Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

FitFortDanga posted:

indigi, are you the one with the pizza topping Stupid Question on this week's ep? It sounded like they said "the indigi".
Haha, yeah that was me on the phone referencing indigi's question because I didn't have one off the top of my head.

I hadn't been in this forum in quite a while because there was no NNF thread, and it and Stop Podcasting Yourself are the only shows I've stuck with through this day.

It was a DREAM being featured on the phone like that on my favorite podcast. I started listening to the show I think around when like 12 episodes of season 2 were out.

And it really did sound to me like he said "Jimmy Carter," and I think anyone on the phone would be like "why is somebody telling me their name is Jimmy Carter on the phone, especially when I don't recognize the number from California?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
It has to be Scott, he's the only guest that's been on every season.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

redz posted:

Ben Schwartz, holy poo poo! This should be a good one.
It's really good this week. He manages to fit in with the tone and pace immediately. I hope he becomes a once-a-season.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Regular audio episodes are in the free feed only, I think.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

redz posted:

Oh I thought the Player's Club audio feed would still have all of the episodes. Have they said what day the 2nd weekly ep will drop?
Monday, I don't remember if it's specifically Sunday night or Monday night. They were soliciting Stupid Questions on Twitter today so they were clearly recording it.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
They didn't actually post the SF Sketchfest live episode yet. I hope there are more details on that too.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

tnimark posted:

I'm 10 minutes into the guest portion of the new Players Club episode and these two guys have been just been complaining about how hard it is to be in the friendzone. The subject needs to change or this is going to be unbearable.
I wasn't watching the video so I couldn't tell for sure which one was the worst, but I think it's the guy that plays video games with Conan. He was a horrible guest, their podcast sounds awful, and then he wraps it up by telling one of the worst stories I've ever heard about a lovely friend of his and then he's like "oh no this guy's still my best friend!"

At least this episode was only for paid subscribers? That's about all you can say for it.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
The Jessica/Lennon episode was one of my favorite episodes of the show, I think.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I thought he meant like someone he knew from high school that he was Facebook friends with, not somebody he knew now

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Grapefruit Simmons

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Is that a Hamilton thing, still? I retired from listening to NNF after it had been my favorite show from season 2-17. I felt like I'd heard enough by then.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Was the episode with Demi good? I have been a fan of him on Twitter for years and I was considering buying it one-off even though I retired from listening to the show at the end of season 17.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I was completely out of other shows to listen to and I was mad that the last episode of Threedom was entirely them playing their awful "features" so I downloaded the Jameela Jamil episode. It was really good. She immediately got it and was very funny. It was for sure a mistake to listen to the part before where she came in, so I'll skip that when I listen to the Chris Fairbanks one. Maybe I can get away with listening to a few episodes here and there and not be exhausted by it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I ended up listening to about 10 from 2018 with proven guests: Andy Daly, Demi, Chris Fairbanks, Jackie Kashian, Cristela. I added the free feed (Stitcher version) to my app but I mostly refresh and see that it's not someone I'm interested in enough to download and wait for the next one. Last one that I bothered with was April Richardson from Halloween. But it's worked out well enough for me to recommend. Still incredible to me how exactly the same the show has been for a decade at this point.