Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mr.cake
Nov 8, 2005

by Ozmaugh
The thread that spawned a thousand avatars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

HorseRenoir posted:

Anyone mind if I take this?

I do since I had it from yesterday, you motherfucker.

No Real Pattern
Mar 17, 2006

Mankind ill needs a savior such as you!

powerofrecall posted:

Yeah, it works

This looks so good. Can we please get some voice talent and make this a real thing?

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Almost Smart posted:

I do since I had it from yesterday, you motherfucker.
poo poo, sorry about that :blush:

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

quote:

Is anyone using this for an av? Calling it if not.

mr.cake
Nov 8, 2005

by Ozmaugh

Sega Saturn posted:

Is anyone using this for an av? Calling it if not.

Yes some guy is http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=400728917&forumid=1

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

drat.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

MediumWellDone posted:

Troll or not, lazerbot is inspired.

It's........beautiful........

Nothing else could combine my burning passion for Kool-Aid and Naruto......

Too bad :5bux: gets between me and modern art. This person is inspired in ways that mortals can not understand.

Zellus
Apr 3, 2010

Incompetence surrounds me!
A few of his other works.

This is pretty loving terrifying, whatever it is.

Poor Banjo. :(

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
We've all been there, unable to take it in the butt from xbox anymore.

onemanlan
Oct 4, 2006
So does anybody think this is the kinda guy who is going to shoot up some tool later on in life for making fun of him?

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich

No Real Pattern posted:

This looks so good. Can we please get some voice talent and make this a real thing?

I can do this to all the panels pretty easily. If we had voices would it look better with or without the speech bubbles? Hell it probably wouldn't even be all that hard to do some primitive animation, at least mouth movements, after having the voice work recorded.

first move tengen
Dec 2, 2011
I found his website: http://www.wix.com/lazerbot/micah-rat?ref=nf

I seriously can't wait for the next chapter.

Edit: Also, holy poo poo, he has another animation series! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce1ejQMdtss

first move tengen fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 19, 2012

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
I am completely unironically enjoying this. Not even in a so-bad-it's-good way.

It's just...good.

bad news brown
Jun 28, 2008

Goatse Master posted:

I found his website: http://www.wix.com/lazerbot/micah-rat?ref=nf

I seriously can't wait for the next chapter.

Is that a piece of poo poo playing a guitar in the beginning of episode 1?

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Slime posted:

It's just...good.

Let's not get too carried away here...

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Im sorry, you're wrong. Its just so bad that its so good you forgot it was bad in the first place. :shepface:

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe

onemanlan posted:

So does anybody think this is the kinda guy who is going to shoot up some tool later on in life for making fun of him?

I think(hope) that this kid is just making things that he finds funny and doesn't really care if anyone else gets it.

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y
The avatar was claimed, so I'll just leave it at that.

Mr. D Bewildering fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Feb 20, 2012

SnafuAl
Oct 20, 2010

VR! VR! VR!
BLOODY VR!

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

I'm leaving it to whoever wants to volunteer to do it :)

Here:

Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

spankety, spankety, spankety

powerofrecall posted:

I can do this to all the panels pretty easily. If we had voices would it look better with or without the speech bubbles? Hell it probably wouldn't even be all that hard to do some primitive animation, at least mouth movements, after having the voice work recorded.
I have the first page blocked out and layered, and I recorded some vocals that can be kept or swapped out depending.

This is with a little bit of scribblemation, which I can increase when I'm actually putting out a video file and not a gif that needs to be compressed.

AmericanBarbarian
Nov 23, 2011
My god his website is terrible. I thought these sorts of web pages were extinct by now. This is bringing back memories of the mandatory Technology education class I had to take in middle school circa 2002. Making your own web page still felt like crazy :science: then.
From his info page :

quote:

this web page is about a animation cartoon about animals and there a adventures. The main character is a rat named micah. him and his dinosaur brother camrey hang out with a living peace of crap named lukie/lucas and a gay frog that has lipstick on and he is also deeply in love with micah. As the journey goes on they will run into some old friends and some knew one. This show has humor and some action

And on his comments page

quote:

ok everyone ill will say this just to make my self clear. if you comment on this page claiming it as your own or to just blab about nothing to do with this site. i will remove the comments. if you dont give a crap about this page at all. dont comment. if you have a problem with that keep it to your self. i already ran into 100 messages having nothing to do with this page once before. if you have any questions or anything that is actually related to this page and its video's or anything like that you may comment.

