Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Same in Beijing. The original three cases during that grace period were traced to a club. All bars, clubs and entertainment venues are closed until further notice. However, restaurants can still operate at limited capacity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

Heaven Supermarket Bar owns. It's always weird seeing a place you know and have been to come up in dire international news.

Yeah, it's a fun place to wander into at 2am. You end up playing dice with tons of strangers, drinking fake mojitos until Dawn.

Good times. RIP

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Oh no, how could a tech conglomerate spy on people?!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

BrainDance posted:

Also every insurance plan I've looked at specifically mentions they wont cover HIV. Not that I suspect I'd ever get HIV, but, then, what happens if you're Chinese and you have HIV? Central rural China has that whole history with the disease so I imagine there are a handful of people who got real burned there.

So China has its own gay dating app called Blued. Just like Grindr in the rest of the world, there are ads and even a section on the app for STD screenings and the purchase of safe sex products. You can get an online consultation with a doctor for the prescription of PRep/PEP for HIV prevention.

I had an expat friend who, unfortunately, became HIV positive and had to leave the country. He didn't have insurance and he didn't want to take his chances seeking treatment in China. This was a bit before the pandemic.

That being said, since the government is exponentially cracking down on LGBT folk, it might not be the best idea to seek treatment or medicines that might not be...harmonious with the values the powers that be holds dear.

There are rumors that LGBT folk travel to the PULSE clinics in Bangkok and Hong Kong that specialize in LGBT medical issues.