Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Democrazy posted:

It's awesome to say that sweatshops are wrong and that workers shouldn't be forced to live in difficult conditions. What's a plausible policy towards actually getting rid of sweatshops and improving welfare for the Chinese worker?

Ah, yes that little word "plausible". By inserting that word into your statement you get an automatic get out of jail free card when it comes to defending the exploitation of Chinese workers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Democrazy posted:

So what's your solution?

Letting the workers own and run the means of production, of course!

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Considering the level of repression in China when it comes to things like these, if enough of a movement was started to unionize, why not go the extra bit and go full on collective ownership? It seems like to me the only way to avoid the sweatshop stage completely is to have workers own the means of production.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
That's a pretty good post but I have one point I want to bring up. Are human rights the result of a (good) democratic government or vice versa?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Heh, I was going to ask about the political coup thing, yesterday I think I read something about how China was blowing up with reports of tanks in the streets of Beijing and fighting and poo poo. Wish I had the exact text in front of me but its at home.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Reminds me of the Chinese version of Roadwork by Stephen King.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Fiendish_Ghoul posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about.

Fox News, which is a pretty broad brush to be painting the entire American media with.