were out.

And it really did sound to me like he said "Jimmy Carter," and I think anyone on the phone would be like "why is somebody telling me their name is Jimmy Carter on the phone, especially when I don't recognize the number from California?"

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Jesus. I'm listening to the latest episode and they find out about the Boston bombing mid-show.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Holy poo poo, the string of phone calls on the Jesse Thorn episode is hilarious.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I've thought this season's been kind of a bummer (not bad per se, just... so many new people), but I don't think Jimmy hanging up on people will ever get old.

I die every. Goddamn. Time.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

Wow just finished listening to 1217-current and I have been dying, the phone calls are loving great and I definitely enjoy the gambling. Watching the video when Matt cut his mouth on the mic was entirely too funny just because of Jimmy's reaction. It feels more like the "morning zoo" radio show Jimmy shits on occasionally, but they're doing it right and it has been great.

Just need Aukerman, PFT or Danielle to give some familiarity to the end of the season.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
It has to be Scott, he's the only guest that's been on every season.

Radio Talmudist
Sep 29, 2008
I've been out of work for a while so I haven't listened to/purchased the latest season. I'm looking forward to marathoning S12.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Boco_T posted:

It has to be Scott, he's the only guest that's been on every season.

Yeah, not to mention the CBB TV Season 2 starts next week. Perfect time for plugging.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

Aukerman confirmed, I want to wait for the video but they have been on such a hot streak that I'm just gonna listen now.

edit; 2 hours long too!

redz fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jul 8, 2013

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I love it when Aukerman goes super dirty just to upset Jimmy.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

Now that! I don't like! You've got a Paula Dean situation here. I don't like it.

Such a great reversal by Scott.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

So I did not like that season very much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005
I feel like I only watched like 6 episodes this season, most of the guests just didn't interest me.