Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sambafish
Sep 24, 2008

If you havin' hull problems I feel bad for you son/
I got 99 problems, but a breach ain't one/

pretty soft girl posted:

That said, I also can't be mad at the man who elicited "bag of corn, friend!" out of Jimmy. Or was that Graham?

It was Graham, who also has his fair share of haters.

The Fitzsimmon's episode was surprisingly cordial, especially in contrast to 505. What's interesting (to me at least) is if you listen to Greg Fitzsimmon's podcast with Jimmy on it as guest it actually starts with Greg acting very similar to the way he acted on 505 (giving Pardo no reaction to his jokes) and then slowly either Pardo starts winning him over or Fitzsimmons starts faking it. By the end of the episode Greg seems like a completely different person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sambafish
Sep 24, 2008

caligulamprey posted:

Richard Lewis just pulled a 505.

That's what I'm calling that now.

Wow, you're not kidding. He's certainly the most argumentative guest I can recall since Fitzsimmons' first appearance.

sambafish
Sep 24, 2008

caligulamprey posted:

That's how I felt with Fitzsimmons, too. I enjoyed it.

Well by his own admission, it wasn't entirely shtick on the part of Fitzsimmons.

quote:

Flustered Jimmy is the best Jimmy. See also: Janet Varney.
Gumbo go on a plate, sandwich go in a bowl.

Of all the NNF guests Janet Varney is probably the best at calling Jimmy on some of the ridiculous things he says.

sambafish
Sep 24, 2008

Scylla posted:

Welcome to the club!

What blows my mind is (you probably know this but anyway), the original "40-Year Old Boy" podcast was supposed to be Pat Francis co-hosting with Mike Schmidt. I would have listened to every second of that.

Pat Francis couldn't make it to the first episode, though, so Schmidt went solo, and the rest is history. The "40-Year Old Boy" podcast as it is now, with his producer Lily constantly laughing off-mike? I listen every now and then, but I'm not a fan.

Wow! I consider myself to be a pretty big fan of NNF, but this is the first I've heard of this. That would be a much better show IMO.