Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

What's a not gay way to ask him to go camping with me?
Just noticed the thread for NNF. This is my one true and favorite podcast. I listen to a handful of others but this is the real deal.

Still loving Dice's lady.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redz
Sep 19, 2003

Nothing beats Graham talking about buying his suit. It's a pretty ancient episode (probably season 4? maybe earlier) but just a great one. A lot of the guests this season have been... different but I certainly not enjoying it any less. Well worth the extra $5 for video too.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

I want to listen to Todd describe merchandise QVC style every day.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

Richard Lewis then Paul Reiser, holy poo poo Jimmy is marking off his dream guests pretty rapidly this season.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

Who the gently caress wants to listen to a 4 hour podcast?

redz
Sep 19, 2003

Wow just finished listening to 1217-current and I have been dying, the phone calls are loving great and I definitely enjoy the gambling. Watching the video when Matt cut his mouth on the mic was entirely too funny just because of Jimmy's reaction. It feels more like the "morning zoo" radio show Jimmy shits on occasionally, but they're doing it right and it has been great.

Just need Aukerman, PFT or Danielle to give some familiarity to the end of the season.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

Aukerman confirmed, I want to wait for the video but they have been on such a hot streak that I'm just gonna listen now.

edit; 2 hours long too!

redz fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jul 8, 2013

redz
Sep 19, 2003

Now that! I don't like! You've got a Paula Dean situation here. I don't like it.

Such a great reversal by Scott.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

That was like 2 years ago?

Yea if you watch this for the guests then I could see why this season would be a disappointment. All I listen for is Jimmy being Jimmy, Matt's occasional great joke and Elliot being poo poo on.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

Jimmy got a lot more air time than I thought he would, and he killed it. There was actually a guy in the crowd with a Pardo sign too.

Conan also have NNF a plug right at the top of the show.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

Jen was great, and if they didn't bet Matt would have never delivered the "Sister likes to dance" line, which was perfect.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o47XV2hA3A

redz
Sep 19, 2003

Ben Schwartz, holy poo poo! This should be a good one.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

gently caress I was expecting the 2 shows a week since they sent that survey a month or two back, but joining Earwolf came out of left field. Holy. poo poo. Amazing. I'll still be giving them the money but I really hope it exposes more people to NNF.

Podcast history y'all.

Just bought a year sub for $69

redz fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jan 9, 2014

redz
Sep 19, 2003

I guess they are going all out to get the new listeners and then hopefully get them to join The Player's Club. I like the new direction, I really hope it works out for them.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

Boco_T posted:

Regular audio episodes are in the free feed only, I think.

Oh I thought the Player's Club audio feed would still have all of the episodes. Have they said what day the 2nd weekly ep will drop?

redz fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jan 31, 2014

redz
Sep 19, 2003

urk the quack posted:

Sunday night they'll release the Players Club video

also the video dropped, with the first 18 minutes..well, I won't ruin it. I thought I wasn't going to like it but I turned around pretty dang quickly at a certain point.

Oh man, can't wait to hear Jimmy give it to Elliot for this. It's hilarious, but Jimmy is gonna take him to task for sure.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

Greggy posted:

I wasn't expecting guests in the extra episodes so seeing Dave Holmes was a nice surprise. I love that it comes out Sunday night as well, I didn't have any podcasts that came out on the weekend prior to this.

Also I've been listening to old seasons and it's really made me miss Dan Katz. They gave him poo poo on the old shows but it is funny how fast he was at looking things up. Besides that he was also just a silly guy in a way Garon isn't, not that I have anything against Garon.

And speaking of old shows, I'm glad they've gotten away from the whole "Never Not Funny Curse" thing like Matt mentioned in the Player's Club ep. Jimmy references 20 obscure people from the 70s per episode so it's not that crazy when one of the ones he talked about happens to die afterwards.

I was seriously thinking about sending an email requesting Dan as a guest, I've been listening to season 7 lately and I do miss Dan. He would be a fine guest on the Player's Club.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

Adam Scott! Another good episode, was a little sad to see Jimmy explain the AK-47 thing, but he followed it up with another great joke at Elliot's expense.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

So Jimmy mentioned last week that he was going to be on an episode of Maron and this week he reveal's he is shooting a pilot?! I want Jimmy Pardo on my television. On the Conan stage too, maybe it'll be a Conaco production, seems like that would have a better chance of making it.

Apparently he mentioned it on a live episode but I guess I haven't listened to it yet.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

Radio Talmudist posted:

I don't typically listen to the live shows....and I'm not sure why. I remember that a few have some truly hilarious moments (like whenever Pat Francis reads an ebay message). I think I need to fix that starting with this season.

I was listening to an old live ep and it happened to be the one where a recently widowed woman messaged him through ebay in regards to negative feedback he left her husband. I don't think his letters get any better than that one.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

urk the quack posted:

PFT Day!

Pleeeeeease bring back Robert

E: Elliot is really upping his A/V game lately. I like the additions to the eps and love the new intro, but I hope they don't overdo it.

I know it's for ipods and what not but they really need to up the video quality. Doesn't even seem like it's 480p with how washed out it always looks.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

Riptor posted:

haha awesome, Dan Katz is the guest on the players club

Yea yea yea.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

Enjoyed the Myq Kaplan episode and although I have a dislike for Jesse Thorn I don't even undertand, Oliver carried me through the episode. It was really interesting hearing Jimmy interact with him, it was all I had ever hoped it would be.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

Conduit for Sale! posted:

lets talk about Todd glass' episode since the forums were down. That Naturebox ad was amazing. I wish Todd did ads on his own show.

I really wish we could have heard what they cut out. Todd Glass was great and so was Sinbad. Loving the 2 episodes a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redz
Sep 19, 2003

That was a bummer to find out. Hopefully something else comes up for him. I want to see Jimmy Pardo on television regularly.