Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
How the hell does buying old seasons work? I went to the site, bought season 8, but didn't get any kind of download link or anything. Do they email it to you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Harm Barn Gumshoe posted:

Should be links on the "Primo" page; if there aren't then email them.

blugh - I bought it, the paypal went through, money went away and yet I see no links on that page you link to. I emailed Matt yesterday; haven't heard anything back. Hopefully I can get this worked out soon - I'm going to Mexico on Wednesday and wanted the eps to listen to during the flight

EDIT: Now it's working! Woohoo!

Riptor fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jun 18, 2012

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

kuddles posted:

Okay, I'm thinking of taking a chance on this because I've seen/heard enough clips that suggest this would probably be my thing. How do the subscription episodes work? Can you download them? I usually listen to podcasts in transit or at work so I was kind of turned off by the fact that I was forced to stream them from a website.

You absolutely should get them; they're totally worth it. They download just like normal podcasts; what you do is pay for it on the site, log into the website, and you're provided with an iTunes link. You click that, open iTunes, download all the episodes then transfer them onto your ipod or whatever like any other podcast

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

bandolier posted:

he must make a lot of terrible first impressions because not everyone's idea of humor is "say something terrible about someone and assume they know you intended it to be jocular." You expect it from people like Rickles or Dangerfield who had established shticks but that sort of playful antagonism can be off-putting.

This is spot-on. I love Jimmy but sometimes when he relates an experience like this I just think "well what the hell did you expect?"

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

ball's in your court
balls in your mouth

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

SKULE123 posted:

Is there still an audio-only tier for the new season? I'll subscribe either way, but didn't see it on the Primo page.

nope they announced recently it's just one price now for video and audio

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

It was basically what you said: they realized they were pissing one another off and Jimmy pulled the plug and told Mike he wasn't on the show anymore

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

I think in general this past season just needed more regularly appearing familiar guests. There seemed to be periodic runs of 3-4 weeks or so each with first timers. Which most of them were pretty great (excepting Bob Zany) but the show is best when it remains grounded I think

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Apparently Andy Richter is busy for the next couple days so Jimmy is subbing as the sidekick on Conan! That's awesome; should lead to some excellent podding-cast stories

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

I'm mildly to severely in love with Jen Kirkman

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Man I thought Al Jackson was a great first timer

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Radio Talmudist posted:

I'm already loving this season. I do hope the gambling fades out, however. It's just boring.

It does.

Also, anyone know what Jimmy was talking about with regards to a phone call about "the biggest business decision of [his and Matt's] lives"?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

yeah i'm guessing the same, and agreed with urk

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Is there no ep today?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

nevermind! just plopped. rachel quaintance

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

This rules, and it's pretty great to see NNF become part of Earwolf since Jimmy and Scott seem so friendly

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Opened the fridge at work today to find Purity Organic juice there

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Nothing's popping up in my Players Club feed in Downcast :(

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Just got through on the phone to what I assume was a Players Club episode being recorded - I was clearly one of the middle callers because even though on Twitter they were offering that you could win a book (maybe with Jen Kirkman?) they didn't even get into that with me. Still hilarious.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

There's Never Not Notes, which is a play by play of every episode. Do you have any specific questions?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

bobbbyyyyyyy

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Radio Talmudist posted:

Did anyone think that last episode with Adam Scott was funny....but a little awkward? Adam seemed rather unenergetic. Still a good episode.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Hope it doesn't turn new listeners off

Radio Talmudist posted:

How long are the players club episodes? I plan to sign up for it once I get some extra cash.

Same length as the free ones; it's essentially the exact same show (so far, I could see them introducing some changes)

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Radio Talmudist posted:

Also, I just want to say that Eliot is clearly a smart, kind and wonderful person....but I could listen to Jimmy rail into him all day. It's honestly like magic to hear Jimmy stop a joke because of an innocuous comment from Eliot....and then go off like a nuke.

if my eyes had fists they would be punching you

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

I love jimmy referring to Uhh Yeah Dude as "gently caress Yeah Dad"

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

mike schmidt is a weird dude

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

yeah Jimmy said it was basically that they were butting heads and feelings of resentment were starting to rise, so Jimmy basically tried to save the friendship by booting him off, which fortunately appears to have happened. also mike isn't that funny

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Drunkboxer posted:

I'm new to this podcast since it's been on earwolf. Did Conan buy them steaks or what?

He took them for steaks!

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Matt "Alwuz" Belknap

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

haha awesome, Dan Katz is the guest on the players club

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

yesssss it was my suggestion on twitter for them to do the whole episode of singing

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

I do not lyq myq kaplan

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

urk the quack posted:

I think that's his hook, since he has grad work in linguistics (hence, name change from Mike to "Myq")

which is a completely ridiculous thing to claim as your hook as a standup. It's not like other comics aren't into wordplay and clever turns of phrase

Riptor fucked around with this message at 19:44 on May 28, 2014

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Boy oh boy, 0 for 2 on the guests this week IMO

Fingers crossed next week is like, Todd Glass and PFT or something

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Oh I never skip them. Even with a guest like Thorn this is my favorite podcast

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Oliver is loving awesome

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

caligulamprey posted:

Bring back Stallone in a Bottle.

yeah but you are being that guy

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Sinbad seems insane in the best way possible. His energy reminded me a bit of when David Alan Grier would be on loveline

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Had never heard of him before and boy did I not dig his music from the episode

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Players club ep with Chris Fairbanks just plopped which is good because I really did not like that austin bonus ep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

FitFortDanga posted:

C'mon, it's got Cajun Jimmy!

oh those parts were great, don't get me wrong. There's just a different vibe for live eps, and the audience seemed to not really be that into it. They totally need to do a live ep in SHREVEPORT though