Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

imnotinsane
Jul 19, 2006
I am a little bit confused, why exactly are some people under the impression that democracy cant work or rather should not be implemented in China? I can understand superficially why the people in power would not want democracy as that may lead to them losing power but I can't see a legitimate reason for democracy not to be the end goal for China.

And if that was the case, what is the alternative for China? Perhaps I am biased since I have always taken for granted the freedoms permitted by a democracy but what are the alternatives that benefit the people and actually give them freedom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imnotinsane
Jul 19, 2006
When did this become the Japanese thread about comfort women? I thought this thread was about China? Maybe you guys could start a thread about Japan and post in there instead of this massive derail?

imnotinsane
Jul 19, 2006
Was wondering if there are any suggested books about the early push for communism in China, specifically where did it gain traction (universities, foreign influence etc), what people thought about it before the ccp took control, were there other competing influences (outside of the nationalist I guess) and was it around during the revolution against the Qing Dynasty or did it all develop after then.

imnotinsane
Jul 19, 2006
Thanks for the replies, I’ll have to check out the podcast and videos mentioned