Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Here is a really funny Larry Miller story. Go to 2:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQtUMVJW0zo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
He goes by Fitz-dog and he's one of the last comedians left that is afraid to say anything about Howard Stern because he thinks it'll gently caress with his plugs. What do you expect from someone like that?

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Just curious, are most of you that post in this thread Player's Club members or just listen to the free episodes like me?

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

FitFortDanga posted:

I was looking forward to Diane Franklin, but I'm 10 minutes into her appearance and she's in the running for top 5 worst guests ever. I'm thinking cocaine is involved.

Same here. She was great on the podcast I Was There Too but that was a shorter, more focused appearance. I had to turn this one off after 10 minutes. I went back to see if I could skip to when it got good, but it seems like it never did.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Does anyone think a game show with Jimmy as host would actually be any good? Every time they mention a game show he seems to get all butturt that he isn't hosting one and that he'd be better than the hosts they have now.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
The new episode with Romesh Ranganathan was the best one in months. He got the vibe early on, was really funny, and they didn't get into any Hamilton or bad music talk. You should check out his standup on YouTube and his interviews with other comedians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEw4kxAFchQ

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I've always liked Jen's comedy but I enjoy her best when it is her standup or she's a guest on someone else's show. I had to unfollow her on Twitter and unsub from her podcast because it became too repetitive hitting the same political points (that I might even agree with) and she would spend long segments of her podcast singing along to Madonna and Michael Jackson songs. I thought she was great on NNF though.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
You could always pull a WTF and fast forward through the beginning until the guest arrives. I only listen to the free shows and if it's a guest from broadway or a soap opera I skip it.The best guest he's had on this year was Romesh Ranganathan; firstly because he's a funny guy, but also because they didn't already have a history with him so the appearance didn't devolve into the usual boring conversations.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
They've never liked to have guests remotely via phone or online, because it's much better to have them in studio, which I agree with. This limits them to a group of locals that they recycle over and over, and I get that too. Now that they are doing shows via Zoom (like all other talk shows) why are they still recycling those same locals? They can get guests from anywhere in the world, including a bunch of New York comics that would be great on the show but I guess Matt is too stuck in his ways to think outside the controlled community he's developed.

Also Jimmy isn't a real working comedian. He's just a guy with an hour that he augments with crowdwork. He'd have to be doing sets at several clubs a week, working on new bits to be a real working comedian. It isn't the 80s anymore where he can parlay that hour into a network deal and a sitcom.

Sorry that's been building up and I have nowhere else to complain about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
This week's episode with Cheryl Hines is fantastic, and in a very different way than an other good episode. If you haven't heard it yet, go into it know that Jimmy has no idea about Cheryl's personal life or views until the very end of the episode. Jimmy doesn't know when he makes a joke about JFK's head getting blown off that Cheryl is married to Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. (JFK's nephew). He also goes off about anti-vaxxers and RFK Jr. is one of the most prominent anti-vaxxers in the world. Cheryl sat in silence. To further complicate things Hines just signed on with Misfit Toys to produce and and release her podcast, the podcast network that Jimmy Pardo and Matt Belknap run.