Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Finally a thread for my favorite podcast! I've been a subscriber since season 3 and it honestly is the best 25$(gotta get that video) I spend twice a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Mike told it on Jordan Jesse Go on his first appeareance

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I just have to say that I absolutely loved when Matt brought his recorder at some point during season 1 and I think that needs to make a reoccurence. Hopefully for their next big get Belknap can just lay down some backing music for the show

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Have the sklar bros told that kevin meaney story on every single NNF appearance or does it just feel that way?

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I have to assume it's Jimmy Dore right? And it's also very likely that Pardo is reading too much into it

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
They(or Jimmy) were at an airport and they were calling out finished food orders and some guy yelled that and high-fived some stranger as a response to order 69 being done I think

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Belknap can be a snooze but he's no Elliot-talking-about-politics which makes me not want to have a phone or ears

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I really love that they managed to replace the most incompetent intern without someone equally incompetent. Although Dan looking/acting so young made the change to a nearing middleaged man interning at a podcast a little bit sadder

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
The joy of getting to hear Matt and Jimmy experience that god damned wonderful grapefruit video for the first time

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I love the guestless episodes right up until they take calls. They usually lead to some humor but a lot of zeroes calling in. The worst part of a lot of podcasts(especially those with the more old school comedians) is how much they love playing radio. Taking phonecalls, extended ad reads that sort of thing. I mean the NNF ads can be fun sometimes(like that wonderful jizz thighs thing) but sometimes it feels like Jimmy thinks everyone gets the same kick out of straight up ad copy that he does

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
It's been going over for at least a year now, right?

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
What do I like the least: Elliot singing when he shouldn't or the gang defering to his milquetoast "truth is in the middle"-rear end lovely political statements? Impossible to say

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Trump is bad but right-wing liberals are also not very good I wish Jimmy would become a communist

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I wonder if he brought a throwing microphone to Panera

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Paul Rust on today! First half includes what Warner Bros and Disney characters would play what parts in Hamilton. The second half is incredulous reactions that Paul Rust only found Hamilton good and didn't love it. It's almost three years of Hamilton talk now right?

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I've been a paid subscriber since like season 4 and this is the first time I have had unlistened episodes around for more than a few days at a time. Especially that episode with a Hamilton cast member I don't think I'll ever be listening to. And I even listened all the way through that episode from a few years ago with those two shitheads that produced Conan web content and loved talking about the friend zone.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
It is amazing how consistently blah he is

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I'm so sad about how crazy and terrible Jen Kirkman became post-election

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
It's all Bernie Bros are paid Russians or brainwashed and in a cult now

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I'm still on board and they have mostly dropped talking about Hamilton. Show's always pretty good but certain guests just bring out the extremely bland 50-year old centrist Democrat takes which are snoozeville. It's still always one I prioritize over any other show on the days it drops.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Jimmy is fun and great, Matt can be funny and otherwise is usually game except for his weird hostility and Garon's life is so dumb that it usually can have some fun mined from it but you are right, Eliot is just the loving worst. I think his extremely dumb political views that are taken as smart and good points annoy me the most but there's not much redeeming there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy

Not Operator posted:

I'm fully checked out, but kinda fascinated to know where they are right now politically, as some of the most uninspiring people on earth vie for the democratic nomination.

They just had a guy on who is big on Twitter, is a fiscal conservative and social liberal(I.e. the dumbest political stance), and thinks people who like Bernie are as bad as white supremacists if that helps