Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
also chris fairbanks is such a weirdo and one of my favorite guests

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Weird Al on Thursdays ep. That is awesome, especially give Jimmy's running joke of "writing parody songs is the easiest thing in the world"

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

He actually mentions in the Ben Gleib episode that it was not picked up

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Oh whoops sorry I am dumb

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

lol at Jimmy accidentally mentioning Garon working for Uber, then saying "let's cut that" and then Matt/Elliott forgetting to cut it

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Jimmy's apparently hosting a game show on the Science channel now

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

(Jimmy says something funny)
(Jason Nash makes a sound like a slowly deflating balloon)

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Billy Gnosis posted:

This might only be funny/embarrassing to me, but I only just realized from listening to the Guy Branum episode that Danielle Koenig (Jimmy's wife) is not the same person as Sarah Koenig (serial podcast). I honestly thought Jimmy's wife did Serial as a funny bit of trivia (to not NNF listeners)

We wish you well, as we do all Koenig confusers

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Yeah i noticed that too, crazy

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Two teams... of three competitors... locked in identical rooms

Y'UNDERSTAND?!

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Larry Miller is an old man now

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Oh wow i had no idea about that either

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Shovelbearer posted:

I didn't know who Larry Miller was but his seeming like an old man didn't bother me. I just felt like I was listening to Jimmy having a good time with a good-natured older comedy pro with a lot of insight and a peaceful charm, but to each their own.

go listen to some old Larry Miller bits and then compare him to his appearance on NNF. It didn't bother me either, per se, it just reminded me that we're all going to die someday

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Mollymauk posted:

I was expecting the other Pardo bump, where that link would tell me she just died.

When Jimmy referred to betty white as "the golden girl who isn't dead", i thought welp she will be soon now

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

anyone have any idea what episode the original "69! Up top! My brother!" story is from? As I recall they were in an airport or something

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Drunkboxer posted:

Matt Belknap seems nice but he may be the most boring man alive.

I love Matt because he's such a dork dad kinda guy but man I like him a lot better when I'm just listening to the audio. The man cannot make eye contact

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

I like when this thread is active

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Does the RSS link exist yet for anyone else who's already bought the next season(s)? I'm not seeing it but I've also had weird issues in the past with the site not recognizing my credentials

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

perfect, thanks

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Eliot's stone temple pilots covers :lol:

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

oh my god i missed that somehow

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

boy that greg fitzsimmons sure seems like a good guy

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Yeah i mean he just casually dropped the term "half a fag" in 2016 with no hint of irony or apology or anything. He seems like Carolla light to me

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Pryor on Fire posted:

I know that you younger folks might have trouble believing this, but fag was a word used quite commonly and with many different meanings. In the 80s I had married lesbians call me, a straight man, a fag for wanting to see the Princess Bride when it first came out, and they did so without a shred of malice or irony. The term was often thrown around with meanings that had nothing to do with sexuality before it became an edgy insult again briefly before being ridden out of usage in the past few years. Don't lose your poo poo when someone still uses it, they're probably just old as gently caress and trust me you forget what is acceptable this week or not once you start getting up there. :)

this is a dumb argument and one that Jimmy very maturely stopped making on the very show we're talking about a few years ago

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

loving :lol: at the guest today

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

I love Gannon

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I have no idea where to start now that I have 13 seasons and have not listened to a single episode

Any suggestions?

Anything with Todd Glass, Graham Elwood, Scott Aukerman, Paul F Tompkins, Danielle Koenig, or Pat Francis. I feel like they're the most relaxed, loosey goosey shows they have

EDIT: Also Andy Daly, who in some of the old ones is kind of hilariously listed as Andrew Daly

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Aparna "Sporadic Accent" Nancherla

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Julie Dixon Jackson is femalelliot

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Not Operator posted:

Oh man. Is this the year they break the Aukerman streak?

Nope!

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Players club. NNF is my favorite podcast and has been for about five years now. I was a primo member initially but then as soon as they started doing two eps a week it was a no brainer

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Players Club episodes, in my view, are nearly indistinguishable from non-Players Club eps. The only thing is the periodic episodes without any guests, which I love because I find them more relaxed and full of great riffing and bullshittery

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Bil Dwyer is both a nightmare and a genius

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

I was listening to an old episode of My Brother My Brother and Me and they were reading a letter from someone who had a friend with an alligator phobia, and at some point that friend had been convinced there was a gator outside her window, on the second floor

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Yeah I love the show but it sucks that JUST as Jimmy was moving past Hamilton, Matt picked it up. Oy

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

When Matt mentioned Steven Wright and Jimmy made some comment about "ask him about saving lives on 9/11", was he thinking of Steve Rannazzisi? Or is there some weird 9/11 story involving Steven Wright I'm unaware of?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Ha, really? I liked how wildly embarrassed Jimmy got after the first thing he talked about was beating off to her and then couldn't get that out of his head the rest of the show

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

I think the fact it was a live show affected that too. They have a very different energy than the in-studio eps, and I'm not always a huge fan of the difference.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

What a spergy fuckin story from Mike Kaplan about berating a girl on a date

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

I reject his dumb spelling