Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Woody Allen as Aaron Burr is the first time I've ever wanted to shut the podcast off HOO BOY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

I don't mind him generally but it does drive me nuts where every time he sings he'll do it super seriously and soulfully whereas Jimmy and Matt tend to do it as more of a joke

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

tnimark posted:

I very much enjoy the Never Not Funny podcast with Jimmy Pardo and the gang.

agreed

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Not Operator posted:

I could listen to all the Hamilton talk in the world if they promised to drop the climax themed gameshow brainstorming. Every time Matt starts to explain it to a new guest I just loving hate it so much.

this is incorrect

also i'm the one who suggested calling it Glug on twitter

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

yeah seriously what on earth

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

no jimmy is good and trump is unbelievably bad

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

I think Jimmy still acknowledges his shortcomings when it comes to the nuances and details of politics but when you have a president who's literally shitposting memes on Twitter you dont really have to have a degree in political science to comment on it. And I just don't see how not commenting on things is a reasonable expectation in this environment

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

Because Jimmy isn't good at it and the show sucks because of it.

Counterpoint: whatever

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Tom Arnold is loving insane

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Also while I'm really glad that Jimmy and Anthony Rapp get along... boy oh boy, while Anthony seems like a nice guy I'm not sure he's ever actually laughed at anything or made a joke. Dude just comes off as guarded and kinda dismissive

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Neither is Jon Hamm but the dude knows how to hang

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Hmm good point I guess Anthony Rapp is hilarious!

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

I get what he was saying; that the spectacle of the editing and music and whatnot didn't compensate for the fact that the story was lackluster

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Gannon has been constantly soliciting dates/potential orgies via Twitter for the last week or so and while it's extraordinarily desperate it has the potential for some excellent Jimmy material

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

have you guys ever heard of hamilton

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

It's still good honestly but Hamilton is in LA now so yikes

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

I was a guest on their new game show podcast pilot yesterday and it was very fun and very like, pure Jimmy. Got to play a game against rich sommer

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

I was dreading the Hamiton cast member episode but I thought it was actually pretty okay. He's an interesting guy and they talk about his other work (Book of Mormon, most notably) and when they did talk about Hamilton it was in a fairly interesting context, like how he was in the cast when Pence was in the audience

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Yo so yeah the pilot, at least, is called Playing Games with Jimmy Pardo. It's a call-in quiz show where three callers battle to go up against a celebrity guest (mine was rich sommer) and it was really great! The guests and the conversations give Jimmy a ton of material, and the fact they run it from a lovely webex adds a layer of confusion (am I muted right now? Should I respond? Am I on a delay?) that adds this degree of chaos in which i think Jimmy's sense of humor flourishes

I came in second ultimately by the way

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Do you guys not like the Gang shows either?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Huh interesting. I like them all

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

FitFortDanga posted:

Who has to clean up all those names Summers dropped?

Seriously

I liked summers way more than I expected but hoo boy he can shove his Leno opinions up his rear end

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

I think maybe the bloom is off the rose for you guys and you should find another show

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

I will admit that the Hamilton talk drives me up the loving wall and is 100% of the time Matt's fault nowadays

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

I'm the guy who hosed up playing against rich sommer

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

That's hilarious and awesome

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Correct, that is spergy. People different from you have had different experiences, especially online

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Lol at Jimmy effectively asking the listeners to commit fraud on his behalf in the latest players club ep

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

He was asking people to go to the links for their advertisers and enter in promo codes even if you don't intend to buy anything

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Other than Hamilton chat, which is a super valid criticism and which has mercifully abated, I don't really think there's any difference in the show now vs years ago :confused:

I still love it

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Oh it was all on Elliot's end though

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

who would've thought rob reiner of all people would be outspoken about liberal issues

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Guys you can just go, it's ok

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

FitFortDanga posted:

Gotta say I'm almost tempted to check back in to hear discussion of the "Cats" trailer. But that would be a Player's Club episode, so never mind.

ok

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

They just had Christian Finnegan on who lives in nyc

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Zerot posted:

I don't really have much to say about the show except I enjoy the entire cast and Jimmy Pardo is still my favorite comedian. It held up much better than I expected when they had to start recording over Zoom. They've been able to get more varied guests, too.

yeah this is my take on it too. they've also made a concerted effort to have more guests of color, which was sorely needed in my opinion.

also as I've said this mostly doesn't work as a drop-in-drop-out, listen-when-there's-an-interesting-guest kinda show - it pays off most when you listen consistently. which, if that's not your bag, that's fine!

I will say I'm not hugely on-board with the isolation files (the third episode they do every week where they play some sort of trivia game) since it tends to be very slow and sometimes has a visual component, and I only really bother with the audio version

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

They're back in the studio as of today's ep for anyone interested

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Also Art19, of which Matt Belknap is cofounder and SVP, was just sold to Amazon https://variety.com/2021/digital/ne...ykdSyPmzerToqoo

Riptor fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jun 28, 2021