Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

What's the story behind Jimmy making fun of Chris "Mad Dog" Russo? That's a pretty obscure reference for a comedy podcast.
Jimmy's inability to actually do impressions leads down two paths: obscure enough that you don't know who he's doing so it doesn't matter, or so stupid it works.

Bring back Stallone in a Bottle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I guarantee you the visual I have in my mind of Sinbad getting a tour of the Zubaz factory isn't as good as what actually happened when Sinbad got a tour of the Zubaz factory. There's just no way.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

THREE IN A ROW!

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Radio Talmudist posted:

Likewise. I'll chalk it up as another Never Not Funny mystery (alongside the question of what exact issue was it that lead to Mike leaving the show in season one).
Mike talks a lot, Jimmy felt like he was being overshadowed on his own show, especially when Mike's tone got a little more argumentative (the argument about Jet Li out-of-the-blue challenging Chuck Norris to a fight in a restaurant being the example that gets brought up, usually), which then bled into their personal friendship and

Holy poo poo, I've listened to this show for almost a decade and know far too much about their personal lives.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I remember Matt Belknap from Season 1.

The Matt Belknap of today is funny and delightful.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

piratepilates posted:

Do NNF fans enjoy Elliott/other dudes on the show
It's my favorite thing.

They've always kind of had a Dumb-Guy-too-Dumb-to-Get-It bit through the entire show, Belknap season 1, Pat Francis derailing everything in Season 2 and then Andrew Koenig...

:smith:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

This is the first Pardcast-A-Thon I had to duck out of because I was seeing Animal Collective, but

Reformed Pissboy posted:

Pat doing Michael Winslow falling into a coma during Janet Varney's segment literally made me spit water out of my mouth

I probably made a mistake.

(I also remember an old NNF episode where Jimmy was all "Who is this Panda Bear? Who is this loving snooze?" and it still makes me laugh)

EDIT: Did Benson jump into the chat and gently caress with everyone this year again?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

pretty soft girl posted:

I haven't listened to NNF in a long time but I remember the first time Greg Fitzsimmons guested, he was such an rear end in a top hat that Jimmy had a one-sided feud with him for YEARS for being so disrespectful. Greg had no idea that he basically poo poo all over Jimmy because he's a self-absorbed lunatic.
Jimmy made the mistake of telling Fitzsimmons the show involved "bustin' balls" during the pre-interview and Greg just picked up the ball and ran with it. I think Jimmy even showed up on Fitzdog Radio a month or two after the NNF appearance, too.

That first Fitzsimmons episode is one of my favorites because flustered Jimmy is my favorite Jimmy (see also: every Janet Varney episode).

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I dropped out of this show hard due to Sevens and Hamilton, basically. It's a bummer.

FUN FACT: I'm actually related to Alexander Hamilton on my mother's side (In fact, Hamilton's my middle name because of it) and, oh boy, if you you think you guys are sick of Hamilton dot dot dot.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

First half includes what Warner Bros and Disney characters would play what parts in Hamilton.
Ugh. They are such loving dads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

GoldfishStew posted:

Wait why does anyone think this is a character? What is the character?
It's basically if Ween's 12 Golden Country Greats was a person, but not as good.