When did he get 100 comments on this page with nothing to do with his art? :psyboom:

AmericanBarbarian
Nov 23, 2011
Oh my god in the other video page on his website there is a clip where the living poop does a backflip and then freezes some bad guy dressed as a ninja then the t-rex breaks him in half with his tail. This demands a gif.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Everdraed posted:

I have the first page blocked out and layered, and I recorded some vocals that can be kept or swapped out depending.

This is with a little bit of scribblemation, which I can increase when I'm actually putting out a video file and not a gif that needs to be compressed.

I recorded some lines for the character I most identify w/

Lank
Sep 16, 2002

WHERE IS THE CHANCELLOR?!

Hahahahah, this video rules.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm sorry about this too :( I've since removed all claimed avatars from my prior posts. If anybody notices their avatar still listed, just mention it in a post.

I've made one more, but I also have a bit of a request to go along with this.

This is something I made after a failed experiment. I wanted to make this an animated gif with a simple "shudder" effect like the one seen in avatars like this and this. I know next to nothing about making an animated gif, so I'm leaving it to whoever wants to volunteer to do it :)

e: It's from this page http://i.imgur.com/DYUzM.jpg

Is this good? It keeps moving slower than I tell it from my POV but that might be my browser.

E: God drat it it's not just me, what the heck is going on?

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Feb 19, 2012

ALEX TRILLTON
Sep 9, 2011

IF I'M EVER A DICK ON THE INTERNET, TELL PAULSEPHIROTH'S MOM
If we're animating stuff I'm decent at voices and feel like I might be of service. I'll get a sample up quickly.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I want to know how this happens.

How does "annihilated" end up in your usable vocabulary list but "prepare" does not.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Confidence. He doesn't expect to know annihilated so he looks it up. He doesn't suspect he is getting "harder then stone" wrong so he doesn't check. Plus things like that don't get a squiggly line.

Hellburger99
Jan 24, 2006

"I don't like that mooch...
or her pooch!
"
How many more chapters until this descends into bizarre, non-nonsensical sexual escapades ala Sonic: In Search for Love?

Sonic fans truly are the gift that keeps on giving.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
It's like someone saw Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff, thought it was serious, then decided to make a comic in the same style

Also

I loving lost it there. I have no idea why, but that sentence just made me break down.

Pizza Dude
Feb 22, 2011
This dude's cool. I don't think he's dangerous, he just huffs a lot.

ALEX TRILLTON
Sep 9, 2011

IF I'M EVER A DICK ON THE INTERNET, TELL PAULSEPHIROTH'S MOM
Here's a Sonic and Shadow impression to tide you over.

EDIT: I don't think my Sonic is as accurate as I thought it was, whoops.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Hellburger99 posted:

How many more chapters until this descends into bizarre, non-nonsensical sexual escapades ala Sonic: In Search for Love?

Sonic fans truly are the gift that keeps on giving.

That probably won't happen considering Sonic's dead.

What happened to Rob? Is Rob the self insert character or some brilliant psychological metaphor?

Captain Anderson
Jun 4, 2011

hey shadow you wanna get high?

I'm sorry about this too :( I've since removed all claimed avatars from my prior posts. If anybody notices their avatar still listed, just mention it in a post.

I've made one more, but I also have a bit of a request to go along with this.

This is something I made after a failed experiment. I wanted to make this an animated gif with a simple "shudder" effect like the one seen in avatars like this and this. I know next to nothing about making an animated gif, so I'm leaving it to whoever wants to volunteer to do it :)

e: It's from this page http://i.imgur.com/DYUzM.jpg
I had to take this. It's so perfect it doesn't even need to be gifed.

first move tengen
Dec 2, 2011
Every loving second of this is gold.

first move tengen fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Feb 19, 2012

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

I'm just wondering when the correct term for "bullying" became "trolling". I thought trolling was bullying on the internet. This is clearly 'real' life.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

I just love it so much, so much.

onemanlan
Oct 4, 2006

simplefish posted:

I'm just wondering when the correct term for "bullying" became "trolling". I thought trolling was bullying on the internet. This is clearly 'real' life.

This sounds like he plays a lot of online games and annoys people in them. Then he gets called a 'fag' and other things that he can't handle. Pretty much par for the course if some kid is annoying you online. Hell he might just be older, have a shrill voice and talks about annoying poo poo nobody wants to hear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Everdraed posted:

That almost looks TOO good, you know? Too smooth, at least the speech bubble thing. If this was going to be something moving, I just imagine it looking way shittier.

When I knocked together that gif of shadow it's just two frames in photoshop. The scribble is just the two frames using the "ocean ripple" filter at weak and slightly different settings.