Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

FitFortDanga posted:

Anyone else listening to Rock Solid? I enjoy it, even though Pat Francis has the most wretched taste in music.

Yes, and YES!

Also, co-host Gary Lucy was NNF's guest in Episode 923.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

kuddles posted:

Okay, I'm thinking of taking a chance on this because I've seen/heard enough clips that suggest this would probably be my thing. How do the subscription episodes work? Can you download them? I usually listen to podcasts in transit or at work so I was kind of turned off by the fact that with most paid podcasts I was forced to stream them from a website.

Yup, you should get them. I've been a subscriber since Season 7, no regrets at all.

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

I'm a week late, but I gotta say the Laura House episode is pretty meh (I had no idea who she was). I could have done without all that meditation talk.

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Does that start tonight?

Tonight and tomorrow, according to his Facebook page.

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

Almost exactly one year ago (March 14, 2013). Episode Forty-Nine, Year Five ("Almost") is the one you're looking for.

And yeah, the last 20 minutes are unbelievable.

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

Brock Samson posted:

Can't wait to find out who this douche comedian is. Gotta watch the upcoming Tonight Show guests I guess?
That was a pretty good episode, but holy poo poo, Kilmartin's cackling... :stare:

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

caligulamprey posted:

Mike talks a lot, Jimmy felt like he was being overshadowed on his own show, especially when Mike's tone got a little more argumentative (the argument about Jet Li out-of-the-blue challenging Chuck Norris to a fight in a restaurant being the example that gets brought up, usually), which then bled into their personal friendship and

Holy poo poo, I've listened to this show for almost a decade and know far too much about their personal lives.
Welcome to the club!

What blows my mind is (you probably know this but anyway), the original "40-Year Old Boy" podcast was supposed to be Pat Francis co-hosting with Mike Schmidt. I would have listened to every second of that.

Pat Francis couldn't make it to the first episode, though, so Schmidt went solo, and the rest is history. The "40-Year Old Boy" podcast as it is now, with his producer Lily constantly laughing off-mike? I listen every now and then, but I'm not a fan.

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

Radio Talmudist posted:

IIRC, wasn't Pat also due to be the first guest of NNF, and Mike subbed in instead (sticking around for 59 episodes)?

I just listened to episodes 1-2 again -- Pat was supposed to be a guest on ep. 2, but his wife was sick and he couldn't make it (no mention of him not being there on ep. 1). Afterwards he (edit: or another guest) came in every 4 episodes.

Scylla fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Jul 20, 2015

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

Boredumb posted:

Does anyone know what off-show drama they are talking about on the new episode with Pat Francis?

Some info here (warning: reddit link)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

More here

(Facebook group, look for the post starting with "Can someone explain what's happened between Jimmy and Pat?")