Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
From what I remember (haven't listened to the ep since it came out) they stopped being friends cause Mike was resentful, aggressively cynical and argumentative. You can hear it come out on some episodes of NNF where he purposely brings up stuff or says stuff he knows gets on Jimmy's nerves just so he can fight about it. If you've ever seen the video from Jimmy's bachelor party, when Mike walks up to the podium he immediately starts giving Jimmy poo poo cause he wasn't giving Mike his full undivided attention. I'm sure a friendship that's devolved into that gets tiring after a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I'd say go with seven cause that one has all my favorite guests (Jesse Thorn, Janet Varney, Greg Behrendt, PFT)

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Oh, if that's what you're stuck on, you gotta go with 7. That Writer's Room was way better (from the lineup to having Jimmy Dore on it to Jimmy Pardo's overall energy) , and the Live at MaxFunCon episode (which I was there for!) has one of the - gently caress that, THE - funniest Matt Belknap line in the history of the show. Jimmy and Pat literally fell out of their chairs laughing. This was taken in the aftermath by the oft-mentioned Darryl Asher:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

this may not be 100% accurate, but I want you to remember this smell the next time you buy garbage bags

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

It seriously got a Def Jam style response from the audience, despite it being 10AM and every one of us being hung over

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

You know a fun thing to do if you have every season? Pick a frequent guest (I recommend Dave Holmes and Graham Elwood) and go back and listen to each of their appearances in order and see how many times they talk about the exact same thing in slightly different ways.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

This season's been good, but mostly doubles so far. And the last new guest that was really a home run was Tig.

The fact that Bill Burr hasn't been on yet boggles my loving mind. And it's not a scheduling thing cause they record their podcasts at the same time except Bill does his laying in his bed or on his couch. Maybe Jimmy's just afraid of another Fitzsimmons incident?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I get the sentiment about Dore even though I like him, but Gilmartin?! I love that guy!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Radio Talmudist posted:

Has anyone here been to one of the NNF live shows? The next time he comes to NYC I absolutely have to go.

I've been to one at Lake Arrowhead (the best one) and one in NYC, both were great, definitely get your rear end to Mars.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Moving the Pardcastathon to noon-midnight is a real wimpy move

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I have such a big crush on Jen Kirkman.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

PFT and Behrendt were the funniest imo. I also loved that Greg said he didn't watch cause "who wants to see Paul come on and be perfect then have to follow that?"

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I was kinda bummed when Hamm came out so early cause I knew there was no way he'd be drunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

caligulamprey posted:

I've grown so accustomed to Schmidt's usual running time that this last string of 90 minute episodes make me feel a little cheated.

FOR REAL. Usually my Thursdays are completely covered by him - commute, gym, busywork around the house. Never have to change tracks. But I've been disappointed lately too!